Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I haven't watched this show (haven't watched any Marvel show since Loki, actually), but Jessica Gao is a very talented comedy writer with Silicon Valley and Rick and Morty credits to her name. She wrote "Pickle Rick," one of the most famous R&M episodes, and is an executive story editor for the entire show.
    Cool. But just because she can write other things does not mean that she has done well on this one, or that she has not been lazy with this one, because she knew that all critics could be shut up with the "misogynist" misdirect.
    Take Peter Jackson. Before LoTR he made a horrendous C-Movie with zombies called Braindead. We can't just say that because of this, LoTR is a terrible line of movies and he is a terrible writer. That would be a prejudice. We can only judge the movies if we have seen them.
    Yet somehow you believe you know that I (and thousands of people around the world that make the same arguments) am wrong about She-Hulk, despite not watching it. Maybe if you had actually watched it, you would know what a catastrophe it is, instead of judging me on your preconceived notions that Gao cannot do wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Also, as an aside, Better Call Saul is an amazing show, but the idea that it in any way realistically depicts how competent law is practiced is fucking hilarious.
    Duh. Obviously it is not 100% realistic, but in comparison Saul is so much more realistic and that does not stem from the fact that one is a superhero show and the other is not. It stems from the fact that Vince Gillian and his team have not decided to write a lawyer show without doing the research for it, while Jessica Gao did exactly that. And then she even had the nerve to proudly proclaim her lazyness on the internet, assured that she is untouchable anyway.

Again if you wouldn't judge my argument without even seeing the show it is made about, maybe you would realize that there are children out there that could write more realistic court and law scenes then this writer is paid obscene amounts of money to write. And again, it is not her incompetence that annoys me. It is her lazyness. She just needed to hire a real lawyer or an adviser to help with those scenes.
    But she knew she didn't have to, because no matter what she does she can just call all critics "incels" and "misogynists" and as such their critique does not matter anymore. It's a great system for lazy people.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    There's also the question how the entire Jen-Shehulk dynamic works. Bruce Banner shot himself in the head, which simply caused him to turn into Hulk. Decent chance that Titania pulled her hit, because she didn't know that.
    A punch that sends a person flying meters away. is. not. pulled. A humans face should be mush from such a blow.

Jen should either be dead or if we go by Hulk rules, should have transformed instantly in reaction to heavy physical trauma. Like when Bruce jumped on the Bifrost and went splatt, only for Hulk to stand up.

That is what I mean with Gao not understanding a Hulk show.

Also, could someone pleeeease explain to me what the heck is going on in Titanias head? When she first met Jen, she was knocked out with a single punch. How does she figure that she can win a fight with her?
    Especially if she wants it to be fair. She has no strategy, no secret weapon, she doesn't even take a hostage despite tons of Jen's "friends" standing around. How did she figure this would end if not with her total and massive humiliation infront of dozens of people with smartphones.

Is this really the only was we can prop up Jen? By making all her enemies stupid as bread? How about making Jen competent instead... like "Hey, maybe we should not Hulk-Out in the middle of all the wedding guests, we might accidentally break people"

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raisei View Post
    A punch that sends a person flying meters away. is. not. pulled. A humans face should be mush from such a blow.

Jen should either be dead or if we go by Hulk rules, should have transformed instantly in reaction to heavy physical trauma. Like when Bruce jumped on the Bifrost and went splatt, only for Hulk to stand up.

That is what I mean with Gao not understanding a Hulk show.

Also, could someone pleeeease explain to me what the heck is going on in Titanias head? When she first met Jen, she was knocked out with a single punch. How does she figure that she can win a fight with her?
    Especially if she wants it to be fair. She has no strategy, no secret weapon, she doesn't even take a hostage despite tons of Jen's "friends" standing around. How did she figure this would end if not with her total and massive humiliation infront of dozens of people with smartphones.

