Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

AH region merge is awful

whenever i try to buy some mats i get the pop-up, this item is no longer available. if i spam buy it 10 times in a row, i may get lucky to buy what i want before someone else do.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    whenever i try to buy some mats i get the pop-up, this item is no longer available. if i spam buy it 10 times in a row, i may get lucky to buy what i want before someone else do.
    If AHs weren't merged, the new crafting system of DF would be almost certainly DoA, aside from maybe a handful of megaservers. Unfortunately, it has unforeseen (?) side effects like the one you are describing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Suggestion: try offering to buy in Trade Chat?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Then pick not the first Item, take one 1-2 gold more expensive.

literally never had that problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    If AHs weren't merged, the new crafting system of DF would be almost certainly DoA, aside from maybe a handful of megaservers. Unfortunately, it has unforeseen (?) side effects like the one you are describing.
    an unacceptable side effect imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    do you suggest people to walk when their car is broken?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by saixilein View Post
    Then pick not the first Item, take one 1-2 gold more expensive.
    sometimes the game asks if i wanna buy cheapest available, but most often i get the other message.

Quote Originally Posted by mojusk View Post
    An acceptable sacrifice for getting rid of market manipulators.

Also it's hardly beyond solutions; minor overbidding, trade chat or just not being too slow would all work.
    But if that's all not acceptable to you you can always just ask Blizzard to smooth out the kinks in the system, if it is indeed one.
    Basically: Better to complain to the ones that can actually change the situation if that is what you want.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

10+ Year Old Account
    The regions are too large for a full merg. This will have massive repercussions that Blizz did not see because they dont understand wow's unique economy.

Prices will never recover to a sustainable level they will remain too low for gathering professions to be viable. In a normal economy goods have a price floor because the cost of production and need to make a profit to survive. Wow mats only production cost is time which to many wow players is worthless so the price of goods will hit rock bottom specially as the vendor price is so low.

Crafted items will be next to see a massive decline as people change professions to survive and flood the market because cheap mats makes it easy. Professions that dont make much money will be hit first with Alchemy remaining the most profitable for a time before eventually crashing.

It would be better to do smaller merges of low and medium population servers to create a handful of region economies instead of one single mega economy for every region. Most high pop servers don't need more competition as mats are already very low in price. This would fix the high prices for smaller servers making it easier on people to survive while not destroying the market completely.

Trade chat is completely unusable on my server (TN EU)

Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    The regions are too large for a full merg. This will have massive repercussions that Blizz did not see because they dont understand wow's unique economy.

Prices will never recover to a sustainable level they will remain too low for gathering professions to be viable. In a normal economy goods have a price floor because the cost of production and need to make a profit to survive. Wow mats only production cost is time which to many wow players is worthless so the price of goods will hit rock bottom specially as the vendor price is so low.

Crafted items will be next to see a massive decline as people change professions to survive and flood the market because cheap mats makes it easy. Professions that dont make much money will be hit first with Alchemy remaining the most profitable for a time before eventually crashing.

It would be better to do smaller merges of low and medium population servers to create a handful of region economies instead of one single mega economy for every region. Most high pop servers don't need more competition as mats are already very low in price. This would fix the high prices for smaller servers making it easier on people to survive while not destroying the market completely.
    Things being cheap, how is that bad? Means I don’t need to boost to afford to BOES for competitive raiding. The money I save from all this will go towards those BOEs!

What's so bad about low prices? It makes professions entirely optional, you know, like if you want to spend time on it.
    People seem to forget that WoW's economy is virtual; there is no virtue to its existence beyond facilitating trade, if it lessens that is not inherently bad, it just means less people have been forced to make use of it.

Additionally there is some price floor; time spent in WoW has a direct cost associated via the subscription model, so that assesment is incorrect.
    (and that is while humoring the absurd notion that time spent has no baseline value for people; no one is going to farm pointlessly, it's simply not the main gameloop)
    Last edited by loras; 2022-08-18 at 03:21 PM.

how is this bad? unless your an AH tycoon?
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Quote Originally Posted by Soikona View Post
    Things being cheap, how is that bad? Means I don’t need to boost to afford to BOES for competitive raiding. The money I save from all this will go towards those BOEs!
    The market is only merged for "commodities" (trade goods, stackable stuff) i heard, not for full fledged items.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    The market is only merged for "commodities" (trade goods, stackable stuff) i heard, not for full fledged items.
    You really dont understand his statement?

If mats are cheaper, then consumables are cheaper too.

If consumables are cheaper, he can afford more gold to buy BOEs.

Got it now?

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    Got it now?
    To afford more BoEs, you need to have gold first. Where do you get the gold if selling mats is unprofitable...?
    Oh, I think I know

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not happy with it personally, I dislike how much it removes from being able to make gold on different economies. Using the Servers I play on, Tarren-Mill EU, Silvermoon-EU and Shadowsong-EU, each had it's own prices that were different. Despite both TM and SM being massive servers prices were different and competitive. Shadowsong being a smaller server was generally more expensive and more challenging, especially with older materials. However it did (and still does) have massive problems with Legendaries (people are still selling 291 Legendaries for 50k+ and attempting 200k for a ring last week).

From my POV I also feel it removes a lot of incentives to do anything with professions, prices are not much different from Vendor Prices (actually the case with a lot of the food items and heading that way with Augment Runes).

I agree that the Region Merge is way too big. If anything smaller Severs combining would make a much better system for those Realms which are struggling unlike Tarren-Mill and Silvermoon. Connecting more Realms similar to what they did for Classic TBC would be a massive boost for those realms. Instead they're left to die and those on them see no alternative to leave.

Will have to see what happens comes Dragonflight, but I don't think this something I'd like to keep permanently.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Everything you just said is great for buyers. Sooooo.............. YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rageonit View Post
    To afford more BoEs, you need to have gold first. Where do you get the gold if selling mats is unprofitable...?
    Oh, I think I know
    Jesus, how desperate must you be to turn this change into "Blizzard want to sell more tokens".

Current situation is opposite - more people buy services through gold than buy gold. That's why token price is rising. On EU during BfA (when Brutosaur gold sink existed) it was 150-160k, now constantly over 300k gold.

good joke

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post

Got it now?
    You seem to have inexplicably swallowed a spoonful of salt, but i'll explain: I know that all costs are related, i do not know whether he knows that not all markets are merged, as most of these BoEs are not affected by the changes directly.
    It is, after all, implied in his post that he expects all things, including noncrafted BoEs presumably, to get cheaper. That you missed this ambiguity is... curious.