Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Episode 5 is the best so far IMO. Decent amount of tension the whole way through. Alicente's naivety is gone and the real game of thrones is underway. Larys is great, slimy as fuck. The quality of the acting is very good, as are the visuals, costumes and music. The show continues to deviate from the source material but nothing too egregious. Bummed that I have to wait a week for the next episode.

I liked Larys Strong playing the game. Shifty little bastard lol. His brother is great too, punching his way through the crowd.

Wow this was the best episode so far. Larys becoming the cunning cunt. Alicent bringing war during that speech. Ser Christan almost committing seppuku.

ser Criston isn't the brightest candle in the candelabra, he actually thought she'd gonna be poor with him. Also note to self: always wait for the accusation before confessing anything.

As others have said, best so far.
    The tension throughout the reception...god damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    ser Criston isn't the brightest candle in the candelabra, he actually thought she'd gonna be poor with him. Also note to self: always wait for the accusation before confessing anything.
    To be honest I feel like writing stupidity isn't all that different than writing intelligence.

A character can feel dumb because its forced, or they can feel dumb because the writers clearly fail at writing them correctly. But Ser Criston I feel feels rather natural. He's not a guy for plots and schemes and navigating politicial courts. He's wrapped up in codes of honor, and feels like he's betraying the core of his being. He's a knight that's good at fighting things, and that's what Rhaenyra picked him for.

If she had picked one of the more 'politicial' choices like her advisors urged her too, he likely would have been better at dealing with this situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Yeah, I really need a youtuber to explain me what I've seen with my own eyes
    Clearly because you seem to have a very hard time understanding very basic common knowledge put together? So stop acting arrogant and admit you're lesser and need help, its okay.
    Thanos should have won..

#NotMyEnding
    #ThanosWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Xofa View Post
    Clearly because you seem to have a very hard time understanding very basic common knowledge put together? So stop acting arrogant and admit you're lesser and need help, its okay.
    Haha okay then, sorry I insulted your fav channel. But put your money where your mouth is, name an example.
    Last edited by Hansworst; 2022-09-19 at 05:52 PM.

Cole is such a dumbass peasant...

Still amazed this show came off the heels of the GOT season 8. Amazing episode.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

There were so many Red Wedding vibes I was just waiting for shit to happen, gotta say I didn't expect that end result.

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    , or they can feel dumb because the writers clearly fail at writing them correctly. But Ser Criston I feel feels rather natural.
    Yeah, I didn't mean dumb writing, just the guy was stupid. Behaviour was in character.

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    There were so many Red Wedding vibes I was just waiting for shit to happen, gotta say I didn't expect that end result.

I liked Larys Strong playing the game. Shifty little bastard lol. His brother is great too, punching his way through the crowd.
    I think his father is playing a very subtle and long game too. Who he reccomended for Rhaenyra to wed? Laenor Velaryon, who might not impregnate her (due to him being homosexual, and it seems to be a badly kept secret). And see how he subtly sends his very attractive son to rescue rhaenyra during the chaos of the wedding. Almost as if he wants her to trust him so he can become her guard (eventually getting her pregnant and having his blood sit on the iron throne)

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Still amazed this show came off the heels of the GOT season 8. Amazing episode.
    Different show runners make a big difference. All the elements to make good GOT in later seasons were there, its just D&D decided they didn't want to be in charge of a massive success anymore.

Classic tale of a guy not being able to handle being rejected by a woman...
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Classic tale of a guy not being able to handle being rejected by a woman...
    Not sure where that's coming from, it's not like it was her that he beat up. It was the dude who was pretty much just mocking him about the situation and - by association - his vows and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Not sure where that's coming from, it's not like it was her that he beat up. It was the dude who was pretty much just mocking him about the situation and - by association - his vows and whatnot.
    You'll find out why...
    Fairy tales are more than true–not because they tell us dragons exist, but because they tell us dragons can be beaten. -G. K. Chesterton & Neil Gaiman

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You'll find out why...
    Well, if you're inferring some plot that he and Alicent hatch later, then hey...I suppose it's also a classic tale of a woman being mad that her bestie left her out of the gossip.

Someone once said: love is the death of duty. Seems to resonate very well with our crispy knight.

Just want to know, so they didn't feast for 7 days before the wedding, it just happened right after the *event* ? The master of Coin will be happy they cut the costs!
    Last edited by Mhyroth; 2022-09-19 at 08:55 PM.
    2008 - 2018 World of Warcraft.
    Times change.

Well to be fair, she literally tells him that she envies normal girls and just wants to be able to marry however she wants when they are in the Kingswood.

But I would agree he's not the brightest. He basically confided in Alicent having no idea what she would do with that information. He just got lucky or perhaps unlucky depending on how far she's willing to hang it over his head.