Is this really the only was we can prop up Jen? By making all her enemies stupid as bread? How about making Jen competent instead... like "Hey, maybe we should not Hulk-Out in the middle of all the wedding guests, we might accidentally break people"
    No man, this has not been considered at all in the MCU. The whole "superhero responsibility and how they should use their powers". It's not like there were those.... can't remember the name... Choc-a-pic ? Shokolade? ...aaaa, Sokovia Accords. A legal document restricting Superpower use, mustn't have been read by a lawyer with a direct blood connection (pun intended) with one of the "Avongers", who (the lawyer), strangely, is now the head of Superhuman law department in a huge law firm.

Hey, she can restrict herself not hurting people in a superpowered brawl, because she: 1. "Tousled with her hulk cousin", 2. Knows restrain from the years of patriarchial oppression and catcalling she has survived... barely.

And that is NOT directed at the character. it's to show how shitty the writing of this show is.
    /spit@Blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    Hint: It's right in the name of the show.
    *Squints eyes*

Attorneys...

Latest Marvel News: ‘She-Hulk’ drops its most disappointing episode yet as season 2 hopes rise for another MCU series

Well, that’s what we get for raising our hopes. After last week’s episode ended with a major promise that Daredevil was coming next time, this Thursday’s She-Hulk: Attorney at Law installment decided to troll audiences by offering up a “self-contained wedding episode” instead of the superhero team-up we were all psyched for. In happier news, the chances of another MCU series getting a sophomore run just shot up.

We all know that Marvel lovers are completely reasonable and laid-back when it comes to Daredevil, so they’ve been totally chill about the fact that he was nowhere to be seen in this week’s She-Hulk.
    Yeah, and Iron Fist is more popular than Iron Man.
    No, of course Twitter was livid after episode six came out and it’s fair to say that the majority found this to be the most disappointing chapter of the season. Although you have to give the show’s team credit for pulling off such a ballsy move. They definitely knew the backlash they were going to incite with this one.

We know Kamala will be back in next summer’s The Marvels, but it seems her adventures will continue after that in a second run of her very own show.

Not content with just denying us Daredevil, She-Hulk episode six also quietly wiped out any opportunity for a comic book super-team to ever enter the MCU. This week’s kooky new client for Jen’s lawfirm was Mr. Immortal, an old dude who keeps walking out (of windows) on his spouses. He’s actually a total rehaul of a teen hero who was supposed to appear in the New Warriors TV show that Freeform was developing a few years ago, so don’t hold your breath for that property to get the Born Again treatment.

(and thousands of people around the world that make the same arguments)
    Thank you for confirming that you're all a bunch of dopes that parrot the same argument.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Lost me here, tbh. There was no "promise," that's bullshit expectations based on seeing nothing but a helmet as an easter egg. Nothing in that small scene says "Hey, Daredevil is definitely coming next week, guys!"
    It was a pretty obvious cliffhanger with Daredevil's helmet but also with Jens possible superhero suit... so it wasn't crazy to expect just that at the next episode (or at least more build up towards that) instead of some filler episode about a wedding no one cares about and some random divorce case. It's a filler episode, they even admit it with a 4th wall break.
    "Mastery Haste will fix it."

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    It was a pretty obvious cliffhanger with Daredevil's helmet
    IDK about "cliffhanger". I never saw it as more than an Easter Egg, and I certainly had no expectation that DD would ever actually show up in this show. Maybe that's just me, of course.

We already know Daredevil will show up in the show. You can defend the baiting without being disingenuous.

I absolutely expected Matt to show up at some point in a show. I was hoping it was going to be ep 6 due to hint in ep 5, but I am still expecting Matt to show up at some point. why? cause of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrCKI_lJHFE

that scene may not have been a promise, but him being in one of the teasers for the show - absolutely was.

edited, and apparently she even talked about it in interviews /shrug

https://youtu.be/ctgXqfPhoFw?t=110

guys...I know we get defensive because of how much criticism is done not in good faith in this thread, but not all of it is. you do not have to go into kneejerk you know.
    Last edited by Witchblade77; 2022-09-25 at 03:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post
    Editing this because i rewatched the scene. IT WAS THE FIRST PUNCH THAT SENT JEN FLYING SOME 5-10 METERS FAR. IN HUMAN FORM.

