Page 7 of 54 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
8
9
17
... LastLast
  1. #121
    so cool episode 2

  2. #122
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,888
    Still not a single interesting character to root for...

    No tyrion, varys, john snow, daenerys, arya...


    While misscast "I'm of pure Valyrian blood!"
    Lord Velaryon is the only character to sympathize with so far.

    Daemeon is right, the king is a fool played by otto..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    As OP I'm okay with talking about it, as long as people use spoiler tags, ofcourse.
    What for? This is from a book that has been out for years, if people don't want to be "spoiled" then they shouldn't read a thread the day an episode comes out..
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-08-29 at 07:47 AM.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    Still not a single interesting character to root for...

    No tyrion, varys, john snow, daenerys, arya...


    While misscast "I'm of pure Valyrian blood!"
    Lord Velaryon is the only character to sympathize with so far.
    Rhaenyra is easy to support imo, even Daemon in a way flawed though he is. Velaryon also has a reasonable position but I like him less for being more of a schemer.

  4. #124
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Rhaenyra is easy to support imo, even Daemon in a way flawed though he is. Velaryon also has a reasonable position but I like him less for being more of a schemer.
    The king asked everyone about Velaryon's proposal, everyone agreed it was logical n best way forward for the realm, even Otto reluctantly did...
    I'd say Otto is the sneaky schemer #1

    Rhaenerya hasn't done much, well except the egg situation, but she isn't single minded like Daenerys...

    Daemeon can be interesting n grow on people down the line, so far he has sulked n killed some criminals, I want him to burn some crab people or something..

    Otto...way less charismstic than Tywin or Littlefinger..this show's characters are boring tbh..

  5. #125
    Criston Cole

    Also I do like Rhaenys

  6. #126
    Ep 2 was a little slow, but I still enjoyed it.

  7. #127
    Calling it now, in the end the Princess gets eaten by a dragon.

  8. #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    The king asked everyone about Velaryon's proposal, everyone agreed it was logical n best way forward for the realm, even Otto reluctantly did...
    I'd say Otto is the sneaky schemer #1

    Rhaenerya hasn't done much, well except the egg situation, but she isn't single minded like Daenerys...

    Daemeon can be interesting n grow on people down the line, so far he has sulked n killed some criminals, I want him to burn some crab people or something..

    Otto...way less charismstic than Tywin or Littlefinger..this show's characters are boring tbh..
    Well Daemon is a bit of a troll, but he actually took it on the chin when Cole got him back with the reminder, so I liked that. Otto clearly is 10x worse than Velaryon when it comes to scheming, but I was talking about people you could root for and I think Velaryon is a candidate for that while I struggle to see the same in Otto.
    I don't think anyone is as charismatic as Tywin was and he's not nearly as powerful either, so I think Otto leans more towards Littlefinger, although Littlefinger was better at hiding his moves. Velaryons proposal was obviously the most sensible one, but I call him a bit of a schemer because both in the previous episode and this one he hasn't been entirely straightforward in his support for proposals and his actions, and he went to Daemon right after the king chose differently from what he wanted.

    Rhaenyra of course hasn't done much yet no (we're only two episodes in) but I actually find her more likeable then Daenerys in some ways so far. She also has a nice dynamic with her uncle going on. The actress grew on me pretty quick and in some ways I regret they'll be replacing her with another to play her older self later on.

  9. #129
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,888
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Well Daemon is a bit of a troll, but he actually took it on the chin when Cole got him back with the reminder, so I liked that. Otto clearly is 10x worse than Velaryon when it comes to scheming, but I was talking about people you could root for and I think Velaryon is a candidate for that while I struggle to see the same in Otto.
    I don't think anyone is as charismatic as Tywin was and he's not nearly as powerful either, so I think Otto leans more towards Littlefinger, although Littlefinger was better at hiding his moves. Velaryons proposal was obviously the most sensible one, but I call him a bit of a schemer because both in the previous episode and this one he hasn't been entirely straightforward in his support for proposals and his actions, and he went to Daemon right after the king chose differently from what he wanted.

    Rhaenyra of course hasn't done much yet no (we're only two episodes in) but I actually find her more likeable then Daenerys in some ways so far. She also has a nice dynamic with her uncle going on. The actress grew on me pretty quick and in some ways I regret they'll be replacing her with another to play her older self later on.
    Lord Velaryon warned 1st episode what would happen, he was rudely dismissed, a valuable ally could loose his economic position. The trade is a benefit for all the realm but they don't care they can't think two steps ahead n otto only cares about himself..king is so desperste to maintain his father peace he is moved to inaction alienating a powerful ally..

    Then the crab people attack happens n they make clear things will somehow, by magic fix themselves by 'diplomacy' in such s fucked brutal medueval world...

    So Lord Velaryon is set to go bankrupt, then in front of the whole world he is humilated with the king choosing otto's daughter. Also with loosing his purse, he will also loose his standing n seat in the council.


    Basically loose almost everything.


    Now he proposes to act against the stepstones, only option he has left.


    Lord Lyonel had a frank conversation with the king, and even warned him not to spur lord Velaryon...yet the king did it anyway, put his personal wishes above the realm..reminds me of Robb Stark...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Calling it now, in the end the Princess gets eaten by a dragon.
    Was even mentioned in GoT by Joffrey, but when it happens in this show I expect some twitter folk to screech about it for a month..



    - - - Updated - - -

    ep.3 trailer

    Grayscale?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-08-30 at 05:05 AM.

  10. #130
    The Unstoppable Force Bakis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    24,406
    I was happy with ep1.
    I was happy++ with ep2.

    Question is, will corporate greed ruin it like GoT?
    They havent announched yet how many seasons the serie is supposed~ to be and I doubt it flew past them that having 723 seasons of which the latter half sucked dick as well as changing producers every now and then didnt turn out well for GoT.

    If they dont fall into that trap again we got a winner on our hands.
    I really, really, really hope they dont fuck this one up as hard as they did with GoT.
    Ukraine’s government has officially registered the Moskva cruiser wreck on the Black Sea bottom as a national underwater cultural heritage site.

  11. #131
    The Insane Val the Moofia Boss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Southern California
    Posts
    16,636
    I watched the first two episodes. The show is okay. The King and Damon have good actors. Everyone else is like watching paint dry.

    Biggest complaint is that the show isn't very aesthetically pleasing to watch, which is bad for a visual medium. For the night scene in the first episode where Damon raids the criminals, and other dimly lit interior scenes, it is just way, way too dark and nearly impossible to make out what is happening. And the show is very colorless, very desaturated. It looks very grey.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Actually, I take that back. The show isn't okay. It's very slow. We are two hours into the show and nothing has happened yet. Given that the show is an original story and doesn't have to stick to the script of a book, you'd think that they would have gotten to the big battles already, but nope.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-09-01 at 11:46 AM.

  12. #132

  13. #133
    Pit Lord RH92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Banská Bystrica, Slovakia
    Posts
    2,449
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Actually, I take that back. The show isn't okay. It's very slow. We are two hours into the show and nothing has happened yet. Given that the show is an original story and doesn't have to stick to the script of a book, you'd think that they would have gotten to the big battles already, but nope.
    This is straight up false dude, the show is based on second half of Fire & Blood.

    The show is covering rather big time skips at first and I love they are not rushing through it. Actually considering this complication, they are doing pretty good job at not making it confusing. All the small events that happened in first and second episode are critical basis for the core of a conflict to come.

    There will be a lot battles in future. I honestly find it weird you want big battles in a second episode of a first season. Like what the..?

  14. #134
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I was happy with ep1.
    I was happy++ with ep2.

    Question is, will corporate greed ruin it like GoT?
    They havent announched yet how many seasons the serie is supposed~ to be and I doubt it flew past them that having 723 seasons of which the latter half sucked dick as well as changing producers every now and then didnt turn out well for GoT.

    If they dont fall into that trap again we got a winner on our hands.
    I really, really, really hope they dont fuck this one up as hard as they did with GoT.
    It wasn't corporate greed that ruined GoT. It was incompetence. No one liked what D&D did with it. Not the actors, not Martin, not HBO. Both Martin and HBO thought they should've had more seasons. The actors didn't like it and even disagreed with the writing choices.

  15. #135
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I watched the first two episodes. The show is okay. The King and Damon have good actors. Everyone else is like watching paint dry.

    Biggest complaint is that the show isn't very aesthetically pleasing to watch, which is bad for a visual medium. For the night scene in the first episode where Damon raids the criminals, and other dimly lit interior scenes, it is just way, way too dark and nearly impossible to make out what is happening. And the show is very colorless, very desaturated. It looks very grey.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Actually, I take that back. The show isn't okay. It's very slow. We are two hours into the show and nothing has happened yet. Given that the show is an original story and doesn't have to stick to the script of a book, you'd think that they would have gotten to the big battles already, but nope.
    So you want a Michael Bay movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

  16. #136
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,888
    House of the Dragon S1E02 Explained

    Alt Shift X
    Sep 2, 2022


  17. #137
    Moderator Northern Goblin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cumbria, England
    Posts
    15,062
    I'm amused by people who don't know the story of Fire and Blood who are rewatching GoT and realising that in one of the seasons Joffrey drops a massive plot spoiler for this show.

    As if there weren't enough reasons to hate him.

  18. #138
    Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    House of the Dragon S1E02 Explained

    Alt Shift X
    Sep 2, 2022

    Have people become so dumb they need to watch a show explaining thhe show they just watched?
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

  19. #139
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,989
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Have people become so dumb they need to watch a show explaining thhe show they just watched?
    Welcome to YouTube where content creators watch shows just to video essays on the most mundane details.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  20. #140
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Welcome to YouTube where content creators watch shows just to video essays on the most mundane details.
    I don't blame the content creators... they're just taking advantage of a market that shouldn't exist.
    Isms bore me. I think they are only brought by people who seek to marginalize the potential of each ism to provide something meaningful. Name it, Capitalism, Socialism, even Communism-- all contain something of merit towards structuring a society. The biggest flaw in human history has been the need to take the worst of a system along with the best. It doesn't have to be all of one and none of another.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •