Page 12 of 53 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I think GOT kinda dropped the ball on this aspect compared to the source material. It was partly the case the actress whole played Darnarys was wildly popular and charismatic. Though also the show only had so much bandwidth for bloodshed and cruelty that Daenarys actually causes in Essos. The show flew through Daenary's events in A Clash of Kings and A Storm of Swords. This is where her cunning and penchant for reciprocating those that wrong her with violence are cemented going forward.

So it left viewers with the notion that Daenarys just got a bunch of Unsullied, killed some bad slave owners then moved on. But she really kinda was bad at ruling the places she conquered by might as it was largely chaos and cruelty soon after she took control in Mareen, Astapor and so on.

Daenarys kinda sucks at being a "queen".

I see people claim Rhaenyra is a Daenarys stand-in, but it is the other way around. Daenarys takes after Rhaenyra's legacy. I believe it is even mentioned in one of the books to Daenarys that Rhaenyra was the "Bitch Queen" and "Dragon Queen" depending on who you ask that brought a lot of chaos to Westeros. Daenarys takes right after Rhaenyra.

If folks are thinking Rhaenyra is a hero, they are gonna be disappointed by what is to come.
    Been a long time since I've watched GoT and I'm not a book person so can't really comment on that.

But I remember there were 2 places where they let her stay for a bit and I like to remember they showed that the places didn't get better, mostly. It just shifted things around. One is the golden mask place. They even bring this point up if I remember. Of course it was one of the previous nobles who brought it up that what they did was bad, but they had order and now it was a place in disorder. Hinting at her being a bad leader overall.

The other place is when Tyrion were the one who brought up the doubt. That place (sorry I'm really bad at names and been a long time) I think showed how she handles dispute among the citizens and it was often in a very childlike 50/50 way.

I remember there were signs of her failings, which is why it surprised me when people acted shocked when she "suddenly" became a tyrant in season 8. I'm sure there are more of it in the books you mention, but to me I think the show did a good job of showing it if you just took a step back and looked at the morals of her actions rather than the morals of her goals.

You are correct with the Rhaenyra. I think people are using it from our outside perspective. Kinda like how people see Halbrand as the Aragorn stand-in even though in actual continuity it doesn't work.

Seeing almost anyone as a hero in a GoT setting (from what I know from the show) is probably not a good idea lol.
    I'm mostly watching and thinking "when will this character 'fall'" or "How will they fall".
    Error 404 - Signature not found

Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Seeing almost anyone as a hero in a GoT setting (from what I know from the show) is probably not a good idea lol.
    I'm mostly watching and thinking "when will this character 'fall'" or "How will they fall".
    Exactly.

I'm in it for the lies, intrigues and scheming. Rhaenyra weaseling her way (at least temporary) out of it was awesome, even got Hightower canceled while she was at it. Only to then get presented with two aweful choices, drink the tea to admit or don't and risk a bastard. Must have felt like a swift kick in the nuts lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    So the final episodes are about Otto, that Rastafari dood and her uncle teaming up against her
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

It's a good show. Great costumes, music, casting, sets, GCI, cinematography etc. HBO quality show.

The story isn't as gripping as GoT was though. It's heavily focused on court intrigue and little else, while GoT had a wide array of very compelling characters that were doing very different things at the same time. It's still well written, just not super compelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wasn’t there lore on Rhaenyra’s children not being fathered by Laenor cause he took other lovers and was gay? If so, I’m wondering if she may not have drank the moontea and did happen to get pregnant by Cole… but pretends that it is Laenor’s child since they are about to get married in the next episode.
    That might be a bit awkward in the show...

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Wasn’t there lore on Laenor not being the father of Rhaenyra’s children cause he took other lovers and was gay? If so, I’m wondering if she may not have drank the moontea and did happen to get pregnant by Cole… but pretends that it is Laenor’s child since they are about to get married in the next episode.
    That would make sense actually. And add another layer of tragedy, if one or more of Rahenyra children are fathered by Cole

Been watching the episode again and noticed that in the beginning when the old fart fetches his drink a couple notes of The Rains of Castamere are playing. No wonder there's blood spilled a minute later.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansworst View Post
    Yeah, I really need a youtuber to explain me what I've seen with my own eyes
    Everytime I see a "blahblahblah episode explained" Youtube video I'm just reminded that ....

