Page 54 of 54 FirstFirst ...
4
44
52
53
54
  1. #1061
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Turns out, I was trolling when I shared a perfectly viable piece of news with you lot.


    Literally Harry Fahrenheit: 1984
    You were banned for sharing actual real news? That's pretty messed up. Not surprised, though.

  2. #1062
    You guys might want to cease with the talk of moderation.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  3. #1063
    The Lightbringer Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,570
    I understand the infraction, especially with the accompanying comment that went with it, and the post history of the subject.
    Last edited by Hansworst; 2022-11-29 at 07:59 PM.

  4. #1064
    Bloodsail Admiral
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    B'ham, AL
    Posts
    1,011
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes. The still for the child had misshapen, dragon-like features:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckb3ByXq...0-6048379fbf4e



    If he'll return, it will be for a "Somehow the Night King returned" twist.

    Otherwise, the Lord of Light was influencing the world only to prevent the Long Night. Everything about the Lord of Light, including the prophecy of Prince That Was Promised, was in relation to the Long Night.

    Since the screaming 15 years old ninja teen [allegedly/inb4 any twist] destroyed the Night King and prevented the Long Night, the storyline surrounding the Lord of Light and the prophecy is ended.
    Yeah, I've been hearing various 'rumors' here and there, since HoD hit and the "Lord of Light" prophecy started taking a 'main-seat' again in the plot (the King talking about it, making it an 'important point', etc.) that HBO, or the new shows-showrunners (or whomever 'they' are) - are trying to do a little "erase-redo" Of the ending finale of the original GoT series. And that bringing a 'new light' on this prophecy's importance in HoD is an indicator that there might be some rewriting of Westeros media-future going on. Whether that's in Jon's new series, or some other spinoff - or anything 'real' in the future, who knows.

    Just feels really 4th-wall-breaking-wierd to me to have the prophecy get mentioned repeatedly in HoD when we know (the viewers on HBO anyway) what a cluster-fuck-non-entity that entire prophecy ended up being to the "TV Westeros" Future timeline. Everytime they start talking about it I just want to go, "No he didn't. No it didn't. Actually, none of this prophecy went anywhere!"

    Whether the show-writers included this prophecy just because its how Martin wrote it, or because they are hoping someone might take up the future-torch and change how the 7th season went down in GoT "history" =D, don't know. Just seems an odd creative choice to get behind when in the HBO Timeline that Prophecy Means little to nothing. I"m sure it will matter more to Martin's GoT books if he ever finishes them; but in the "Show related only" Timeline, it would be less disruptive to maybe reword that prophecy so it fits the actual 'fulfillment' that happens in GoT Season 7 =D.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

  5. #1065
    Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Yeah, I've been hearing various 'rumors' here and there, since HoD hit and the "Lord of Light" prophecy started taking a 'main-seat' again in the plot (the King talking about it, making it an 'important point', etc.) that HBO, or the new shows-showrunners (or whomever 'they' are) - are trying to do a little "erase-redo" Of the ending finale of the original GoT series. And that bringing a 'new light' on this prophecy's importance in HoD is an indicator that there might be some rewriting of Westeros media-future going on. Whether that's in Jon's new series, or some other spinoff - or anything 'real' in the future, who knows.

    Just feels really 4th-wall-breaking-wierd to me to have the prophecy get mentioned repeatedly in HoD when we know (the viewers on HBO anyway) what a cluster-fuck-non-entity that entire prophecy ended up being to the "TV Westeros" Future timeline. Everytime they start talking about it I just want to go, "No he didn't. No it didn't. Actually, none of this prophecy went anywhere!"

    Whether the show-writers included this prophecy just because its how Martin wrote it, or because they are hoping someone might take up the future-torch and change how the 7th season went down in GoT "history" =D, don't know. Just seems an odd creative choice to get behind when in the HBO Timeline that Prophecy Means little to nothing. I"m sure it will matter more to Martin's GoT books if he ever finishes them; but in the "Show related only" Timeline, it would be less disruptive to maybe reword that prophecy so it fits the actual 'fulfillment' that happens in GoT Season 7 =D.

    Maybe they stopped the current long night but the cycle will continue and the others are just regaining strenght; and Snow will be about ending them for good? I mean, Jon was rezzed by the lord of light or whoever because he was meant to do something big before D&D kinda forgot

  6. #1066
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes. The still for the child had misshapen, dragon-like features:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckb3ByXq...0-6048379fbf4e



    If he'll return, it will be for a "Somehow the Night King returned" twist.

    Otherwise, the Lord of Light was influencing the world only to prevent the Long Night. Everything about the Lord of Light, including the prophecy of Prince That Was Promised, was in relation to the Long Night.

    Since the screaming 15 years old ninja teen [allegedly/inb4 any twist] destroyed the Night King and prevented the Long Night, the storyline surrounding the Lord of Light and the prophecy is ended.
    Mabye I just don’t remember but how does the LoL actually act to stop The long night at all? None of the people he acts though really contribute much to ending the night lord even John did next to nothing.

    If any thing it all seemed like a big troll by the Lol to fuck over Danny.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  7. #1067
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Mabye I just don’t remember but how does the LoL actually act to stop The long night at all? None of the people he acts though really contribute much to ending the night lord even John did next to nothing.

    If any thing it all seemed like a big troll by the Lol to fuck over Danny.
    You can't remember it because "A Dream of Spring" isn't released yet

  8. #1068
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Mabye I just don’t remember but how does the LoL actually act to stop The long night at all? None of the people he acts though really contribute much to ending the night lord even John did next to nothing.

    If any thing it all seemed like a big troll by the Lol to fuck over Danny.
    The Lord of Light brought Jon back to life. Jon might not have dealt the killing blow on the Night King, but he was still the one who gathered the combined host at Winterfell (which was stated to be the largest army ever gathered in history). In addition, he was the one who dismounted the Night King from Viserion, slowing him down significantly and buying enough time for the ninja teen to get to the Godswood before the NK killed Bran.

  9. #1069
    The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Land of moose and goose.
    Posts
    21,069
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    The Lord of Light brought Jon back to life. Jon might not have dealt the killing blow on the Night King, but he was still the one who gathered the combined host at Winterfell (which was stated to be the largest army ever gathered in history). In addition, he was the one who dismounted the Night King from Viserion, slowing him down significantly and buying enough time for the ninja teen to get to the Godswood before the NK killed Bran.
    Ah I suppose he did take out the dragon didn't he, and technically he is the one who got danny there as well.

    Still seems like alot of Lol agents were just kinda fucking around with his power for most of the show not really leading up to that.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

  10. #1070
    Free Food!?!?! Tziva's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Cretaceous Period
    Posts
    22,527
    Stop discussing moderation. It isn't allowed, and it's off-topic.

    If you want to appeal an infraction, the appropriate course is to PM a mod and request an appeal.


    for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

    TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

    | youtube | twitch | twitter |


  11. #1071
    The Insane Syegfryed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Darkshore, Killing Living and Dead elves
    Posts
    16,886
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    Yes. The still for the child had misshapen, dragon-like features:

    https://www.instagram.com/p/Ckb3ByXq...0-6048379fbf4e
    Haunting, wish they had put in the show

  12. #1072
    Banned Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,876
    uh, this is really late...


    House of the Dragon S1E10 Explained

    Alt Shift X
    11 minutes ago


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •