Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    "Given that the events of Shadowlands took place over the course of two years"

what.

Quote Originally Posted by Snufflupagus View Post
    I’ll pretty sure it’s because housing is a trash feature that would add nothing to WoW.
    So like... every other feature theyve introduced? trash and didnt add anything to the game since it was removed the very next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by MrKnubbles View Post
    Why all the hate on Danuser? I haven't seen him do anything worth complaining about.
    He has a known name and a known position of authority in the writing team. That's all that matters to get a big ol' target on your back.

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we also add to this that they used a neurolyzer on everyone in azeroth and said shadowlands and bfa didn't happen

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    I remember a certain bald slug ex-lawyer mentioning something along the lines of there being no time skip. Weird how that works out. Well I was in favor of a small one anyway, so I don't have any issues with it. I can't even bring myself to write something biting about Danuser, even though he still keeps going on about the book closing thing. Anyway, it's not like I take the story "serious" anymore, that ship finally sailed in SL. For all I care we visit unicorn rainbow dimension next, just gimme decent dungeons for m+ and gear I actually want to transmog.
    He said that to confirm time did not pass faster while in the Shadowlands. People clinged to that hypothesis when Jaina and other prisoners quoted they felt like they were stuck in Torghast for an eternity; souls in Torghast had their minds broken.

The time skip will be between Shadowlands and Dragonflight, not during SL.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rockefellah View Post
    Would be way better IMHO if they went by actual years, also makes much more sense with the ingame calendar and holidays.

Coming of age, dealing With Ragnaros, the black dragon shenanigans, AQ, Hakkar and Naxx all in one year is just ridiculous.
    It doesn’t need to take place one after the other. For all we know they happened around the same time with different military forces. The world doesn’t revolve around the country were situated in, for example.

Why all the hate on Danuser? I haven't seen him do anything worth complaining about.
    He's popular to hate. The WoW fan base isn't known for their thinking, generally.

Replacing him isn't going to do much.

When the plot of a movie is bad, do you blame the screenwriter or the cinematographer?

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    Ye, wheres housing! how could our player characters ever live "normal" life without housing. :P

Pretty much all other MMO's have it but not WoW, probably because blizz devs think features cannot be maintained beyond their introductory expansion... everything must be scrapped everytime!
    Who cares if all other MMO's have it? WOW is just fine wiithout it. IN fact, it remains #1 over all those MMO's that do have it.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Who cares if all other MMO's have it? WOW is just fine wiithout it. IN fact, it remains #1 over all those MMO's that do have it.
    It clearly isnt fine, stop the copium!
    WoW is at an all time low in terms of population and its nowhere near #1. Final Fantasy 14 overtook it a while ago.

And if were being real Path of Exile is the top mmo right now with the highest population on the market. And it has player housing.

Housing is just one of those features we could have had a decade ago and it would remain relevant with minimal updates by a few new furniture every patch (sometimes a new location).
    Same with Torghast, Warzones, Archaeology and ofcourse customization in general.
    WoW is yet again the only big MMO without dyeable armor/mounts.

So stop the copium bro, the game could be vastly better with just a tiny bit of effort for longevity rather than borrowed power systems for every expansion.
    WoW is the most shallowest MMO on the market atm as a result. Least amount of relevant content and most amount of timegating.

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    I can understand if a player prefers for their character to be extremely young, in their teens or twenties. If a player character was at least 20 when they began in Vanilla (year 25), then they would be at least 35 in Dragonflight (year 40), 5 years away from entering into middle-age. If you have played a second generation character that came into the story later on, like a Pandaren or an allied race, then the player character could still be extremely young, but ofcourse that character would have missed out on at least half of the story which would be incongruous with how the player character is treated in WoW (it makes little sense for a Wandering Pandaren who had no prior military experience when they joined one year ago to be handpicked by High King/Warchief as the leading general on Draenor in WoD).
    It's not just that either. Having to advance your character through a timeskip can suck, due to forced age difference and having to come up with three years you didn't get to roleplay, sure.

But the real disconnect is from a group perspective. If you're in an adventuring guild, a lot happens in a year. You face major villains. People endure traumas, great injuries, interesting power-ups, character-changing adventures. People die, new people join. Obviously suddenly there's be 3 years where not much like that can happen, unless the entire group agrees with it.

But the most sucky part is where it comes to character interactions. A lot of RP's enjoyment is the bonds you make with people. You form friendships, teacher-trainer relationships, resentment or competition, or even romance. Imagine if you just started one of these connections a month ago, with the goal of developing it long-term over time. Well, now you suddenly have to pretend three years have passed. That new member that just joined? He's now a grizzled veteran after years of fighting the worst Azeroth has to offer, at your side. That apprentice you just took? Graduated. That person you just started dating? You are now married with kids.

Obviously I'm being a bit extreme in these examples, but the point is that skipping three years of character development sucks for a single character. But where it comes to group dynamics it can be incredibly difficult, immersion-braking, or at the very least highly frustrating to have to do.

I'm sure some are excited for it, but my guild definitely is not.

Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    Our purpose here is not to have a litany of events take place outside the game that you need to read about in a novel or other media to understand the state of the world. The goal of the fast-forward is to provide the people of Azeroth with a slice of “normal” life without a major threat looming over their heads.
    Let's see. I don't believe for a second there won't be books covering the time skip. Next, the writers confirm here that they have no idea how to write anything less than Marvel comics world ending crisis #495. Finally, the datamined dialogue for the time skip is hilariously bad, to the point of "As you know, five years have passed..."

- - - Updated - - -

It's almost like he leads the writing team and is therefore responsible for story quality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex86el View Post
    "Orc want, orc take." and "Orc dissagrees, orc kill you to win argument."
    Quote Originally Posted by Toho View Post
    The Horde is basically the guy that gets mad that the guy that they just beat the crap out of had the audacity to bleed on them.
    Why no, people don't just like Sylvie for T&A: https://www.mmo-champion.com/threads...ery-Cinematic/

10+ Year Old Account
    Now if he'd just explain the actual timeline for WoW from Classic, all the way through to SL...

Obviously he won't, because he can't, because they fucked this up years ago and he doesn't have a time machine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaka View Post
    It clearly isnt fine, stop the copium
    WoW is at an all time low in terms of population and its nowhere near #1. Final Fantasy 14 overtook it a while ago.
    Nonsense. You don't know what the numbers are. It is still #1 no matter how you spin it otherwise.

And if were being real Path of Exile is the top mmo right now with the highest population on the market. And it has player housing.

Housing is just one of those features we could have had a decade ago and it would remain relevant with minimal updates by a few new furniture every patch (sometimes a new location).
    Same with Torghast, Warzones, Archaeology and ofcourse customization in general.
    WoW is yet again the only big MMO without dyeable armor/mounts.

So stop the copium bro, the game could be vastly better with just a tiny bit of effort for longevity rather than borrowed power systems for every expansion.
    WoW is the most shallowest MMO on the market atm as a result. Least amount of relevant content and most amount of timegating.
    The game is still relevant no matter how much you try to revise things to insist it needs player housing.

There is no copium here. I am stating facts. But since you aren't going to act like an adult and throwing multiple ad hominem attacks to boot, ignore list it is.
    Last edited by rrayy; 2022-08-21 at 04:24 PM.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BaumanKing View Post
    When the plot of a movie is bad, do you blame the screenwriter or the cinematographer?
    I don't blame anybody because art is subjective. If you're not happy with the story, that doesn't mean it's a bad story. There are plenty of people that do enjoy it. Also, some things that may seem stupid can have significance in the future.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time skip should have been at least 10 to 20 years to allow the world to change.

Excuse that they want the meaningful stuff to happen in game does not apply for world building / developing.

The time skip could allow for new cities to be erect, alliances to be formed etc. If peace worked out in this timeline for example with onlyu a few fanatics doing skirmishes in between, it could allow for xross faction guilds, cities etc with fringe outposts has being truly hostile (maybe the main cities can be "hostile" with limited vendors selling to the other faction).

It can also being a soft reset to the game for new stories lore to be introduced etc.

/shrug I think its a missed opportunity but we will wait and see.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't blame anybody because art is subjective. If you're not happy with the story, that doesn't mean it's a bad story. There are plenty of people that do enjoy it. Also, some things that may seem stupid can have significance in the future.
    Though I agree that there’s always something to take away, the story was only good if your standards are low. The dialogue of our antagonist is laughably bad unless a young kid is playing the game. It’s CW levels of bad and if no one says anything we’re bound for more stories with bad quality control.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2022-08-21 at 09:23 PM.

inb4 he brings his slyvanas back "shes learned her lesson"

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    Though I agree that there’s always something to take away, the story was only good if your standards are low. The dialogue of our antagonist is laughably bad unless a young kid is playing the game. It’s CW levels of bad and if no one says anything we’re bound for more stories with bad quality control.
    Don't get me wrong, I didn't enjoy the story. In my opinion, Shadowlands is by far the worst opinion. But, my opinion may be biased because it was centered around Sylvanas, my all-time least favorite character. I despise anything involving her and I'm really hoping that we're done with her for a while.
    Check out my game, Craftsmith, on the Google Play Store!

What a pussy... should have been at least 20 years.

7+ Year Old Account
    Look at this clown talking, like it was their idea to make a timeskip, when community is begging since Legion.

After so much shit talk about how shadowlands will not have any time difference, of how they would not make timeskip, yadayada, they know better, they do this, and its not even the right amount, pathetic, what mere 5 years will give? especially in the hands of those clowns who can't make interesting characters and just ruin older ones?

do we rly gonna get to know what the fuck happened to our factions or races/nations or we are just going to get some shit talk about lothermar and the other elf fucking?

Guess its enough time to force Calia as Forsaken leader, since she for sure spend 5 years taking people approval and now every one is good to fo

- - - Updated - - -

Don't get me wrong, I didn't enjoy the story. In my opinion, Shadowlands is by far the worst opinion. But, my opinion may be biased because it was centered around Sylvanas, my all-time least favorite character. I despise anything involving her and I'm really hoping that we're done with her for a while.
    She for sure is going to come back after dragonflight, 100%, one or two expansions are my beat