The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    I'm sorry, but at best you are nitpicking.

At worst you are arguing in bad faith.

We got that josh managed to get the blood. We have been shown how he would do it in a previous episode.

You are arguing minor points and saying that the writing is bad because is not to your liking.
    Lots of minor points make the whole script. The Devil's in the details. It's what can make a show shine or shit.

And that's also your opinion, so idgaf.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Again, "bad" requires qualification. You can't just declare it to be thus.

Otherwise, it's just that you don't like a thing, and that doesn't matter to anyone but you.
    Yeah, super veneers that can withstand a hulk punch, but not a flat face drop.

Definitely no qualification here.

Let's not discuss the "mystery of Josh ghosting", by showing what happened chronologically earlier, as a last scene. This is cheap, highschool grade writing.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fabinas View Post

It's a misrepresentation. And no; you're not qualifying anything, there, you're just stating what you have a problem with, not detailing why. The punch was to the side of her head, the face plant was face first. This is why you don't convince anyone. You compare apples to oranges and complain they're not bananas.

That's your opinion. Who said i didn't pay attention? I said the choices they made were bad, not that i didn't understand them.
    Your questions are bad.

The writing is reasonably efficient and gets the story told without wasting time on things like “why doesn’t this person get their head pulped?”

Do you watch The Boys and complain about how totally unrealistic laser eye babies are?

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Why, they don't put veneers on the on the left and right on the middle two teeth, upper and lower?

Also, it seems hulk punching someone and sending them some meters away definitely not causes any damage from the impact. None whatsoever. Only falling flat face does.

Pro writing.

Also, your opinion on my opinion is noted and as such, it means you're just stating that you have a problem with.

I don't want to convince anyone. You do, though, with your false misrepresentations.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Why, they don't put veneers on the on the left and right on the middle two teeth, upper and lower?
    You've got a lot of thick cheek muscle and cheekbones out there that protect the side of your jaw. It's much easier to damage teeth with a hit straight onto the mouth. That's just physics and body mechanics, and is exactly how things work in the real world.

Also, it seems hulk punching someone and sending them some meters away definitely not causes any damage from the impact. None whatsoever. Only falling flat face does.

Pro writing.
    Only if you forget Titania's superpowered too. Which you are. Or you're being intentionally misleading.

And again; you're still not qualifying things. You are still focusing on what you want to complain about, not why it's "bad".

I don't want to convince anyone. You do, though, with your false misrepresentations.
    If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting to a discussion forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Lots of minor points make the whole script. The Devil's in the details. It's what can make a show shine or shit.

And that's also your opinion, so idgaf.

- - - Updated - - -

Let's not discuss the "mystery of Josh ghosting", by showing what happened chronologically earlier, as a last scene. This is cheap, highschool grade writing.
    Wow, so edgy. Nice way to deflect the fact that your points have no merit.

Contrary to popular belief, saying "My opinion" is not the star on super mario, if you don't give a specific reason why a thing is bad, people will call bullshit on it.

I want to make it clear that its fine if you don't enjoy the show. It is fine if you hate it. But saying: Titania lost a tooth from a face plant or We don't see Josh draining the blood is not really a good reason.

The Mystery of josh ghosting is not really about what he done, the bigger point is about Jen accepting herself, fully embracing what she has become not to mention playing with the romantic comedy trope of the lovebirds getting together.

Again, you can just dislike the show, and not even have a logical reason behind your hate. That is fine. Just dont try to make your reasons any thing more than they actually are.
    I don't want solutions. I want to be mad. - PoorlyDrawnlines

Pro writing.

Also, your opinion on my opinion is noted and as such, it means you're just stating that you have a problem with.

How the actual hell are you reading this far into a visual gag?

It was obviously a "point and laugh that she fell" moment.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    I honestly thought she took the fall on purpose and was going to try and sue Jen again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Ok, do you consider good writing, concerning the hero abilities, that superpowered punches cant do shit dmg to other beings or their prosthetics, but falling flat on your face can break your veneers?
    Well, you are missing the point of a joke in a comedy series. That's literally meant as a joke.

Edit: Adding onto this. Also, I am not arguing that She hulk HAS good writing, just that the MCU isn't known for nor has its writing ever actually been good. The MCU has skated on its actions scenes and character performances, not really the writing. There is odd writing choices all the way back to Iron Man.

What was the purpose on that? to not make She-Hulk a baddie, that hurt poor Titania? Or maybe to make us feel that while the punch on Titania was well deserved, it couldn't harm her and the only thing she suffered was the humiliation of her dropping flatfaced losing tooth face?
    A joke, that was the purpose. Nothing more or less. A joke in a comedy series.

So what if She-Hulk had a broken nose after Titania's launching punch, fixed immediately by Hulking Out, and then She-Hulk's punch broke just the veneers or even chipped a Titania tooth?
    Again. Joke in a Comedy Series.

It's nonsensical. Just as not showing Josh drawing Jen's blood. Which we assume was done so deftly, she never felt those huge needles while asleep after having sex. Details, but i personally consider them important.
    Good for you? How could Tony make an robotic suit in a cave with a box of scraps? How did Captain America survive being frozen in Ice? Where and When did the MCU Peter Parker get his Spider powers? How can Odin just take away Thor's powers? These are all other things that existed in the MCU before She hulk was even allowed in it. You don't seem to care about these things.

Also, what's the purpose of Josh sending an emoji "mission accomplished", instead of showing us the new needles, or even the radioactive signed box, which were shown 2 episodes ago? Unless those weren't used by him and there's a 2nd party interested in her blood, just posting an emoji message inside Jen's house is kinda... lame.
    The emoji again are a joke in a comedy series. The entire scene included jokes about what was happening ... as this is a comedy series. You don't need to like jokes but complaining about obvious jokes is just weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Pro writing.

You are overanalyzing a joke in a comedy series to call the writing bad.
    Last edited by Darththeo; 2022-10-01 at 12:30 AM.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Your questions are bad.

The writing is reasonably efficient and gets the story told without wasting time on things like “why doesn’t this person get their head pulped?”

Do you watch The Boys and complain about how totally unrealistic laser eye babies are?
    My problem is that i have stated more than once, again and again, that things between similar happen without consistency, just to serve the plot. Inside the same show. I don't look for consistency between other media or even in the whole MCU (although that would have been best, i guess). I want consequences of actions to be the same in the first and last episode. Not changing because the writer won't be arsed to do so or is prone to change those because laziness and "plot".
    /spit@Blizzard

My problem is that i have stated more than once, again and again, that things between similar happen without consistency, just to serve the plot. Inside the same show. I don't look for consistency between other media or even in the whole MCU (although that would have been best, i guess). I want consequences of actions to be the same in the first and last episode. Not changing because the writer won't be arsed to do so or is prone to change those because laziness and "plot".
    And all we want is for you to justify why this show is held to that standard, when pretty much no other MCU show and probably no comedy show PERIOD is held to that standard.

We get it. You don't like it. Cool. Why should we care? Give us a REASON that we can use to justify your criticism that isn't just your preference. Or, alternatively, there's always the option of simply going "I don't like it, and that's what I wanted you to know. Goodbye now, I've said what I came here to say".
    Last edited by Biomega; 2022-10-01 at 02:27 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You consistently and blatantly ignore differences in the circumstances, to manufacture an indefensible claim of "inconsistency". It's all in your head, not in the show. You came at this show with an agenda and a grudge. Pretty much every point you've tried to make boils down to pointing at two different scenes and claiming that because both didn't have identical outcomes, despite the obvious differences in context and action in those scenes, the writing is therefore "bad". The bit in italics is why those claims never hold up to scrutiny.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    You've got a lot of thick cheek muscle and cheekbones out there that protect the side of your jaw. It's much easier to damage teeth with a hit straight onto the mouth. That's just physics and body mechanics, and is exactly how things work in the real world.

Only if you forget Titania's superpowered too. Which you are. Or you're being intentionally misleading.

And again; you're still not qualifying things. You are still focusing on what you want to complain about, not why it's "bad".

If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting to a discussion forum.
    Oh, sure. Guess ultra inflated puckered influencer lips aren't protection from a flat faced slip drop, but clearly visually distorted (thick? lol, that's reaching) muscle and skin protects it. The part about cheekbone is also reaching, so i expect you to fully calculate impact points, fist trajectory and a lot of vector graphics to prove what you just farted out of your brain in your pathetic attempts to convince me of... anything.

Titania is superpowered. And her skin and cheeks and teeth. I doubt her porcelain teeth prosthetics, are though. Again, misleading argument.

You said it yourself. "DISCUSSION", not "CONVINCING" forum. It seems you're here to appear you're convincing just for self assertion, while purposefully being an immovable wall to anything. I am not participating in an exercise of futility, just a bit smarter than that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sluvs View Post
    Wow, so edgy. Nice way to deflect the fact that your points have no merit.

