Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
LastLast
  1. #41
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,620
    Quote Originally Posted by XDurionX View Post
    That's incredibly naive.
    Okay then what's correct(non-naive)?

    ---

    So apparently this Andrew Tate guy has amassed a quarter billion in wealth, which is pretty impressive. As long as he isn't breaking a law, and as long as he isn't coercing people then there's nothing wrong with him offering his products and services to make money, even if all of his activities are considered to be shady.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    While I disagree on the take on liberalism, can you name me one conservative policy that supports human progress and liberty?
    Umm..PC2 tends to redefine the English language. I've lost track of how many times he's called obvious liberals "conservatives."

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Umm..PC2 tends to redefine the English language. I've lost track of how many times he's called obvious liberals "conservatives."
    Obvious liberals are conservatives in most developed countries tbh. Its just the USA where center right liberalism is considered the far left.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Diaphin View Post
    Obvious liberals are conservatives in most developed countries tbh. Its just the USA where center right liberalism is considered the far left.
    But we're not talking about other countries. The dude lives in northern California where it's all red. And he certainly has no love for the likes of Elizabeth Warren.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    But we're not talking about other countries. The dude lives in northern California where it's all red. And he certainly has no love for the likes of Elizabeth Warren.
    Its important to consider that the US is socially closer to most hyper traditionalist third world nations than other developed nations.

  6. #46
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,408
    Reminder for those who don't know or don't remember: Tate was kicked off of Big Brother in 2016 when a video of him beating his ex girlfriend with a belt and yanking her around by the hair surfaced. He claims the video was edited. You be the judge.

    Obvious trigger warning content, abuse.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...tm_term=w175mc
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumorii View Post
    Probably because they lacked it during their upbringing? Usually when you look for something it's because you lack it.
    I guess some people don't grow up and can't discern which adults are exemplary.

  8. #48
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Dead Moose Fandango View Post
    Ugh. I remember when I used to like Rogan. He was big on catching pointing-out comedians who stole jokes. Then I noticed his political garbage.
    I trust a college drop-out comedian to tell jokes, not anything else.

    But it seems he has a lot of opinions on "anything else," which he is clearly not qualified to speak on. And certainly not against the prevailing wisdom of people who actually know what they're talking about, like scientists and medical doctors.

    Quote Originally Posted by Biglog View Post
    He's a chauvinist idiot, but what's more concerning than another guy trying to monetize radical views online (one many), is that it's another sign of the movement of society backwards. The alt-right wants to take us back to the 1600's, and people like this just trying to capitalize on it for their own financial gain are fanning the flames. It's also sad because in some parts of the world women are still treated like property today and have little to no-rights. It appeared humanity was finally starting to move beyond that negative footnote in history. But this guy and people like him are trying to take the world back in the opposite direction. It's basically a further step in the incel movement, angry at women for rejection and embracing the reasons why they probably are alone, which pretty much ensures they'll stay that way and keep watching and buying merch.
    I guess if it's any consolation these same guys probably wont ever have kids.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  9. #49
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,408
    Also can't believe the people who are like "Banning him will only make him more popular!" Yes, everyone who gets banned gains an INITIAL surge in popularity, but in the case of say Donald Trump, and now Andrew Tate, people are realizing they're just grifters out to steal your money to live their rich and wealthy lifestyles. After they've been banned for a few weeks their relevance and social reach drops off dramatically.

    Ban them, deal with the initial backlash and jump in popularity, then watch them die. And don't just ban their accounts. Ban all of their content. I know Tate gains a lot of followers by having lonely males repost his tiktoks and tweets to other lonely males, but if you ban all of his content, even reposts, his reach will die and his income stream will dry up.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  10. #50
    The Unstoppable Force PC2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    21,620
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Reminder for those who don't know or don't remember: Tate was kicked off of Big Brother in 2016 when a video of him beating his ex girlfriend with a belt and yanking her around by the hair surfaced. He claims the video was edited. You be the judge.

    Obvious trigger warning content, abuse.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...tm_term=w175mc
    Was he convicted of assault and battery though? Maybe he was financially compensating her for BDSM activities, or maybe he had prior consent that wasn't shown in the video.
    Last edited by PC2; 2022-08-23 at 12:46 PM.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by Cthulhu 2020 View Post
    Reminder for those who don't know or don't remember: Tate was kicked off of Big Brother in 2016 when a video of him beating his ex girlfriend with a belt and yanking her around by the hair surfaced. He claims the video was edited. You be the judge.

    Obvious trigger warning content, abuse.

    https://www.reddit.com/r/facepalm/co...tm_term=w175mc
    Many comments that are saying it was kink and consensual.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by PC2 View Post
    Was he convicted of assault and battery though? Maybe he was financially compensating her for BDSM activities and/or he had prior consent.
    Jesus fucking Christ, just when I didn't think you could stoop any fucking lower, now you are defending a fucking rapist and serial sexual assaulter because he wasn't convicted? Even though its on video?

  13. #53
    The Unstoppable Force PACOX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    ██████
    Posts
    24,848
    Banned on Tiktok. Guess his is no longer profitable for them.

    Resident Cosplay Progressive

  14. #54
    Titan Al Gorefiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    A state of madness
    Posts
    11,068
    Never heard of him, sounds like I was one of the lucky ones.

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by PACOX View Post
    Banned on Tiktok. Guess his is no longer profitable for them.
    I don't think he has ever had a personal tiktok, if he does I haven't seen it, but he has lost his Meta accounts, his MLM Hustler's University, Twitter, and just about everything else. He better get ready to go to prison, because I think a search warrant was used on his place in Romania, and he should be lucky he isn't in prison now for sex trafficking and rape.

  16. #56
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,566
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Many comments that are saying it was kink and consensual.
    And if you watch any news reports about the 2020 election you'll see lots of comments saying Biden is an illegitimate president elected by empty parking lots of fake voters as part of a nefarious shadow government plot.

    Comments on videos don't mean jack shit.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Many comments that are saying it was kink and consensual.
    Presumably because that was the justification he was using himself. But given his myriad comments about how to properly abuse treat women, it's probably a good idea to take his protestations with a mountain of salt.

  18. #58
    The Undying Cthulhu 2020's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Rigging your election
    Posts
    35,408
    Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Many comments that are saying it was kink and consensual.
    His first defense was that the video was edited.

    Once the editing excuse was proven wrong, somewhere in there I'm sure he used the "kink" defense. If it was kink play, he should have said that first. And as said, considering how Tate sees women, take his defense that it was kink play with a mountain of salt.



    Also, really don't understand why so many people are saying "OMG IF YOU BAN HIM HE'LL JUST GET MORE POPULAR". Sure, he'll see a momentary boost in popularity, but if his content is banned off of tiktok and twitter, his primary sources, he's not gonna be pulling in new people in the long run.

    Look at how much Trump's ravings dropped off in visibility when they were no longer on twitter.

    Ban Tate's ass. We can stomach a very temporary boost in popularity to get him off of a platform.
    Plenty of people have been holding their breath waiting for me to fail. I think they all suffocated years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Just came here to remind people that the right has no moral conscious. If they ever try to morally scold you, it's not because they think what you're doing is wrong. Is because it's effective, and want to discourage you from doing it.

  19. #59
    Void Lord Doctor Amadeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    In Security Watching...
    Posts
    41,750
    Did someone feed The Pick Up Artist after dark and this is what happened?

    Honestly unless this guy breaks the law I don’t see a difference between him and Johnny Depp.
    #ANTIFA "Intellect alone is useless in a fight...you can't even break a rule, how can you be expected to break bone" Khan Singh

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    Did someone feed The Pick Up Artist after dark and this is what happened?

    Honestly unless this guy breaks the law I don’t see a difference between him and Johnny Depp.
    He definitely has, he assaulted a woman, is trafficking women in Romania. Hell his house got searched.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •