Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Will you play wotlk until dragonflight releases?

Whats the plan people?, im really bored of shadowlands now, nothing to do, same old raids just higher ilvl loot but same bosses and mechanics.

Im planning to play wotlk until dragonflight releases in november, how about you?.

Probably, I have to nothing to play now.

Gonna see how the fresh servers look in the first few weeks then I'll probably roll on one of them.

S4 is kinna boring.

i already played it 12 years ago so no

Im still waiting to get started on vanilla classic whenever i get the time and willpower.

I’ll play wotlk until dragon flight releases, then continue to play wotlk as I see how dragon flight goes, then I will assume (just my theory) that it won’t be worth buying it after the new expansion feel, then after wotlk I’ll be watching for riots mmo.

7+ Year Old Account
    i will be playing wrath instead of dragonflight. only reason im still subbed at all is for classic. SL was a huge disappointment for me. I always do the preorders and this also marks the first time in 17 years that i haven't preordered a new expansion and honestly have no desire to buy it at this time at all. now if when it hits my friends that still do retail on classic tell me its fun and engaging i may buy it then. but until it comes out and people are having fun with it im content to spend my 15 a month living in nostalgia playing a version of the game that makes me happy.
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post
    Same...I prefer to play something new or at least remastered in some form. WOTLK without LFG its not even worth the time and frustration to spam looking for groups

Nah, I already played it back when it originally came out, and it wont be able to replicate the original excitement I had doing the content for the first time, no point chasing a high that doesn't exist.

I'm waiting for fresh servers and plan to play old school DK. And yes I played the game back when it was released, doesn't stop me from going back and enjoy it again. I never really got this mind set because then you would never rewatch old and good movies either...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I'm waiting for fresh servers and plan to play old school DK. And yes I played the game back when it was released, doesn't stop me from going back and enjoy it again. I never really got this mind set because then you would never rewatch old and good movies either...
    This right here, the whole "i did this already", well we all listened to that one song since we were teenagers and here we are.

Im gonna jump right in and do my thing. I cant wait to sink my teeth in.

Nah because it doesn't have RDF, I went back to vanilla classic since they are taking away BC realms as well.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, because i played wotlk 10hours a day when it was new.
    That is not dead which can eternal lie, and with strange Aeons even Death may die.

Quote Originally Posted by Gourbaak View Post

If that's your thing, then fine. Perhaps you didn't like Wrath 12 years ago.

There is a odd consensus with some in the anti-Classic crowd that they don't see a purpose with playing an old game. How unfortunate it is to go through life without a desire to relive the classics -- to fire up the old NES or SNES to play Mario again. Or the PS1 for some classic Metal Gear Solid, or the N64 for Goldeneye or Zelda. Or re-live old TV shows and movies through boxed sets. I remember when the PS2 came out (and PS3), Sony made it a point to ensure all old games would still be backwards compatible with the newer consoles.

I don't know. It must suck to be so dead inside.
    Last edited by ablib; 2022-08-18 at 06:02 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Nope. Simple reason. No dung finder. Except that i do not like slow pace of leveling. Retail is excelent for me atm.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by czarek View Post
    Nope. Simple reason. No dung finder. Except that i do not like slow pace of leveling. Retail is excelent for me atm.
    here ya go:

the best dung finder on the planet.

will you play Wrath Classic now?

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    If that's your thing, then fine. Perhaps you didn't like Wrath 12 years ago.

There is a odd consensus with some in the anti-Classic crowd that they don't see a purpose with playing an old game. How unfortunate it is to go through life without a desire to relive the classics -- to fire up the old NES or SNES to play Mario again. Or the PS1 for some classic Metal Gear Solid, or the N64 for Goldeneye or Zelda. Or re-live old TV shows and movies through boxed sets. I remember when the PS2 came out (and PS3), Sony made it a point to ensure all old games would still be backwards compatible with the newer consoles.

I don't know. It must suck to be so dead inside.
    well i didn't play ocarina of time, mario 64 or watched a any tv show for 10 hours a day during 1,5 year.

And i'm perfectly alive inside, thanks for worrying.

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    i will be playing wrath instead of dragonflight. only reason im still subbed at all is for classic. SL was a huge disappointment for me. I always do the preorders and this also marks the first time in 17 years that i haven't preordered a new expansion and honestly have no desire to buy it at this time at all. now if when it hits my friends that still do retail on classic tell me its fun and engaging i may buy it then. but until it comes out and people are having fun with it im content to spend my 15 a month living in nostalgia playing a version of the game that makes me happy.
    Just a bit of advice, just because I know how this goes. Whatever you do and no matter what anyone says, wait a couple months until you buy it. Same thing happened to me but it was for BfA. I decided I’m not preordering or buying an expansion ever again until I know it’s good. BfA hit and all my friends were saying “buy it buy it buy it it’s so much fun now” told them I was waiting, waited a month after they said that and they all quit already. Saved me some money right there lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by big dps cock View Post
    Whats the plan people?, im really bored of shadowlands now, nothing to do, same old raids just higher ilvl loot but same bosses and mechanics.

Im planning to play wotlk until dragonflight releases in november, how about you?.
    Nope, I won't. I'll prepare my characters/banks for the next expansion, as well as roleplay.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    Like usual, I'll be doing a bit of both retail and Wrath.

Not sure if I'm supposed to change my mind based on someone else being bored. Not how it works really.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."