Page 1 of 53
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[TV] House of the Dragon

Since there wasn't an official thread, I guess here it is. Starts this Monday, I'm stoked.

I'll give it a shot. The only thing that is bugging me is the white hair. I know it is a defining characteristic of that society but all I can think about is the actors wearing white wigs and it is taking me out of the moment.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

Gotta admit, really curious how bad the ratings will be after GoT deleted itself from the zeitgeist.

If they manage to save the IP, it would end up being one of the biggest turnarounds in history
    A better way to think about Casual v Hardcore: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...asual-Hardcore

Good spoiler free review with some background info on the premise of the show

I am sure the show will be fine. Of course agenda andys will be after it because they don't like how the other show ended. Of course it won't be for everyone. I am sure it will just follow the same formula of a lot happens in the first episode or two.. then pretty much nothing but walking around and talking happens until the last episode or two of the season and then it ends on a shocker that has you waiting until the first episode or two of next season to hook you back in.. back to just walking around and talking until the last episode or two of the next season.. so on and so forth. Its the format of television since the streaming era began.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyris Flare View Post
    Gotta admit, really curious how bad the ratings will be after GoT deleted itself from the zeitgeist.

If they manage to save the IP, it would end up being one of the biggest turnarounds in history
    it's not the same showrunners, and Martin is onboard again. so yeah I will give this a chance...

Quote Originally Posted by Low Hanging Fruit View Post
    I am sure the show will be fine. Of course agenda andys will be after it because they don't like how the other show ended. Of course it won't be for everyone. I am sure it will just follow the same formula of a lot happens in the first episode or two.. then pretty much nothing but walking around and talking happens until the last episode or two of the season and then it ends on a shocker that has you waiting until the first episode or two of next season to hook you back in.. back to just walking around and talking until the last episode or two of the next season.. so on and so forth. Its the format of television since the streaming era began.
    Oddly enough, I despised GoT from like s6 onwards, but I'm fairly on board with this one for now.

Season 8 of GoT was garbage and a massive flop, but it was not based on a book and GRRM wasn't working on it. This show should be fine.

I'll be curious how many people give it a chance, given S8 and this being a story that is questionable as to whether it needs to be told.

It feels a little too "dontcha like game of thrones???? remember us???? we have dragons!!!! please watch"

It may end up good, but I'm betting it will start slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am excited for the show, looks great so far.

I personally will judge the show as it's own thing. I don't understand the outrage and distrust caused by GoT ending. It's a different story presented by different people only in the same universe. However the major advantage it has over GoT is that the story is already fully written and finished by G.R.R. Martin.

It would be insane to prejudge this or avoid it based on dislike of how the previous show turned out, unless you just happen to dislike the Game of Thrones universe in particular. The ending of GoT was so bad it killed any desire for a rewatch of that show, but this is a new and separate thing and I'll give it a go. Based on what I've seen so far I think it's going to be decent but I'll soon know for sure.

I posted in the Game of Thrones thread about HOD. Good show. More of what you would expect from the HBO series; a little less violent than the GOT, more sexual suggestions, and less showing. A lot of time advancement. Characters age years from episode to episode. Weeks, months, and years go by in the blink of an eye.

If you liked the capital stuff in GOT, this is basically that with more dragons at the end.

I just hope Daemon doesn't make me think Doctor all the time.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's weird to be in 'new game of thrones' territory; years since s8... Ready for all the shock and reactions that'll be coming out online
    My youtube channels: Sath Reacts: TV & Movie Reactions, and Sath Animations: Stop motion/claymation animations

Apparently it leaked about 12 hours ago. Will wait for a better quality torrent.

Do we know how many episodes there will be and if it's single or multiple seasons production?

Quote Originally Posted by TickTickTick View Post
    Do we know how many episodes there will be and if it's single or multiple seasons production?
    They are shooting S2 soon. 10 eps in this so far.

well that was boring

5+ Year Old Account
    The birthing scene, I feel they showed so much just to be shocking, it was not necessary, less is more

Daemon n the other knights did enough too.

Wasn't too bad honestly