Page 2 of 53 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It was ok I guess. But I feel that 'the secret' that's passed on to Rhaenyra is wrecked by the GoT ending.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Oddly enough, I despised GoT from like s6 onwards, but I'm fairly on board with this one for now.
    Well its not a shocker. I suspect it will be good television. This one will benefit a lot from not having to subvert expectations all the time because it has to end up where its suppose to. Which I think is a good thing. Makes it harder to do the off the rails looney business they got into towards the end of the last show. Not impossible. But harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorshen View Post
    It was ok I guess. But I feel that 'the secret' that's passed on to Rhaenyra is wrecked by the GoT ending.
    Less wrecked and more.. underwhelming. Because its this like generation after generation secret that they have to solve this great problem and its like.. oh.. we took care of that one night. Hardly an inconvenience.

Its was okay. Not amazing. I guess we will see how the series pans out.
    Last edited by Khaza-R; 2022-08-22 at 03:15 AM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Did you also feel this way when the guy had his balls sliced off and shown to us… or is a medieval c-section where the line is drawn for being "too shocking".
    What was odd, is that they at hand had this n that person for this n that crime, they just rounded up a bunch of people n went judge dredd on them as if they had just done their crimes on the spot n got caught red handed n the goldcloaks knew the caught the right person. It all felt too rushed, to shock the audience n didn't feel very practical or realistic...

It's not about violence, I expect it, but if it's packed every episode, it looses its impact for when it should matter.l

But then again, the old books, were really thick of story n dialogue...this work (ice n fire book) is not..

Also, one can use the gold cloaks have them do something off-screen, then do an explanation that improves on a character n adds a little humour too..

Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-08-22 at 05:14 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I liked it. Reminds of the early seasons of GOT, something I forgot with the last seasons...

Resident Cosplay Progressive

I quite enjoyed the first episode as well. Really digging a lot of the armor concepts and design. Daemon's jousting armor as well as that one other Hightower knight looked especially badass.

It was going SO great until... that fucking dream retcon.

''He called this dream ''The Song of Ice and Fire'' - fucking really? Fucking really, man?
    Fucking shit in the ass cunt. God damn it. I have such a sour taste in my mouth now.

- - - Updated - - -

I am surprised they didn't have a line that went something like ''I am tired of these Game of Thrones™!''.

It was never really a retcon. Theories have been floating around since before the show about it. Talking before GOT the show even.

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

''He called this dream ''The Song of Ice and Fire'' - fucking really? Fucking really, man?
    Fucking shit in the ass cunt. God damn it. I have such a sour taste in my mouth now.

- - - Updated - - -

I am surprised they didn't have a line that went something like ''I am tired of these Game of Thrones™!''.
    It's morbin time.
    The absolute state of Warcraft lore in 2021:
    Kyrians: We need to keep chucking people into the Maw because it's our job.
    Also Kyrians: Why is the Maw growing stronger despite all our efforts?

I liked the first ep, though I do feel like the small council could improve their security a little bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    The birthing scene, I feel they showed so much just to be shocking, it was not necessary, less is more

Daemon n the other knights did enough too.
    No, that part was great. Too many people forget how horrible the birthbed could be 400 years ago, it's good that the series does show it for once.

Loved the first episode, especially the part about the "Song of Ice and Fire". It almost felt like "Chewie, we are home" for me haha.

- - - Updated - - -

We can only hope that the "Jon Snow" show can repair that shitty ending and bring us the "Prince who was promised" on the throne ...

#TEAMGIRAFFE

Quote Originally Posted by Voidwielder View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Cersei literally says Game of Thrones in the first book/season, not sure why this is such a breaking point now.

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I liked it. Reminds of the early seasons of GOT, something I forgot with the last seasons...
    That's how I felt. I'm cautiously optimistic but I enjoyed the first episode.

I thought it was decent. It sets up plenty of intrigue and political/power shenanigans as you'd expect. Maybe I'm becoming prudish as I get older but I roll my eyes at some of these sex scenes now, the sound of Matt Smith clapping cheeks is something I'd prefer not to experience again. I thought the show lacked levity, it really needs a bit of comic relief to puncture the seriousness occasionally but it's still early days. Based on just this episode I'm optimistic about the rest of the season.

It was a decent GoT episode, but I feel like it didn't do as good a job setting up things as the first episode of GoT.

I feel like i've seen just about everything in this show before. You don't get the equivalent of the jaime and circe reveal, and bran's punting. The main political feud seems fairly straight forward. Daemon's our new Jauffre or Bolton.

Its GoT, but with none of your favorite characters, and more white hair and dragons.

Its possibe it'll improve. I'm not saying the episode was bad. I enjoyed the episode. But I don't feel the interest in what happens next, as it feels pretty obvious as the moment.

'the secret' was clearly not passed on to old Bobby Baratheon when he snatched the Iron Throne

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    'the secret' was clearly not passed on to old Bobby Baratheon when he snatched the Iron Throne
    Nor was it passed to Viserys or Daenerys. Maybe Rhaegar took it to his grave.

The secret is pretty funny when the white walkers were defeated in like their first major battle. That's not this show's fault though.

Quote Originally Posted by gamz247 View Post
    Nor was it passed to Viserys or Daenerys. Maybe Rhaegar took it to his grave.
    Given how it was only told to Rhaenarys (sp?) when she was dubbed heir, its likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    Well its not a shocker. I suspect it will be good television. This one will benefit a lot from not having to subvert expectations all the time because it has to end up where its suppose to. Which I think is a good thing. Makes it harder to do the off the rails looney business they got into towards the end of the last show. Not impossible. But harder.
    GoT ended where it was supposed to. DnD were hired because they correctly surmised the ending.

The problem was they got lazy as fuck getting there or HBO wouldn't let them tell it correctly or both.