Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Patch 9.2.7 Hotfixes - August 16, 2022, Auction House Temporarily Closed

9.2.7 Auction House is Temporarily Closed
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    We’ve got a critical bug with the Auction House in 9.2.7, and we’ve closed the AH while we investigate and hopefully fix it.

We’ll track this issue closely and provide any further updates as soon as we have them.

Update 6:45 p.m. PDT
    We were able to determine the cause of the issue and create a fix for it.
    We don’t yet have an ETA on re-opening the Auction House.
    Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Update 8:30 p.m. PDT
    We’re very close to finished with the part of the fix that required we keep the AH closed. The AH should open up on all realms in the next few minutes.

As we take further steps to return player accounts to their previous condition, a very small number of players will be locked out of their characters for an additional time. We’ll return them to availability as quickly as possible.

Again, we thank you for your patience.

WoW Hotfixes - Updated 16 August
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Dungeons and Raids
    • Mythic+
      • Grimrail Depot
        • Skylord Tovra
          • Rakun’s Diffused Energy zone positions have been adjusted, but also now show a warning visual at their location prior to becoming dangerous.
          • Spinning Spear is now correctly assigned the Stun mechanic, allowing the loss of control UI to function correctly.

Items and Rewards
    • Increased the vendor cost of Penumbra Thread to 11 gold (was 9 gold).
      • Developers’ note: This price change is to balance the decreased cost of reagents with the change to a regional commodity Auction House.

Player versus Player
    • The Conquest cap has been removed.
    • Spoils of War 25% Conquest and 40% Honor increased buff is now available until Shadowlands Season 4 ends.

Burning Crusade Classic
    • Fixed an issue that prevented the PvP leaderboards from updating as expected.
    Last edited by Lumy; 2022-08-17 at 04:48 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    AH closed :O This gives me New World vibes, though I doubt Blizzard would be as incompetent as AGS to have it happen multiple times, for days on end ;D

For christ's sake the shadowlands thread was already stupidly expensive why would they raise it for such a dumb reason.

Ooh looking forward to seeing what it was

"Increased the vendor cost of Penumbra Thread to 11 gold (was 9 gold)."

Noice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    AH closed :O This gives me New World vibes, though I doubt Blizzard would be as incompetent as AGS to have it happen multiple times, for days on end ;D
    Not just days on end, but openly tell everyone what the exploit was, and how people were doing it, BEFORE fixing the issue or bringing the game down. In an MMO based almost entirely on the in game economy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Auction House Broke?

*Insert Shocked Pikachu meme here*

- - - Updated - - -

Kek

I actually can see what the issue is in that screen shot, it's a number cap that got reached, and it can't go higher than that value there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Auction House Broke?

*Insert Shocked Pikachu meme here*

- - - Updated - - -

Kek
    Yeah, that’s 2^32
    Druid since Feb. 06

When Blood DK nerf?

Blizz enjoys being a sociopathic piece of shit company that promotes a patch with features but then launches the patch without the feature. I can't even remember the last time a patch was delivered as promised. Maybe as far back as WoD. Stop giving this shitty company your money.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    Blizz enjoys being a sociopathic piece of shit company that promotes a patch with features but then launches the patch without the feature. I can't even remember the last time a patch was delivered as promised. Maybe as far back as WoD. Stop giving this shitty company your money.
    Jesus dude, the AH was down for only 2 hours. Are you okay?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeJuice View Post
    You should go take your meds.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazzic518 View Post
    You should go take your meds.
    Lol all of your posts are of bitching, and you tell him to take meds.

Classic Blizzard. Breaking something with every new patch

It shouldn't have even been down 1 minute. this game isn't free so this type of shit is a waste of people's money.

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    I actually can see what the issue is in that screen shot, it's a number cap that got reached, and it can't go higher than that value there.
    32 bit client was last used in what, warlords?

Quote Originally Posted by tomten View Post
    32 bit client was last used in what, warlords?
    Mop i think

Quote Originally Posted by Armael View Post
    except that is not the case as WoW has been 64 bit for years

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    except that is not the case as WoW has been 64 bit for years
    Except you're wrong; https://www.wowhead.com/news/updated...28379#comments

quote from a few comments below this one:

Could be there was none to buy 4,294,967,295 highest 32 bit unsigned number.
    Now lets say there was 20 of an item up and 3 people tried to buy 22 of them at the same time and they " did" buy them. We now have -46 or 4,294,967,249
    So, it is definitely a 32 bit cap issue, someone literally said they couldn't post their auction. We may be 64 bit on the client side, but on the server side where the AH data is stored, and what is tracking how many of an item there is, it is(or was if blizzard fixed it) perhaps a 32 bit cap issue.