Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ...
6
7
8
9
10
18
... LastLast
  1. #141
    I'm liking it so far. That confrontation on the bridge is exactly the kind of thing I'm here for. Fights are cool but sometimes its also alot of fun to see how they might avoid a fight.

  2. #142
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    374
    Slow and steady episode. the bridgescene as the poster before me pointed out was among the best so far.

  3. #143
    Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    So you want a Michael Bay movie.
    That's right, there are only two extremes to choose from, and if you say something is slow then you just want a Michael Bay movie.

  4. #144
    So far, so good. The characters aren't grabbing me as much as GoT did in S1, but they may grow into their roles.

    Amusing how little anger and vitriol there is in this thread compared to LOTR

  5. #145
    First 2 episodes are probably a 7 or 8/10 for me. Looks great, the actors all play their roles well, and it feels much more like GoT S1 than later seasons. Which is highly welcome.

    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Amusing how little anger and vitriol there is in this thread compared to LOTR
    Let's be honest, this thread/series doesn't have much discussion going on anyway.

  6. #146
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,852
    All the characters are full of shit.

    What a great episode.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  7. #147
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,748
    Viserys keeps getting dumber..

  8. #148
    I really enjoyed this episode. The show's getting into its stride. Initially I thought Viserys was miscast but he's actually just right for the role. The show's dwelt a little too much on Rhaenyra's sulky whining about her status. It's an important element of the show but the character is at risk of being too one-sided. I had to laugh at Daemon's miraculous dodging of the arrows but that whole scene was fun. So far I'm preferring this to Rings of Power, it feels more natural somehow.

  9. #149
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    So far, so good. The characters aren't grabbing me as much as GoT did in S1, but they may grow into their roles.

    Amusing how little anger and vitriol there is in this thread compared to LOTR

    I think a lot of people have lotr closer to their hearts than they do got.

    It's a lot of people's first foray into fantasy when they were younger whereas most people hadn't heard of got before the TV show and the main story books aren't the best after maybe book 3.

    Not that I've been bothered about any of the 'controversies' and am enjoying them both despite lotr having a weak first episode.

  10. #150
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post
    I think a lot of people have lotr closer to their hearts than they do got.

    It's a lot of people's first foray into fantasy when they were younger whereas most people hadn't heard of got before the TV show and the main story books aren't the best after maybe book 3.

    Not that I've been bothered about any of the 'controversies' and am enjoying them both despite lotr having a weak first episode.
    Maybe so, its possible S8 of GoT also put so many people off that the ones that would rage against it already gave up. Or maybe the show is just good and they are enjoying it without feeling the need to comment. /shrug

  11. #151
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    Maybe so, its possible S8 of GoT also put so many people off that the ones that would rage against it already gave up. Or maybe the show is just good and they are enjoying it without feeling the need to comment. /shrug
    Good point, I know a few people that aren't watching it because of how the original one ended, I was nearly one of them, glad I gave it a chance though.

    Episode 3 - rhaenarys storyline all good

    Daemon storyline - why didn't they just do that years ago lol.

    Luckily rhaenarys was the main part 7/10

  12. #152
    Really enjoying this show still after episode 3. Was a bit bothered towards the end when Daemon dodged like hundreds of arrows but overall, a fun watch. I really like the design of Daemon's dragon and how it's much more serpentine.

  13. #153
    Scarab Lord Ihavewaffles's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Location
    The spice must flow!
    Posts
    4,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumble View Post
    So far, so good. The characters aren't grabbing me as much as GoT did in S1, but they may grow into their roles.

    Amusing how little anger and vitriol there is in this thread compared to LOTR
    Cuz this show got an actual author, not the shit hacks rings has...rings is shitty fanfiction with a large budget..

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by druchii5 View Post
    Really enjoying this show still after episode 3. Was a bit bothered towards the end when Daemon dodged like hundreds of arrows but overall, a fun watch. I really like the design of Daemon's dragon and how it's much more serpentine.
    I wanted him to run from palisade to palisade, not dodge more than 1-3 arrows..

  14. #154
    Quote Originally Posted by molliewoof View Post

    Daemon storyline - why didn't they just do that years ago lol.
    Because it was a suicidal strategy. It only worked because Daemon was so exposed that the crab feeder got tempted and took the bait, and risked his forces too much. Even then it would have failed if the archers didnt went to stormtrooper academy, and even then he could still have gotten away, but Daemon took a leap of faith going blind into the cave. It worked, but it was a suicidal strategy. He went all in before the Kings Landings reinforcements came in.

  15. #155
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,852
    I know it's not an original idea because of the book series but I hope more show runners embrace mid-season timeskips to advance the plot past mundane filler. Imagine if they did that during the original series during the last season.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  16. #156
    The Lightbringer Hansworst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Schiedam, the Netherlands
    Posts
    3,404
    People would complain about jetpacks again. Why people need to be spoonfed an entire trip is beyond me.

  17. #157
    Quote Originally Posted by arlion View Post
    Because it was a suicidal strategy. It only worked because Daemon was so exposed that the crab feeder got tempted and took the bait, and risked his forces too much. Even then it would have failed if the archers didnt went to stormtrooper academy, and even then he could still have gotten away, but Daemon took a leap of faith going blind into the cave. It worked, but it was a suicidal strategy. He went all in before the Kings Landings reinforcements came in.
    It was also silly that the crab dude sent out like the entire army after one dude after he had already been shot. The entire reason they were hiding in the caves was because they knew there were dragons and knights and such waiting to pounce, so...wat?

    Not to mention that if you're Daemon and friends, can't you just...collapse the tunnels? Starve them out?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    I know it's not an original idea because of the book series but I hope more show runners embrace mid-season timeskips to advance the plot past mundane filler. Imagine if they did that during the original series during the last season.
    Not sure if the final season is the best example of this, since the entire season was one big fast forward through all the plot points to just be rid of it all.

  18. #158
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    It was also silly that the crab dude sent out like the entire army after one dude after he had already been shot. The entire reason they were hiding in the caves was because they knew there were dragons and knights and such waiting to pounce, so...wat?

    Not to mention that if you're Daemon and friends, can't you just...collapse the tunnels? Starve them out?

    - - - Updated - - -

    I guess he betted he could kill Daemon before the dragons / army came in (see how he is shown looking to the sky every moment before sending more men). And honestly, it wasnt a bad call. If he kills Daemon it was basically a game over for the conflict, and the only reason he didnt was because of massive skill, luck and plot armor on Daemon.

    I dont know if collapsing the tunnels is possible, gues not. And starve them out is not possible, its implied that they can last much longer than the Velaryon army. Remember that they are financed by the triarchy, not just a bunch of pirates

  19. #159
    Quote Originally Posted by arlion View Post
    I guess he betted he could kill Daemon before the dragons / army came in (see how he is shown looking to the sky every moment before sending more men). And honestly, it wasnt a bad call. If he kills Daemon it was basically a game over for the conflict, and the only reason he didnt was because of massive skill, luck and plot armor on Daemon.
    Yeah, but he didn't need to send *everyone* to get Daemon. I get that it's a high value target, but c'mon. He's down with three arrows in him and you still have the archers covering the position, it's not gonna take 200 people to nab him.

  20. #160
    I'm not sure what I think about episode 3. Like I enjoyed it but I feel like they regressed Rhaenyra over the two year time skip. She was just childish for most of the episode and I felt she was more mature in episode 2.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •