Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LazarusLong View Post
    Personally I hated go go go part of the islands. Would be nice to explore all of items and events, given how many cosmetics they tied to it.

- - - Updated - - -

More dungeons, more story, more varied reps, more Suramars. Would be fine expansion in my book.
    I still don't island's for cosmetics
    Sold one for 250k
    Dragon rider set is also perfect for DF

They have to figure out a way to get people to engage with the end game content since it has shown most do not give a single shit about it unless its based around some sort of power gain. Look at how empty Torghast has become once they removed the need for it and i think that dragon riding will be the same as that was with a bit more initial excitement for being something new but wow needs people to be engaged outside of raid nights or mythic plus dungeons.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Other than the usual M+ and raiding and since we won't have any Islands expeditions or Torghast like content, anything new not announced or hinted at ?
    Dragonriding, but if you want a teaser: Some dude's mom whose adopted son's husband who works at Blizzard said they're looking into some scenario'-like stuff, more modest in set-up and importance than Tor'ghast.

Couldn't clarify it properly for me, though obviously it's dragon related meaning i expect it to be 1 of 4 options:
    - Blue dragons opening random magical portals / rifts / tears / magical prisons / etc.
    - Bronze dragons opening up new timeways to experience
    - Green dragons doing dream portal shenanigans (potentially straying back into the shadowlands a bit even)
    - Black Dragons opening up deep earthen vaults of Neltharion, random shenanigans ensue
    (- bonus: all of the above, probably out of scope though, "modest" and all)

Don't think it's meant as launch content though.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    Professions are another way to gear up now, which imo is good.
    You're telling me people will get to craft same ilvl (at least) gear as mythic raids? :OO Not just pre-raid gear? Oh wow.

EDIT: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nflight/372661 so according to this, it's just another vault (you do content, instead of vault unlock, you get crafting tokens, with which you get gear). That's not gearing up with crafting mate, that's literally a vault we have current expansion. Also, 4 pieces with weapon max.

Did they change it?
    Last edited by ldev; 2022-08-29 at 05:17 PM.
    My nickname is "LDEV", not "idev". (both font clarification and ez bait)

yall im smh @ ur simplified english

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post
    You're telling me people will get to craft same ilvl (at least) gear as mythic raids? :OO Not just pre-raid gear? Oh wow.

EDIT: https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wo...nflight/372661 so according to this, it's just another vault (you do content, instead of vault unlock, you get crafting tokens, with which you get gear). That's not gearing up with crafting mate, that's literally a vault we have current expansion. Also, 4 pieces with weapon max.

Did they change it?
    It's still alpha though, and they've made big splashes about crafting, so it would be foolish of them not to make it go all the way to the top or inaccessible to non-raiders.

If they've the balls to do it they should make those dragonriding races award those crafting drops too at the highest levels.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

I believe one of the main issues over the last while has been the speed with which you obtain max level. Back in Vanilla, BC, Wrath... it took awhile to max out. You experienced story and there was so much to explore.

Lately it seems like they've been doing the leveling storyline as an aside to the end game. Whereas before the journey was the part that people enjoyed and look back on

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No. It will simply be dungeons and raids, and nothing else. They removed components like Torghast, Warfronts and Islands based on the fallacy they could not exist without the broken borrowed power systems. Sure they could. The devs just want to lower their effort to develop new expacs.

Result is that there will be even less endgame for casual gamers in DF than in WOD.
    The four renown factions are each tied with 2-3 max level elite outdoor areas. Drops from the elite areas can be used to craft gear of up to Heroic ilvl which since last built will be available for every slot. So you have close to a dozen areas in which you can grind in the world to power high level gear progression. That's as much options as you'd have with dungeons or any instanced content.

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    It's still alpha though, and they've made big splashes about crafting, so it would be foolish of them not to make it go all the way to the top or inaccessible to non-raiders.

If they've the balls to do it they should make those dragonriding races award those crafting drops too at the highest levels.
    I think they should cap out mythic level gear to only highest end pvp and +20s maybe. BUT everyone else should have access to heroic raid level gear without having to do that content even if it takes a bit longer or is a bit harder in ancillary content to do so.

Kind of like in BfA how weekly pvp quests eventually gave heroic raid level gear as did horrific visions with 5 masks. I think those kind of things are perfectly fine and in fact encourage more people to dip their feet into the more competitive game scene which otherwise they have no chance of doing if they're locked at normal raid level gear or below without organized content.

As to the thread at hand: I'm SO FREAKING GLAD they're bringing all the borrowed power stuff to our talent trees like how it used to be before they talent trees in wod and brought in borrowed power in legion. It's only a good thing to be able to play your spec to 90% optimization without having to get that late and great raid trinket and best azerite powers and final artifact tree trait etc.

I do hope though they do more with things like dragon riding and crafting to create it's own little end game for those that don't have as much time for organized content. I know I would be ecstatic if I could work my way slowly but steadily towards eventually being geared enough to jump into heroic raiding again without going through the insane gearing treadmill raiding, mythic+ and getting decimated in pvp is.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2022-09-03 at 07:45 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

I already created a forum post about how afraid i am about endgame content in wow, and sadly i was totally right about it: They removed borrowed power and gave us instead nothing. Borrowed Power is shit, but nothing is shit too.

Renown is only a polished reputation-version of it, with 0 gameplay value, and there is no way to get stuff of value out of the outdoor content: yes, a few items with low ilvl from an event, and a vendor with higher gear where you can get weekly exactly 0,8 pieces of it (you get 4 currency, each item costs 5)

And that's it in terms of progression. I don't have any idea how good profession gear will be if you don't raid and have items from these, so why should i even care. The lack of power upgrades is happy fun time for raiders again, but a big spit in the face for everyone else. That does not make me want to get back borrowed power like shitty soulbinds or other kind of stuff, but why can't we not even get back a power system like in 8.2 where you can get glyphs and other stuff to maybe have a different kind of progression that is not borrowed but permanent.

Right now sadly i was right and endgame content really sucks in DF. Leveling will be a breeze, Dragonriding will be fun, but i doubt that there is any reason to keep playing after you reach max level and loremaster in the zones. And for this to spend 63 Euros... no thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Velerios View Post
    And that's it in terms of progression. I don't have any idea how good profession gear will be if you don't raid and have items from these, so why should i even care. The lack of power upgrades is happy fun time for raiders again, but a big spit in the face for everyone else. That does not make me want to get back borrowed power like shitty soulbinds or other kind of stuff, but why can't we not even get back a power system like in 8.2 where you can get glyphs and other stuff to maybe have a different kind of progression that is not borrowed but permanent.
    Full heroic in every slot. You have no idea because you don't want to have any idea, what with me saying this will be available TWO POSTS above.

Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    Maybe.

But maybe the solution to "this system fucking SUCKS!" isn't necessarily having NO system. If I'm at a restaurant and get a turd sandwich, I'll complain; but if I come the next day and get NO FOOD AT ALL that didn't exactly solve the problem, did it.

We'll have to see.
    It's more like you're at a restaurant and get a steak with awful sauce on it that takes over the taste of the steak. Since they were using the sauce, no need to season the bulk of the meal - the steak. Next meal you have the same steak without the awful sauce taking over the dish, but with proper seasoning and can therefore enjoy the taste of the steak itself without the awful sauce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    No. It will simply be dungeons and raids, and nothing else. They removed components like Torghast, Warfronts and Islands based on the fallacy they could not exist without the broken borrowed power systems. Sure they could. The devs just want to lower their effort to develop new expacs.

Result is that there will be even less endgame for casual gamers in DF than in WOD.
    Didn't they just hire an entire studio to work on WoW? And they are lowering their effort? Please explain how you know that and what evidence you have. I've given evidence to the contrary so let me know what you come up with.

Mythic +++++++++++++ brooo 24/7 brrrrrrr. Til your head melts

Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    It's more like you're at a restaurant and get a steak with awful sauce on it that takes over the taste of the steak. Since they were using the sauce, no need to season the bulk of the meal - the steak. Next meal you have the same steak without the awful sauce taking over the dish, but with proper seasoning and can therefore enjoy the taste of the steak itself without the awful sauce.

- - - Updated - - -

Didn't they just hire an entire studio to work on WoW? And they are lowering their effort? Please explain how you know that and what evidence you have. I've given evidence to the contrary so let me know what you come up with.
    They should provide a reason to log in and play outside of gameplay, the game is figured out meaning guides will be released before the content even ships so they have to be ahead of the curve to maintain people which borrowed powers were meant to achieve. You have 20 mins today? log in do 4-8 world quests and be done vs not even logging in at all. Granted i only play WoW when my sub is active ( its active until i get KSM then i have beaten the game until next season ) which is why i am now enjoying some JRPG's i missed out on.

Quote Originally Posted by ldev View Post

Did they change it?
    From what we know the original intent was that you could have up to five crafted pieces of higher quality. You could get the reagents to level those all the way to Heroic ilvl in a variety of ways, including by playing in the elite areas in the open world (each Renown faction seems tied to 2-3 different elite areas). Not sure if that would just be grinding or if it would be event based. You could upgrade them all the way to Mythic ilvl but that part was only from Mythic raiding. Most slots seemed to have TWO versions of that craftable gear; one was simple stats and the other had a unique effect.

With the change to beta they have changed their mind on this and now you will be able to equip these crafted pieces for EVERY slot but you will only be able to equip the ones with the unique effects on a max of two slots. This is probably for the best since the unique effects did appear in tier slots so if you could have had five we'd be seeing a lot of locked item slots which is never fun. So the current design is that you can grind your way to full Heroic Ilvl without doing instances including two items with unique effects.

Honestly, i don't think the game needs new systems. It needs to improve the ones it has.
    The problem is this dev team often does one step forward, two steps back.
    The forge and the deterministic loot are stuff they need to keep and at this moment, it's anyone's guess if they will.
    What i dislike the most is the cycle of releasing an unrewarding game to later fix it.