...I'm doing 'work' wrong, and I really need to jump on this "explain crap that don't need explaining for easy money" bandwagon!

Its not just this particular youtuber or this series either - I see a variety of these all over youtube about the stupidest shows no one would NEED "explaining", ever.

I think they wouldn't make me twitch if they just used the term 'summary' instead of 'explained.'

Course, I think those make me twitch less than the streamers who spend 60 minutes 'reacting/reviewing' a show that only lasts 30 minutes.
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    Everytime I see a "blahblahblah episode explained" Youtube video I'm just reminded that ....

...I'm doing 'work' wrong, and I really need to jump on this "explain crap that don't need explaining for easy money" bandwagon!

Its not just this particular youtuber or this series either - I see a variety of these all over youtube about the stupidest shows no one would NEED "explaining", ever.

I think they wouldn't make me twitch if they just used the term 'summary' instead of 'explained.'

Course, I think those make me twitch less than the streamers who spend 60 minutes 'reacting/reviewing' a show that only lasts 30 minutes.
    Please see my next video: "Koriani's Post Explained"

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    Please see my next video: "Koriani's Post Explained"
    bwwhahaha - probably tickled me more than it should, been a long day at work so just wanted to say thanks for the laugh! =D *walks off still giggling*
    Koriani - Guardians of Forever - BM Huntard on TB; Kharmic - Worgen Druid - TB
    Koriani - none - Dragon of Secret World
    Karmic - Moirae - SWTOR
    inactive: Frith-Rae - Horizons/Istaria; Koriani in multiple old MMOs. I been around a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriani View Post
    -snip-
    Even more frustrating are the reaction channels. Like, they literally just...watch the thing....and people watch them for how they react to their favorite shows. Some of them do analysis afterwards, but many don't.

A particularly egregious section of these videos are "cute girls reacting to nerd stuff they've avoided their whole life and liking them." Hundreds of thousands of views. I need to find a cute girl to cash in on this scam cause no one wants me analyzing scenes from LOST and I've seen too much to react to much.

Really liked the 4th episode.
    All that character development Reinira took was not in vain: she finally managed to become a strong, independent slut, and a cheap liar to boot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortress of Arrogance View Post
    Really liked the 4th episode.
    All that character development Reinira took was not in vain: she finally managed to become a strong, independent slut, and a cheap liar to boot.
    Dude, it's spelled Rhaenyra.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    Oh well.
    Not so much used to english spelling of Targaryen names.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh well.
    Not so much used to english spelling of Targaryen names.
    Wait, you have it spelled differently in your country? Damn, I hate when they do this... I remember reading LotR and Gollum was spelled as Gloch.

When I read nowadays, I always try to get the books in english. Sometimes the bad translations are super obvious to me.

Wait, you have it spelled differently in your country? Damn, I hate when they do this... I remember reading LotR and Gollum was spelled as Gloch.

When I read nowadays, I always try to get the books in english. Sometimes the bad translations are super obvious to me.
    Well, if Gollum actually had a glock things would have gone way differently.

Yes, it is.
    Cyrillic spelling is obviously different

That's your problem with the post, the spelling? XD

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, it is.
    Cyrillic spelling is obviously different
    Ah, I see. Meant no harm.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    That's your problem with the post, the spelling? XD
    Problem with misspelling a name is you could be talking about a completely different person.

I had no issue with the post, everybody is entitled to their opinions and I am in no position to judge.

Quote Originally Posted by Skandulous View Post
    That takes multiple episodes and seasons to properly flesh out and you expected that in a 1 hour episode?
    Plenty of shows have pulled the viewer in immediately. This one did not.

And after 4 episodes, I still don't really buy into any of these characters. The show is being carried by legacy rather than its own merit.