Contrary to popular belief, saying "My opinion" is not the star on super mario, if you don't give a specific reason why a thing is bad, people will call bullshit on it.

I want to make it clear that its fine if you don't enjoy the show. It is fine if you hate it. But saying: Titania lost a tooth from a face plant or We don't see Josh draining the blood is not really a good reason.

The Mystery of josh ghosting is not really about what he done, the bigger point is about Jen accepting herself, fully embracing what she has become not to mention playing with the romantic comedy trope of the lovebirds getting together.

Again, you can just dislike the show, and not even have a logical reason behind your hate. That is fine. Just dont try to make your reasons any thing more than they actually are.
    We've seen these things done much better. You said it yourself, "tropes". It's how you present those that distinguish good and bad writing. And She-hulk's writer does it bad.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How the actual hell are you reading this far into a visual gag?

It was obviously a "point and laugh that she fell" moment.
    You obviously missed last week's "discussion". Take the time to check it, because i am so sorry that i won't repeat it for you.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, sure. Guess ultra inflated puckered influencer lips aren't protection from a flat faced slip drop, but clearly visually distorted (thick? lol, that's reaching) muscle and skin protects it.
    Yes, muscle (especially superstrength-powered muscle) provides a lot more defense than fatty tissue.

It's literally true in actual reality that taking a hit to the cheek is way less likely to damage teeth than a hit straight to the mouth. Because of this. It's pretty simple biomechanics.

The part about cheekbone is also reaching, so i expect you to fully calculate impact points, fist trajectory and a lot of vector graphics to prove what you just farted out of your brain in your pathetic attempts to convince me of... anything.
    I couldn't care less about your "expectations". I provided an alternative explanation. I don't have to prove that my alternative definitely is what the real explanation is; as long as any alternatives are even plausible, your claims cannot be taken seriously.

You're arguing A. I'm arguing Not-A. That means you're the one with a burden of proof, not I.

Titania is superpowered. And her skin and cheeks and teeth. I doubt her porcelain teeth prosthetics, are though. Again, misleading argument.
    Literally the point. And somehow, you don't see that you just admitted your own mistake.

You said it yourself. "DISCUSSION", not "CONVINCING" forum. It seems you're here to appear you're convincing just for self assertion, while purposefully being an immovable wall to anything. I am not participating in an exercise of futility, just a bit smarter than that.
    Where did you ever get the idea that I expect to convince you? I'm arguing to dispute your claims and show everyone else how little merit they hold. Whether that convinces you never even entered into consideration. You're the one I'm talking about, not the one I'm talking to.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darththeo View Post
    Well, you are missing the point of a joke in a comedy series. That's literally meant as a joke.

Edit: Adding onto this. Also, I am not arguing that She hulk HAS good writing, just that the MCU isn't known for nor has its writing ever actually been good. The MCU has skated on its actions scenes and character performances, not really the writing. There is odd writing choices all the way back to Iron Man.

A joke, that was the purpose. Nothing more or less. A joke in a comedy series.

Again. Joke in a Comedy Series.

Good for you? How could Tony make an robotic suit in a cave with a box of scraps? How did Captain America survive being frozen in Ice? Where and When did the MCU Peter Parker get his Spider powers? How can Odin just take away Thor's powers? These are all other things that existed in the MCU before She hulk was even allowed in it. You don't seem to care about these things.

The emoji again are a joke in a comedy series. The entire scene included jokes about what was happening ... as this is a comedy series. You don't need to like jokes but complaining about obvious jokes is just weird.

- - - Updated - - -

You are overanalyzing a joke in a comedy series to call the writing bad.
    yada yada yada funny, joke. If that's your argument, then a) opinions about funny and joke are opinions and count for nothing here, as you have clearly established. b) but you used to argue that Stark should have been crushed on that wall, so that then wasn't a joke? yay double standards when it fits. c) if you find funny people dropping on their face, then i guess your empathy sucks. People have died from awkward drops. And no, surviving ANY drop is not funny. Only kids and humanoids with animal thinking laugh. When people drop we should be worried, not laughing, even if the only consequence is just false tooth faces broken.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    And all we want is for you to justify why this show is held to that standard, when pretty much no other MCU show and probably no comedy show PERIOD is held to that standard.

We get it. You don't like it. Cool. Why should we care? Give us a REASON that we can use to justify your criticism that isn't just your preference. Or, alternatively, there's always the option of simply going "I don't like it, and that's what I wanted you to know. Goodbye now, I've said what I came here to say".
    There's no agenda. I will come every week here and post whatever i found in this show silly, badly written and created. Because in an on going show, every episode might be good, bad mediocre or simply indifferent. There's a great chance that i will not post if (by any divine inspiration or sheer luck) that week's episode might be decent. Did you see me criticising the retreat part? NO. Wonder why? just use your imagination. Or your deductive powers. It's easy, c'mon.
    /spit@Blizzard

Tere's no agenda. I will come every week here and post whatever i found in this show silly, badly written and created. Because in an on going show, every episode might be good, bad mediocre or simply indifferent. There's a great chance that i will not post if (by any divine inspiration or sheer luck) that week's episode might be decent. Did you see me criticising the retreat part? NO. Wonder why? just use your imagination. Or your deductive powers. It's easy, c'mon.
    So that's a "yes" then on Option 2?

You just want people to hear you don't like something? Cool. We've heard it now. See you next week, I guess, Angry Man Yelling at Cloud.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    You consistently and blatantly ignore differences in the circumstances, to manufacture an indefensible claim of "inconsistency". It's all in your head, not in the show. You came at this show with an agenda and a grudge. Pretty much every point you've tried to make boils down to pointing at two different scenes and claiming that because both didn't have identical outcomes, despite the obvious differences in context and action in those scenes, the writing is therefore "bad". The bit in italics is why those claims never hold up to scrutiny.
    Just because you misrepresent what i have clearly and with examples in the same show proven, doesn't make you right and me wrong. Sorry, but as i said i won't keep talking to a wall. I'd suggest you do the same, because your whole attitude and stance causes me to become one like you.

As for the agenda, read my response to Biomega.
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    yada yada yada funny, joke. If that's your argument, then a) opinions about funny and joke are opinions and count for nothing here, as you have clearly established. b) but you used to argue that Stark should have been crushed on that wall, so that then wasn't a joke? yay double standards when it fits.
    Nobody here made that argument. The Stark scene was brought up to demonstrate that the "inconsistency" you were complaining about does not exist in the show or broader MCU; it only exists in your head, something you invented yourself.

c) if you find funny people dropping on their face, then i guess your empathy sucks. People have died from awkward drops.
    1> Welcome to the concept of "slapstick". It's a form of humor so completely widespread it's present in pretty much every culture. Humor, in many ways, is fundamentally predicated on forms of pain, and the human response to mitigate it. Even puns are "funny" because of the intellectual "pain" the overlapping phrasing creates. Not understanding this doesn't elevate you, it very much suggests you're not posting in good faith.

2> The humor wasn't in Titania's slip and fall. So you're again blatantly misrepresenting the scene in question.

The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    Yes, muscle (especially superstrength-powered muscle) provides a lot more defense than fatty tissue.

It's literally true in actual reality that taking a hit to the cheek is way less likely to damage teeth than a hit straight to the mouth. Because of this. It's pretty simple biomechanics.

I couldn't care less about your "expectations". I provided an alternative explanation. I don't have to prove that my alternative definitely is what the real explanation is; as long as any alternatives are even plausible, your claims cannot be taken seriously.

You're arguing A. I'm arguing Not-A. That means you're the one with a burden of proof, not I.

Literally the point. And somehow, you don't see that you just admitted your own mistake.

Where did you ever get the idea that I expect to convince you? I'm arguing to dispute your claims and show everyone else how little merit they hold. Whether that convinces you never even entered into consideration. You're the one I'm talking about, not the one I'm talking to.
    just answering your last, because answering the rest would be futile talking to a wall.

"If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting to a discussion forum. "
    /spit@Blizzard

10+ Year Old Account
    Just because you misrepresent what i have clearly and with examples in the same show proven, doesn't make you right and me wrong. Sorry, but as i said i won't keep talking to a wall. I'd suggest you do the same, because your whole attitude and stance causes me to become one like you.
    What makes you wrong is that you've repeatedly had to straight-up lie about what actually happens in the show to try and manufacture a claim that the show itself wouldn't justify.

You keep lying; that's why you keep getting called out. Like you just did, up there, about what made Titania's faceplant funny, and where the humor in that scene was.

- - - Updated - - -

just answering your last, because answering the rest would be futile talking to a wall.

"If you didn't, you wouldn't be posting to a discussion forum. "
    You realize there's a hell of a lot of posters here other than you, right?