Page 31 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    Then he gets his eyeball slashed out, and his father cares more about who called his nephews bastards rather than the fact that he just permanently lost an eye. If one of your relatives cut out your own eye in a childhood brawl, I am 100% certain you would be angry and bitter - especially if your dad cared more about reputation and parentage of your nephews than your physical well-being. (Which shows a degree of hypocrisy, as they do not care about reputation, law, precedent, or tradition when it comes to naming your stepsister Queen, but suddenly care deeply when it calls the legitimacy of your nephews into question.)
    While there is certainly blame to be had on all sides...your characterization of Aemond here is just as twisted as the one you rail against. Aemond was about to brain his nephew with a stone in that "childhood brawl". The dragon should have gone to Laena's daughter.

Let's watch that scene again:

Aemond fucked around and found out.

Team Black vs Team Green is complicated when it comes to the actions of the adults... but the children? At this point, the worst that the team Black kids are guilty of is bullying...which is cancelled out by the bullying of team Green. Meanwhile on team green you have the rapist and the attempted murderer. Yeah, Luke maimed Aemond...but he was defending his brother and his cousins.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-16 at 04:36 AM.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Yeah, Luke maimed Aemond...but he was defending his brother and his cousins.
    And as is shown clearly in that video you posted, the Velaryon kids attacked Aemond first, all because they were salty that Aemond was found worthy to claim Vhagar. The fight was started by the Strong and the Velaryon kids, and Aemond was maimed for life after being attacked and ganged on by his nephews.

Does a kid deserve to be maimed for life just because they pointed out a fact (that he was a chosen worthy to claim Vhagar) and acted smug about it?

The poster you replied to is 100% correct in pointing out that Viserys is a fucking terrible dad to his kids with Alicent. Aemond was literally maimed for life, his face was mutilated horribly, and all Viserys cared about was defending the reputation of Rhaenyra's kids.

Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    And as is shown clearly in that video you posted, the Velaryon kids attacked Aemond first, all because they were salty that Aemond was found worthy to claim Vhagar. The fight was started by the Strong and the Velaryon kids, and Aemond was maimed for life after being attacked and ganged on by his nephews.

Does a kid deserve to be maimed for life just because they pointed out a fact (that he was a chosen worthy to claim Vhagar) and acted smug about it?

The poster you replied to is 100% correct in pointing out that Viserys is a fucking terrible dad to his kids with Alicent. Aemond was literally maimed for life, his face was mutilated horribly, and all Viserys cared about was defending the reputation of Rhaenyra's kids.
    To be fair Ewan Mitchell is rocking that eye-patch really well though.
    Error 404 - Signature not found

7+ Year Old Account
    While there is certainly blame to be had on all sides...your characterization of Aemond here is just as twisted as the one you rail against. Aemond was about to brain his nephew with a stone in that "childhood brawl". The dragon should have gone to Laena's daughter.

Let's watch that scene again:

Aemond fucked around and found out.

Team Black vs Team Green is complicated when it comes to the actions of the adults... but the children? At this point, the worst that the team Black kids are guilty of is bullying...which is cancelled out by the bullying of team Green. Meanwhile on team green you have the rapist and the attempted murderer. Yeah, Luke maimed Aemond...but he was defending his brother and his cousins.
    He threats to do it, so they would stop, he was not going to actually open up their heads, you are forgetting it was four against one, and he use as a weapon to defend himself, you could even see him holding back, and even if he did bonk then, it was not even close to pulling out a blade in an attempt to take blood.

I think people already forgot how Daemon maimed his own wife and killed her later

This Vaemond character, along with other side characters, was barely even introduced, so when they die there isn't any impact. Seems like the show is trying hard to create shocking Red Wedding type of moments, but that doesn't really work when you don't care about the random nobodies being killed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deepr View Post
    This Vaemond character, along with other side characters, was barely even introduced, so when they die there isn't any impact. Seems like the show is trying hard to create shocking Red Wedding type of moments, but that doesn't really work when you don't care about the random nobodies being killed.
    To be honest, I think both Vaemond and Joffrey were pretty much throwaway characters just to build their respective killers.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    He threats to do it, so they would stop, he was not going to actually open up their heads, you are forgetting it was four against one, and he use as a weapon to defend himself, you could even see him holding back, and even if he did bonk then, it was not even close to pulling out a blade in an attempt to take blood.
    Oh yeah. 4v1...let's just forget that they're all much smaller than him. He wasn't "holding back" he was savouring the moment. At no point does he try to de-escalate the situation. When the guy who threatens to kill you is holding a rock up to bash your skull in...you're entitled to defend yourself...even if that means taking his eye.