This show sucks.
    If that's your standard, the entire MCU sucks. Plenty of "normal" humans get tossed that far with minimal injury. Plus, we're ignoring that Jen could easily have had a cracked skull or something, and turning into She-Hulk just kicked in the old Hulk healing factor.

Did this scene in Iron Man 1 make that movie "suck"?

Or do you just have a completely indefensible double standard that you're applying, here.

It's part of a superhero comic franchise. Stuff like this happens constantly and it's just part of the setting that we agree to suspend disbelief on, the same way we suspend disbelief as to magic spells being cast and literal Gods walking the Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    We already know Daredevil will show up in the show. You can defend the baiting without being disingenuous.
    But we know he'll show up because they announced that he'd show up. Not because of the easter egg of his helmet. There's been so many characters teased in little bits here and there in the MCU who've never shown up. Wolverine was teased in She-Hulk, too, though not as overtly.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-09-25 at 03:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Thank you for confirming that you're all a bunch of dopes that parrot the same argument.
    And your arguments to defend the show are completely unique? Are you even hearing yourself? Of course arguments will repeat when talking about the same subject matter, how is this even a question? Dear lord...

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    IDK about "cliffhanger". I never saw it as more than an Easter Egg, and I certainly had no expectation that DD would ever actually show up in this show. Maybe that's just me, of course.
    To me it becomes a cliffhanger and not just an easter egg precisely because we've known that DD is going to show up for quite some time, but i admit that the term cliffhanger is probably not the best way to describe it. My point is that it was very reasonable to expect him showing up in this episode as well as jen's superhero suit. Ep6 is terrible in my opinion, but the fact that it has no DD has nothing to do with it.

And your arguments to defend the show are completely unique? Are you even hearing yourself? Of course arguments will repeat when talking about the same subject matter, how is this even a question? Dear lord...
    My arguments are based on actually watching the show. Already having pre-existing knowledge of the character helps too.

Your arguments involve conspiracy theories doubtlessly cribbed from some prominent crank on YouTube. It’s like you patiently wait for your talking points to arrive before invading the thread-du-jour and throwing shit everywhere.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I can't believe we're still arguing the same tired shit from early episodes about men being shit on and the accuracy of any legal proceedings. Do people watch Suits and genuinely think that's how things go in and out of court?

Then stop watching it.
    Well, i am not concerned about accuracy. I am talking about engaging legal stories. Those in the show are already solved cases, needed only to be presented facts in court. It's simpleton writing and that's my peeve.

And, no. I am gonna watch it till the end. I want to see where the SHE-HULK ends up in the whole MCU and its current and future phases. It's quite possible that this trainwreck will lead nowhere, that there's actually an interesting story, but that it is badly written to condemn the series and the character to be reintroduced in a far better way in another series or film.

Stop with "don't like it, don't watch it". It's not an argument on the quality of the series. It's an ad hominem that gives nothing to the discussion of the QUALITY OF THE SERIES.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Look in the mirror. You belong to another bunch of dopes who deny criticism with the same arguments and not discussing.

- - - Updated - - -

You know, MCU has a habit of teasing stuff to come in their last film/series scenes, along with the mid-after credit ones. If you had no expectation, it's a you thing and not what the majority of the MCU audience thinks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    If that's your standard, the entire MCU sucks. Plenty of "normal" humans get tossed that far with minimal injury. Plus, we're ignoring that Jen could easily have had a cracked skull or something, and turning into She-Hulk just kicked in the old Hulk healing factor.

Did this scene in Iron Man 1 make that movie "suck"?

Or do you just have a completely indefensible double standard that you're applying, here.

It's part of a superhero comic franchise. Stuff like this happens constantly and it's just part of the setting that we agree to suspend disbelief on, the same way we suspend disbelief as to magic spells being cast and literal Gods walking the Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

But we know he'll show up because they announced that he'd show up. Not because of the easter egg of his helmet. There's been so many characters teased in little bits here and there in the MCU who've never shown up. Wolverine was teased in She-Hulk, too, though not as overtly.
    We are talking about superpowered beings here hitting hard each other. I can easily assume that Iron Man wore some protective stuff on his hands or managed to brake his wall launch with something. Gotta be vague enough as "sucker-punch", despite the fact that there are physics there.

