Page 13 of 54 FirstFirst ...
3
11
12
13
14
15
23
... LastLast
  1. #241
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Wait, you have it spelled differently in your country? Damn, I hate when they do this... I remember reading LotR and Gollum was spelled as Gloch.

    When I read nowadays, I always try to get the books in english. Sometimes the bad translations are super obvious to me.
    Well, if Gollum actually had a glock things would have gone way differently.

  2. #242
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Wait, you have it spelled differently in your country? Damn, I hate when they do this... I remember reading LotR and Gollum was spelled as Gloch.

    When I read nowadays, I always try to get the books in english. Sometimes the bad translations are super obvious to me.
    Yes, it is.
    Cyrillic spelling is obviously different

  3. #243
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Dude, it's spelled Rhaenyra.
    That's your problem with the post, the spelling? XD

  4. #244
    Pit Lord RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    2,435
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Yes, it is.
    Cyrillic spelling is obviously different
    Ah, I see. Meant no harm.

    Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That's your problem with the post, the spelling? XD
    Problem with misspelling a name is you could be talking about a completely different person.

    I had no issue with the post, everybody is entitled to their opinions and I am in no position to judge.

  5. #245
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    That takes multiple episodes and seasons to properly flesh out and you expected that in a 1 hour episode?
    Plenty of shows have pulled the viewer in immediately. This one did not.

    And after 4 episodes, I still don't really buy into any of these characters. The show is being carried by legacy rather than its own merit.

  6. #246
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Ah, I see. Meant no harm.
    Tis okay

    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I had no issue with the post, everybody is entitled to their opinions and I am in no position to judge.
    I cannot stress enough how thankful I am that you say that!
    Took a severe castigation the other day for having a different opinion in the She-Shrek thread.

  7. #247
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,532
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Plenty of shows have pulled the viewer in immediately. This one did not.

    And after 4 episodes, I still don't really buy into any of these characters. The show is being carried by legacy rather than its own merit.
    Seriously! For a show with the name dragon in the title, and a poster that advertises a huge dragon surrounded by the hundreds of swords of his slain enemies, you'd think that the show would be exciting! Like princes flying around on dragons or fighting sorcerers or castle sieges or big naval battles. Instead, we are four hours in and aside from 2 minutes of fighting rando bandits on a beach or a 10 second montage of knights killing each other, it's been people standing around talking in low, emotionless voices. If you were four hours into LotR film trilogy you would be watching Aragorn and friends defending Helm's Deep from 10,000 Uruk Hai by now, after having eluded nine dark riders, fought their way through an underground kingdom, fought a shadowy demon, and having another battle in a forest.

  8. #248
    The show is good in that it scratches the itch that GoT originally did. The politics and backstabbing is great, but the show's characters aren't interesting enough to carry that by itself. The king, Daemon, Corlys (who is barely in it) and Otto are the only interesting characters, maybe Alicient if I'm being generous. The rest of the cast isn't bad, but nothing to write home about. And none of the previously mentioned characters reach the heights of Tyrion, Bronn, The Hound, Cersei / Jamie, Tywin, Ned Stark, Littlefinger, Varis, etc.

    Also, the show has a severe lack of diversity when it comes to locations. Seriously, how many scenes do we need in the king's /council's chambers? Probably the worst part about the show - it's very insular around the Targaryans and nobody else and they're just not interesting enough to carry the show by itself. Which leaves us with what? The crab guy who ended up going nowhere? Criston Cole? An off-brand Jaime Lannister?
    Last edited by infinitemeridian; 2022-09-17 at 02:52 AM.

  9. #249
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Really liked the 4th episode.
    All that character development Reinira took was not in vain: she finally managed to become a strong, independent slut, and a cheap liar to boot.
    just curious,would you consider the men in the show to also be sluts?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Seriously! For a show with the name dragon in the title, and a poster that advertises a huge dragon surrounded by the hundreds of swords of his slain enemies, you'd think that the show would be exciting! Like princes flying around on dragons or fighting sorcerers or castle sieges or big naval battles. Instead, we are four hours in and aside from 2 minutes of fighting rando bandits on a beach or a 10 second montage of knights killing each other, it's been people standing around talking in low, emotionless voices. If you were four hours into LotR film trilogy you would be watching Aragorn and friends defending Helm's Deep from 10,000 Uruk Hai by now, after having eluded nine dark riders, fought their way through an underground kingdom, fought a shadowy demon, and having another battle in a forest.
    i always found that got was at its best when the talking was happening,but dont worry about dragon figths,there are around 20 ish dragons in this timeline and by the end there will be 4