I think people already forgot how Daemon maimed his own wife and killed her later
    That has nothing to do with this situation.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Oh yeah. 4v1...let's just forget that they're all much smaller than him. He wasn't "holding back" he was savouring the moment. At no point does he try to de-escalate the situation. When the guy who threatens to kill you is holding a rock up to bash your skull in...you're entitled to defend yourself...even if that means taking his eye.
    Strange definition of self defense you got there. Quick question: who threw the first punch and started the violence? They had him pinned down to the ground and punched him 4v1 before he took up the stone.

Yeah, he could have done without the death threats but the kids could have kept talking instead of escalating just the same. As with Vaemond another case of "fuck around and find out".

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Strange definition of self defense you got there. Quick question: who threw the first punch and started the violence? They had him pinned down to the ground and punched him 4v1 before he took up the stone.

Yeah, he could have done without the death threats but the kids could have kept talking instead of escalating just the same. As with Vaemond another case of "fuck around and find out".
    Not that strange. He may have been "defending" himself at the beginning (against children much smaller than him...two of them girls)...but he escalated the violence. Death threats (especially when wielding a weapon) brings it up from a "childhood brawl" as it was described earlier into something else. You can't claim self-defence when your attacker is no longer a threat. When Aemond lost his eye...he was preparing to bash his nephew's head in with a rock. That made the brothers the ones acting in self-defense.

Did I ever tell you about the time I "heroically" defended myself from 4 children after I mocked the death of their mother (on the day of their mother's funeral), stole their inheritance, and mocked them for that as well? And, after I showed how much stronger I was...threatened to kill them with a rock in my hand? I sure was brave.

As with Vaemond another case of "fuck around and find out".
    And what was it that caused Vaemond to lose his head again? Oh yeah, he called Rhaenyra's Children Bastards...which, on top of threatening to murder the heir apparent of the seven kingdoms, is exactly what Aemond did. Daemon, you'll note, was not arrested for the "murder". So, by that logic, Aemond's lucky to have only lost an eye.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-16 at 07:58 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    They are not that much smaller, the girls were pretty much at his age or close, they started, they throw the first punch and they gang on him first.

The entire scene is he reacting to then, a boy push him, he pushes back, a girl punch him he punches back

Yes he try to deescalate, by threating then and not actually doing, "stop or i feed you to my dragon" its a kid trying to make then stop, he was not going to actually do that.

Again, he just threat to bash then with a stone someone who start the conflict,, he didn't do it, many times he had the opportunity and hold back. strong boys He were not defending they were attacking.

That has nothing to do with this situation.
    It was for people saying team black has done nothing that bad compared to team greens, I do like Daemon as a character, but he is vile and evil, people forgot because he was all cozy with his kids

Again, he just threat to bash then with a stone someone who start the conflict,, he didn't do it, many times he had the opportunity and hold back. strong boys He were not defending they were attacking.
    He wasn't just threatening...he was about to do it. Insults and Threats are not de-escalation. "You will die screaming in flames just as your father did" is not a de-escalation. Calling them bastards is not de-escalting. It's taunting.

They are not that much smaller, the girls were pretty much at his age or close, they started, they throw the first punch and they gang on him first.

The entire scene is he reacting to then, a boy push him, he pushes back, a girl punch him he punches back

Yes he try to deescalate, by threating then and not actually doing, "stop or i feed you to my dragon" its a kid trying to make then stop, he was not going to actually do that.

It was for people saying team black has done nothing that bad compared to team greens, I do like Daemon as a character, but he is vile and evil, people forgot because he was all cozy with his kids
    Lol what? Aemond started that entire conflict. He said those things because he wanted them to attack him. He wanted provocation to justify getting revenge against Strong boys. Its entirely in line with how his character operates in the future as well.

Pretending he's innocent in that scenario is just absurd. Lucerys would no less innocent either. Both of them likely wanted to use the even to create conflict. It just didn't end in Aemond's favor.

7+ Year Old Account
    He wasn't just threatening...he was about to do it.
    He just threatening, he didn't do it, again, many times he make the movement to do it and hold back, if he was going to do it, he had many opportunities, like literally when he was grabbing one.

Insults and Threats are not de-escalation. "You will die screaming in flames just as your father did" is not a de-escalation. Calling them bastards is not de-escalting. It's taunting
    word of a kid trying to be badass to someone to people who bully and look down him his life. He wanted to go on top, but yes, he could have killed everyone there if he wanted. But he didn't.

word of a kid trying to be badass to someone to people who bully and look down him his life. He wanted to go on top, but yes, he could have killed everyone there if he wanted. But he didn't.
    That's the opposite of de-escalation.

If you attack me, and in response to that attack I called your mother a whore...are you feeling "de-escalated"?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Lol what? Aemond started that entire conflict.
    The strong boy's and the girls who went toi where he was and they went physical, he was just saying shit to look cool, again, as payback for the bully he suffers through the years.

He said those things because he wanted them to attack him.
    No, he was a kid who finally got a dragon, THE dragon, and was done of getting shit from his nephews and cousins, in a contrast of how when they mock him with the pig he just shut up and took it. This time was different. Of course, he would be proud, of course he would try to act might, that is not reason to take his eye

Pretending he's innocent in that scenario is just absurd. Lucerys would no less innocent either. Both of them likely wanted to use the even to create conflict. It just didn't end in Aemond's favor.
    Yeah, he mocks then, after being bullied, while is wrong that is perfectly reasonable thing to do in his place, they start going physically, he only reacted to what was done to him in the scene, and then lost an eye

Yeah, he is not innocent of being a child who finally had the confident to push back and taunt then, but that is nowhere close to ganging up on him and taking out his eye.

- - - Updated - - -

That's the opposite of de-escalation.

If you attack me, and in response to that attack I called your mother a whore...are you feeling "de-escalated"?
    In his way he was trying to, "don't come near me or i feed you to my dragon" is obviously a kid trying to say just "don't come near me, stop bullying me"

You guys are putting waay to much weight on his actions like he was some vile mastermind lol, of course he is not innocent of taunting and mocking kids, but they did way worse and look for it.

In his way he was trying to, "don't come near me or i feed you to my dragon" is obviously a kid trying to say just "don't come near me, stop bullying me"
    they weren't Bullying him in that instance...he was bullying them.

You guys are putting waay to much weight on his actions like he was some vile mastermind lol, of course he is not innocent of taunting and mocking kids, but they did way worse and look for it.
    Nobody said anything about him being a mastermind. Just an evil little shit. They didn't do worse. He was going to kill them (or, at the very least, they had justifiable reason to believe he was about to kill him...which is all self-defence needs). They only maimed him.

You're the one reading into his actions to try and justify them.

De-escalating is "I don't want to fight you" not "I'll feed you to my dragon" and "You'll die screaming like your father did". It's also not threatening to bash someone's head in with a rock... that's actually the opposite of de-escalation...also known as escalation.

And again, do you think that calling someone's mother a whore is de-escalating a situation? Did it "de-escalate" the situation when Vaemond did it and Daemon cut his head off?
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2022-10-17 at 01:43 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    they weren't Bullying him in that instance...he was bullying them.
    in that stance yes, let's not pretend he was not bullied his life , again, just paying back.
    Nobody said anything about him being a mastermind. Just an evil little shit. They didn't do worse. He was going to kill them (or, at the very least, they had justifiable reason to believe he was about to kill him...which is all self-defence needs). They only maimed him.
    Lol, he was just a kid to say he was "evil little shit" just because he pushes back the people who bully him is rich.

And no, he was not going to kill then, he didn't even want to fight then and just react, in the same manner to what they did to him

No, they had no reasonable reason, when the girls back off he left then alone, (and he could have beat then even more for ganging on him), it would be the same for the strong boys

You're the one reading into his actions to try and justify them.
    Dude, you are trying to paint a bullied kid who finally had the confident to stand up on his own, who only react to punches thrown at him, evil and a murderer

Lol, he was just a kid to say he was "evil little shit" just because he pushes back the people who bully him is rich.

And no, he was not going to kill then, he didn't even want to fight then and just react, in the same manner to what they did to him
    He absolutely wanted to fight them. Someone who doesn't want to fight says "I don't want to fight you" not "You are going to die screaming in flames like your father did" and then taunts them about being bastards.

You still haven't answered the question...if you were to attack me and I called your mother a whore...am i de-escalating?

Dude, you are trying to paint a bullied kid who finally had the confident to stand up on his own, who only react to punches thrown at him, evil and a murderer
    Being bullied doesn't justify becoming a bully yourself. He was the one being a bully there...and not even to the ones that were bullying him. Those girls weren't part of the "pig dragon" incident. He stole their mother's dragon and when they called him on it he's not like "yeah, sorry...I didn't think about that" no...he's like "my dragon now bitches".

The foot fetish scene was so funny I couldn't concentrate on the rest of the show. I had tears coming down my face from laughing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinnobi View Post
    See, this is, in my opinion, an example of a poor reason to be "Team Black."
    Eyeball Paul is Otto Hightower. It's a reference to one of Rhys Ifans' classic roles in Kevin and Perry.

It was a good essay in defence of Aemond though, sorry it was for naught.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The foot fetish scene was so funny I couldn't concentrate on the rest of the show. I had tears coming down my face from laughing.
    Man loves what he doesn't have. In this case a foot that isn't deformed.

Can't believe Alicent gave up free feet like that tho.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.