Also, what's the next scene? Tony getting up and dusting himself? Or maybe a cut scene some days ago after he treated his injuries?

You're giving half the proof here. Go get me the rest of it or rest it.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    And, no. I am gonna watch it till the end. I want to see where the SHE-HULK ends up in the whole MCU and its current and future phases. It's quite possible that this trainwreck will lead nowhere, that there's actually an interesting story, but that it is badly written to condemn the series and the character to be reintroduced in a far better way in another series or film.
    It isn't "badly written", and you folks making that claim haven't ever made a single valid argument to support that. You just don't like it.

Edit: On this point, before people come back with weak elements, I'm not arguing the writing is genius. Just serviceable. On par with any other decent sitcom. There's a whole lotta room between "bad" and "excellent", and I'm disputing "bad", not claiming "excellence".

We are talking about superpowered beings here hitting hard each other. I can easily assume that Iron Man wore some protective stuff on his hands or managed to brake his wall launch with something. Gotta be vague enough as "sucker-punch", despite the fact that there are physics there.
    There's the utterly baseless double standard. You're willing to make excuses and suspend your disbelief, when it's Tony Stark. But not when it's Jennifer Walters.

Also, what's the next scene? Tony getting up and dusting himself? Or maybe a cut scene some days ago after he treated his injuries?

The movie's right there for you to watch. I'm just not holding your hand and stepping you through scene by scene. If you thought there was contradictory evidence in the following scene, that burden of proof lay with you, not me.

And unfortunately for you, the next scene is Tony working at a computer without any trace of injury whatsoever or any indication that any significant time has passed. Which I kinda think you knew and hoped I wouldn't check, as if that made any damned sense.

You're holding a double standard. Which raises the question of why you're targeting She-Hulk, specifically, because it sure doesn't make a lick of sense to single She-Hulk out like you are.
    Last edited by Endus; 2022-09-25 at 05:51 PM.

Bruce was also ok after this.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Well, i am not concerned about accuracy. I am talking about engaging legal stories.
    Perhaps if "engaging legal stories" is what you're looking for, "sitcom about a lawyer who gets superpowers and needs to figure out what that means for her life" may not have been the best place to find that. From the start.

It's like complaining that BBT doesn't have "engaging physics stories" in it. WTF I watched this expecting some exciting plot lines about Calabi-Yau manifolds and and the stress-energy tensor, and instead they're playing D&D and talking about girls! I FEEL SO CHEATED!

Like, seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Bruce was also ok after this.
    Oof, it's even clearer than I remembered - Bruce doesn't even transform when he hits the ground, he's just stunned for a bit and then goes Hulk.

I think this is pretty solid indication that MCU hulks are superhumanly tough even in human form?

Perhaps if "engaging legal stories" is what you're looking for, "sitcom about a lawyer who gets superpowers and needs to figure out what that means for her life" may not have been the best place to find that. From the start.
    Maybe the issue is precisely that the MCU is not the best place for that kind of show in the first place. You can have Ally McBeal with superpowers as a show, but if you put that as part of a cinematic universe about superheroes you create certain expectations and interest that wouldn't exist if it wasn't part of that universe. That's also the reason why people keep watching and talking about it even when they don't like it and i'm pretty sure that everyone involved in the show is very aware of that.

Quote Originally Posted by paxen View Post
    Oof, it's even clearer than I remembered - Bruce doesn't even transform when he hits the ground, he's just stunned for a bit and then goes Hulk.

I think this is pretty solid indication that MCU hulks are superhumanly tough even in human form?
    Nah, it's just a solid indication that Taika Waititi thought it would be a funny moment.
    Last edited by Geckoo; 2022-09-25 at 07:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geckoo View Post
    Nah, it's just a solid indication that Taika Waititi thought it would be a funny moment.
    And Titania suckerpunching Jen was also funny! So it works.