  10. #250
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    Probably the worst part about the show - it's very insular around the Targaryans and nobody else and they're just not interesting enough to carry the show by itself. Which leaves us with what? The crab guy who ended up going nowhere? Criston Cole? An off-brand Jaime Lannister?
    I mean, the show is about Targaryen’s… you know, House of the Dragon? Of course it’s going to be primarily about Targaryens. And I’d argue that Cole is nothing like Jamie Lannister. Just cause they’re wearing the same armor, doesn’t mean their characters are similar.
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

  11. #251
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Seriously! For a show with the name dragon in the title, and a poster that advertises a huge dragon surrounded by the hundreds of swords of his slain enemies, you'd think that the show would be exciting! Like princes flying around on dragons or fighting sorcerers or castle sieges or big naval battles. Instead, we are four hours in and aside from 2 minutes of fighting rando bandits on a beach or a 10 second montage of knights killing each other, it's been people standing around talking in low, emotionless voices. If you were four hours into LotR film trilogy you would be watching Aragorn and friends defending Helm's Deep from 10,000 Uruk Hai by now, after having eluded nine dark riders, fought their way through an underground kingdom, fought a shadowy demon, and having another battle in a forest.
    I don't mind the relatively sparse fighting. The scope of this show is quite narrow, which isn't a bad thing.... but in general the fewer characters in a show, the better all of them need to be to carry the story along, and this is one place where HotD is falling short for me.

    GoT by comparison told a much more complex story from way more viewpoints, so even if down to a man the acting wasn't any better (which in some cases it wasn't), the delivery was much more effective.

  12. #252
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,734

  13. #253
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    just curious,would you consider the men in the show to also be sluts?
    Daemon certainly does cut it as a slutmaker - I mean, just look at Rhaenyra and her apotheosis as one in episode 4.

  14. #254
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Daemon certainly does cut it as a slutmaker - I mean, just look at Rhaenyra and her apotheosis as one in episode 4.
    How is that in any way a reply to my question?

  15. #255
    Quote Originally Posted by infinitemeridian View Post
    The show is good in that it scratches the itch that GoT originally did. The politics and backstabbing is great, but the show's characters aren't interesting enough to carry that by itself. The king, Daemon, Corlys (who is barely in it) and Otto are the only interesting characters, maybe Alicient if I'm being generous. The rest of the cast isn't bad, but nothing to write home about. And none of the previously mentioned characters reach the heights of Tyrion, Bronn, The Hound, Cersei / Jamie, Tywin, Ned Stark, Littlefinger, Varis, etc.

    Also, the show has a severe lack of diversity when it comes to locations. Seriously, how many scenes do we need in the king's /council's chambers? Probably the worst part about the show - it's very insular around the Targaryans and nobody else and they're just not interesting enough to carry the show by itself. Which leaves us with what? The crab guy who ended up going nowhere? Criston Cole? An off-brand Jaime Lannister?
    Probably will see more locations in the future. The first season appears very much intent on establishing Rhaenyra as a character and the basis for the coming civil war. Once they do a time skip and actually focus on the war itself I imagine you will see a lot more of Westoros involved.

    I think the show is really good so far. Considering its based on a fraction of the source material that GoT was its promising so far. I think the most risky thing will be when they switch actors for the older versions of Rhaenyra and Alicent.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-09-17 at 08:45 PM.

  16. #256
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    How is that in any way a reply to my question?
    By way of answering your question with a practical description with Daemon serving as an example.

  17. #257
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    By way of answering your question with a practical description with Daemon serving as an example.
    Ok thats fine,but do you mind actualy responding to the question i asked?or would your sexism be made to obvious by the reply?

  18. #258
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    Ok thats fine,but do you mind actualy responding to the question i asked?or would your sexism be made to obvious by the reply?
    I didn't mind answering in the original response to your question.
    Daemon is certainly a slutmaker - just a few touches by him made Rhaenyra finally evolve into a proper slut, capitalizing on all the development she received in previous episodes.

  19. #259
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    I didn't mind answering in the original response to your question.
    Daemon is certainly a slutmaker - just a few touches by him made Rhaenyra finally evolve into a proper slut, capitalizing on all the development she received in previous episodes.
    Gotcha,so sexist it is,a chick has sex once and shes a slut,a dude has one every other day and they are a chad

  20. #260
    Quote Originally Posted by deenman View Post
    How is that in any way a reply to my question?
    He isn't interested in replying in good faith. He's just here to make this thread as unusable as the She-Hulk thread is.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •