Page 7 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Criston Cole

Also I do like Rhaenys

Ep 2 was a little slow, but I still enjoyed it.

Calling it now, in the end the Princess gets eaten by a dragon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    The king asked everyone about Velaryon's proposal, everyone agreed it was logical n best way forward for the realm, even Otto reluctantly did...
    I'd say Otto is the sneaky schemer #1

Rhaenerya hasn't done much, well except the egg situation, but she isn't single minded like Daenerys...

Daemeon can be interesting n grow on people down the line, so far he has sulked n killed some criminals, I want him to burn some crab people or something..

Otto...way less charismstic than Tywin or Littlefinger..this show's characters are boring tbh..
    Well Daemon is a bit of a troll, but he actually took it on the chin when Cole got him back with the reminder, so I liked that. Otto clearly is 10x worse than Velaryon when it comes to scheming, but I was talking about people you could root for and I think Velaryon is a candidate for that while I struggle to see the same in Otto.
    I don't think anyone is as charismatic as Tywin was and he's not nearly as powerful either, so I think Otto leans more towards Littlefinger, although Littlefinger was better at hiding his moves. Velaryons proposal was obviously the most sensible one, but I call him a bit of a schemer because both in the previous episode and this one he hasn't been entirely straightforward in his support for proposals and his actions, and he went to Daemon right after the king chose differently from what he wanted.

Rhaenyra of course hasn't done much yet no (we're only two episodes in) but I actually find her more likeable then Daenerys in some ways so far. She also has a nice dynamic with her uncle going on. The actress grew on me pretty quick and in some ways I regret they'll be replacing her with another to play her older self later on.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Warning View Post
    Well Daemon is a bit of a troll, but he actually took it on the chin when Cole got him back with the reminder, so I liked that. Otto clearly is 10x worse than Velaryon when it comes to scheming, but I was talking about people you could root for and I think Velaryon is a candidate for that while I struggle to see the same in Otto.
    I don't think anyone is as charismatic as Tywin was and he's not nearly as powerful either, so I think Otto leans more towards Littlefinger, although Littlefinger was better at hiding his moves. Velaryons proposal was obviously the most sensible one, but I call him a bit of a schemer because both in the previous episode and this one he hasn't been entirely straightforward in his support for proposals and his actions, and he went to Daemon right after the king chose differently from what he wanted.

Rhaenyra of course hasn't done much yet no (we're only two episodes in) but I actually find her more likeable then Daenerys in some ways so far. She also has a nice dynamic with her uncle going on. The actress grew on me pretty quick and in some ways I regret they'll be replacing her with another to play her older self later on.
    Lord Velaryon warned 1st episode what would happen, he was rudely dismissed, a valuable ally could loose his economic position. The trade is a benefit for all the realm but they don't care they can't think two steps ahead n otto only cares about himself..king is so desperste to maintain his father peace he is moved to inaction alienating a powerful ally..

Then the crab people attack happens n they make clear things will somehow, by magic fix themselves by 'diplomacy' in such s fucked brutal medueval world...

So Lord Velaryon is set to go bankrupt, then in front of the whole world he is humilated with the king choosing otto's daughter. Also with loosing his purse, he will also loose his standing n seat in the council.

Basically loose almost everything.

Now he proposes to act against the stepstones, only option he has left.

Lord Lyonel had a frank conversation with the king, and even warned him not to spur lord Velaryon...yet the king did it anyway, put his personal wishes above the realm..reminds me of Robb Stark...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    Calling it now, in the end the Princess gets eaten by a dragon.
    Was even mentioned in GoT by Joffrey, but when it happens in this show I expect some twitter folk to screech about it for a month..

- - - Updated - - -

ep.3 trailer

Grayscale?
    Last edited by Ihavewaffles; 2022-08-30 at 05:05 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    I was happy with ep1.
    I was happy++ with ep2.

Question is, will corporate greed ruin it like GoT?
    They havent announched yet how many seasons the serie is supposed~ to be and I doubt it flew past them that having 723 seasons of which the latter half sucked dick as well as changing producers every now and then didnt turn out well for GoT.

If they dont fall into that trap again we got a winner on our hands.
    I really, really, really hope they dont fuck this one up as hard as they did with GoT.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

I watched the first two episodes. The show is okay. The King and Damon have good actors. Everyone else is like watching paint dry.

Biggest complaint is that the show isn't very aesthetically pleasing to watch, which is bad for a visual medium. For the night scene in the first episode where Damon raids the criminals, and other dimly lit interior scenes, it is just way, way too dark and nearly impossible to make out what is happening. And the show is very colorless, very desaturated. It looks very grey.

- - - Updated - - -

Actually, I take that back. The show isn't okay. It's very slow. We are two hours into the show and nothing has happened yet. Given that the show is an original story and doesn't have to stick to the script of a book, you'd think that they would have gotten to the big battles already, but nope.
    Last edited by Val the Moofia Boss; 2022-09-01 at 11:46 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    Actually, I take that back. The show isn't okay. It's very slow. We are two hours into the show and nothing has happened yet. Given that the show is an original story and doesn't have to stick to the script of a book, you'd think that they would have gotten to the big battles already, but nope.
    This is straight up false dude, the show is based on second half of Fire & Blood.

The show is covering rather big time skips at first and I love they are not rushing through it. Actually considering this complication, they are doing pretty good job at not making it confusing. All the small events that happened in first and second episode are critical basis for the core of a conflict to come.

There will be a lot battles in future. I honestly find it weird you want big battles in a second episode of a first season. Like what the..?

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    I was happy with ep1.
    I was happy++ with ep2.

Question is, will corporate greed ruin it like GoT?
    They havent announched yet how many seasons the serie is supposed~ to be and I doubt it flew past them that having 723 seasons of which the latter half sucked dick as well as changing producers every now and then didnt turn out well for GoT.

If they dont fall into that trap again we got a winner on our hands.
    I really, really, really hope they dont fuck this one up as hard as they did with GoT.
    It wasn't corporate greed that ruined GoT. It was incompetence. No one liked what D&D did with it. Not the actors, not Martin, not HBO. Both Martin and HBO thought they should've had more seasons. The actors didn't like it and even disagreed with the writing choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I watched the first two episodes. The show is okay. The King and Damon have good actors. Everyone else is like watching paint dry.

Biggest complaint is that the show isn't very aesthetically pleasing to watch, which is bad for a visual medium. For the night scene in the first episode where Damon raids the criminals, and other dimly lit interior scenes, it is just way, way too dark and nearly impossible to make out what is happening. And the show is very colorless, very desaturated. It looks very grey.

- - - Updated - - -

So you want a Michael Bay movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jedi Batman View Post
    Sounds like a euphemism for real life. We throw money at the rich, in hopes that we will someday be rich, and then we get hookers to piss on us. That's what trickle down economics really is.

5+ Year Old Account
    House of the Dragon S1E02 Explained

Alt Shift X
    Sep 2, 2022

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm amused by people who don't know the story of Fire and Blood who are rewatching GoT and realising that in one of the seasons Joffrey drops a massive plot spoiler for this show.

As if there weren't enough reasons to hate him.
    Ex-Mod. Technically retired, they just won't let me quit.

Quote Originally Posted by Ihavewaffles View Post
    House of the Dragon S1E02 Explained

Alt Shift X
    Sep 2, 2022

Have people become so dumb they need to watch a show explaining thhe show they just watched?
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    Have people become so dumb they need to watch a show explaining thhe show they just watched?
    Welcome to YouTube where content creators watch shows just to video essays on the most mundane details.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Welcome to YouTube where content creators watch shows just to video essays on the most mundane details.
    I don't blame the content creators... they're just taking advantage of a market that shouldn't exist.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

I'm liking it so far. That confrontation on the bridge is exactly the kind of thing I'm here for. Fights are cool but sometimes its also alot of fun to see how they might avoid a fight.

Stood in the Fire
    5+ Year Old Account
    Slow and steady episode. the bridgescene as the poster before me pointed out was among the best so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    So you want a Michael Bay movie.
    That's right, there are only two extremes to choose from, and if you say something is slow then you just want a Michael Bay movie.

So far, so good. The characters aren't grabbing me as much as GoT did in S1, but they may grow into their roles.

Amusing how little anger and vitriol there is in this thread compared to LOTR