Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Neuroticaine View Post
    I think the BFA hate might mostly be a forums thng
    Most hate is just a forums thing. People who enjoy stay and play. Those who come out here to whine about it are often just too picky and entitled. Every expac has a less than stellar moment for someone, but since we ALL have a different perspective, what sucked for them might be great for me, and vice versa. Honestly, as long as flying is unlocked, every expac is a great expac cause now I can skip to the stuff I want to do, and not all the other stuff I have to do just to unlock flight My list would look something like:

Classic: Farming shards is horshit!
    TBC: Why do I need rep just to run heroics?
    Wrath: Man, fuck that troll zone and just bring on Arthas already
    Cata: Deathwing is about to roll..... DAMNIT
    Pandaria: Thanks for fucking up the Vale Garrosh, and too many damn dailies and reps.
    WoD: Everything.... just everything
    Legion: Borrowed power... again. So tired of farming powers
    BfA: Well, this necklace sure has a lot of borrowed power. Feels familiar
    Shadowlands: So no flying in Oribos or Korthia, and the only way to Oribos is a portal or a long ass flight

Now, from that list, someone somewhere will have nothing but positive comments for everything I disliked. It's just how things work.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    You speak for yourself.

I'm an altoholic. I don't really care about endgame progression in comparison.
    Smart move.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Drustvar and Stormsong, the storyline in both zones were surprisingly good. On the Horde side I liked Nazmir's plot line but didn't care at all for the zone, I liked Vol'dun as a zone but didn't care for the storyline. The other zones were meh.
    "I can no longer sit back and allow Communist infiltration, Communist indoctrination, Communist subversion and the international Communist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious bodily fluids. "
    -
    General Jack D. Ripper.

I found it a lot more entertaining to get through KT than Zandalar. I never did finish it on my horde alts.

But Drustvar was perfect, and Jaina's storyline was outstanding.

Too bad 8.1 onward kind of shit the bed storywise, at least for me. But as much as I enjoyed the zone storylines, I couldn't enjoy the war campaign storyline at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    I found it a lot more entertaining to get through KT than Zandalar. I never did finish it on my horde alts.
    Alliance definitely got the better end of zones and story in BFA. Coming out of Argus, I found both Zuldazar and Voldun to be hideously boring and terrible, questing through those zones nearly made me quit. I did enjoy Nazmir, probably as much or more than Tiragarde and Stormsong anyway, but even it was nothing compared to Drustvar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    Most hate is just a forums thing. People who enjoy stay and play. Those who come out here to whine about it are often just too picky and entitled. Every expac has a less than stellar moment for someone, but since we ALL have a different perspective, what sucked for them might be great for me, and vice versa. Honestly, as long as flying is unlocked, every expac is a great expac cause now I can skip to the stuff I want to do, and not all the other stuff I have to do just to unlock flight My list would look something like:

Classic: Farming shards is horshit!
    TBC: Why do I need rep just to run heroics?
    Wrath: Man, fuck that troll zone and just bring on Arthas already
    Cata: Deathwing is about to roll..... DAMNIT
    Pandaria: Thanks for fucking up the Vale Garrosh, and too many damn dailies and reps.
    WoD: Everything.... just everything
    Legion: Borrowed power... again. So tired of farming powers
    BfA: Well, this necklace sure has a lot of borrowed power. Feels familiar
    Shadowlands: So no flying in Oribos or Korthia, and the only way to Oribos is a portal or a long ass flight

Now, from that list, someone somewhere will have nothing but positive comments for everything I disliked. It's just how things work.
    You forgot one:

Wrath: why is that freaking frostwyrm so loud in the login screen
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    You forgot one:

Wrath: why is that freaking frostwyrm so loud in the login screen
    Yeah, and the one from TBC:

"The Reaver STILL gives me PTSD. GG BLIZZ!" lol
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

Best zone in bfa by far and one of the best in wow. Really felt sorry for horde after leveling an alt through horde side of bfa
    Mighty one, never forget.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    Darkshire would like a word with you.
    If anything, one of the things I liked the most about Drustvar is that it managed to recapture the atmosphere of good ol' Duskwood (one of my favourite zones since freaking Vanilla) and amplified it, so to speak.

It also made for a neat introduction to the whole witches/Drust storyline - in fact, with all the references to Thros scattered all over the zone I'm frankly amazed at that story having effectively no followup during SL. Especially when there is an entire zone heavily featuring the Drust.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Godric View Post
    Best zone in bfa by far and one of the best in wow. Really felt sorry for horde after leveling an alt through horde side of bfa
    As a Horde main, I am more or less OK with Nazmir, but Vol'dun and especially Zuldazar were mortally boring. At least the former had a certain charm, even if the temple part was hideously ugly.

Drustvar is possibly my 2nd favorite zone ever, with only Suramar scoring higher.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    It's obvious they did their homework with the zone's design and storylines. I can see where the inspiration for a LOT of stuff came from. Well played.

I know it's a soon to be two expansions-old zone but like I said, I'm going through it for the very first time (I did Tiragarde Sound first, will do Stormsong Valley third).

I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to skip story content I haven't done yet. I haven't done Zandalar yet either and I plan to do that and unlock the BFA-era Allied Races before I move on to doing Shadowlands (I unlike the Legion-era Allied Races over the last two months). I'm in no hurry. Kul Tiras first though =P
    BFA in general was a top notch expansion, no clue where the hate came from really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Drustvar is really cool. Not just story but also themes and aesthetics. The dungeon is easily one of my favorites. I just have so many frustrations when it comes to that story and it's lore with how SL touches on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Alliance definitely got the better end of zones and story in BFA. Coming out of Argus, I found both Zuldazar and Voldun to be hideously boring and terrible, questing through those zones nearly made me quit. I did enjoy Nazmir, probably as much or more than Tiragarde and Stormsong anyway, but even it was nothing compared to Drustvar.
    I tend to agree, although in pre-game hype lots of people expected Horde zones to be awesome and there was genuine concern the Alliance developers were mailing it in. I guess the alpha and beta don't reveal the whole story, and it was wrong to judge by appearances. The stories were better in Alliance zones, imho.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    [QUOTE=Brewmaster Kolee;53901542]the alpha and beta don't reveal the whole story/QUOTE]

Correct and this is exactly why people who see what's in Alpha/Beta shouldn't assume Blizz isn't still actively working on the expansion in real time. Blizz knows how to miultitask. LOL.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D