Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HansOlo View Post
    Have you heard the proverb - you sound like if satan would read up from the bible?

Maybe stop having an opinion and move on? You know spend that energy on mobile games or whatever?

I really can't see what you want from the game.
    People saying that proverb probably didn't read the bible. That's still the book with the most different mass killing perpetrated by a described all loving protagonist.

Anyway. You ask me to not have an opinion ? What kind of weird thinking is that.
    The original post of the thread point out that dragonthing will be great because of the shadowland endpatch, while pretty much all endpatch are full of broken "fun" things that don't stay in the next expansion.
    And there is nothing actually casual stuff friendly announced for the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarba View Post
    People saying that proverb probably didn't read the bible. That's still the book with the most different mass killing perpetrated by a described all loving protagonist.

Anyway. You ask me to not have an opinion ? What kind of weird thinking is that.
    The original post of the thread point out that dragonthing will be great because of the shadowland endpatch, while pretty much all endpatch are full of broken "fun" things that don't stay in the next expansion.
    And there is nothing actually casual stuff friendly announced for the next expansion.
    I'm just curious how you would fix the things you are criticizing? It's central elements - like if I would criticize soccer, because people are using thier feet.

I'm just curious how you would fix the things you are criticizing? It's central elements - like if I would criticize soccer, because people are using thier feet.
    It's central to the game to add boring grindy stuff to then fixing it by making it less boring patchs later, while also adding a new boring grindy stuff and making it less boring later on ?

It's not central to the game. It's central to their communication planning.

And how does your comment have anything to do with the post I was referring to, stating that dragonthing will be fun for casuals because of the fun endpatch of shadowland ? While it's common for endpatches and never port to the next expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Djuntas View Post
    And this is how out of the loop I am. Still corruption was a lot of fun, blizzard should just take more risk, do some whacky goofy shit, but they are to corporate spreadsheet designing as we all know.
    Bro... just 2 posts earlier you said "blizz should do corruption stuff" - then someone said they kind of did just for you to say "ok but they could do some more goofy stuff" - unstatisfiable

It's central to the game to add boring grindy stuff to then fixing it by making it less boring patchs later, while also adding a new boring grindy stuff and making it less boring later on ?

And how does your comment have anything to do with the post I was referring to, stating that dragonthing will be fun for casuals because of the fun endpatch of shadowland ? While it's common for endpatches and never port to the next expansion.
    You are obviously not interested and that is why im curious.

I mean they are not going to reinvent WoW? What do you expect here exactly?

This will probably smash your jaw into the table below but so far this "pattern" isn't to be seen on the DF alpha (at least for character power relevant stuff.)

But I guess we'll see, torghast was apparently also a lot more fun before it went live.

- - - Updated - - -

They constantly iterate on the game though, FF14 lit a massive fire under their arses and you can see that in the DF changes.

Played the game for quite some time. I still follow the story from a far. And I'm still looking if they try to go in the right direction with adding fun element to motivate players to play instead of common game addiction tropes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    I'd like to give credit to developers for finally getting in sync with casual player base. Couple things (among other) that stands out.

• Tier set forge
    • Uncapped valor S4

These and other few good changes indicates that Blizzard finally understands that removing previously existing briers is a good thing. What can casual player do with more gear?

• Stay subscribed.
    • Go do solo older content.
    • Join mythic plus groups.
    • Engage in activities that has power limits (brawlers guild, etc)
    • Have more motivation in general to engage in current content including raiding.

And because power rocks, player can finally do whatever they want with it. It feels good to be powerful rather than memeing around like a scrub.
    All completely fake points, only done because it's end of expac. Easy gear is actually bad for longevity at any other period because it turns 4-6-8-10 weeks of prog/effort/content into a 2 day affair. This is also why they gate LFR so it doesn't end in 1 day and people unsub., same logic.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

Quote Originally Posted by ulululu View Post
    Bro... just 2 posts earlier you said "blizz should do corruption stuff" - then someone said they kind of did just for you to say "ok but they could do some more goofy stuff" - unstatisfiable
    Stuff that only works in 1 thing, mythic+, something most people dont care about or wants to do

I figure these mythic+ affixes and stuff dont even matter outside mythic+ 8-10, only till then ppl even bother about it doing it correct...
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Caprias View Post
    This will probably smash your jaw into the table below but so far this "pattern" isn't to be seen on the DF alpha (at least for character power relevant stuff.)

But I guess we'll see, torghast was apparently also a lot more fun before it went live.

- - - Updated - - -

They constantly iterate on the game though, FF14 lit a massive fire under their arses and you can see that in the DF changes.
    WoW is going back to it's roots. That is the game direction - if anything, it's very obvious that the devs are focused on the presenting the old school idenity of WoW during DF. The lore also speaks for a "soft reset".

I really pleases me that they don't invent more and instead mastering the core elements. It might feel like "there is nothing new" - but you don't keep putting new things in a good pasta bolognese either. It's perfect as it is - just go get a pineapple pizza instead.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-08-24 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    I think they can be given basically 15s gear from world content, just stagger it at a slow pace. Who cares if an alt or someone gets his 304 ilvl items 3 or 4 months into the patch.
    I mean one 304ivl per two weeks or something? Fine.
    As long as it's not RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Daffan View Post
    All completely fake points, only done because it's end of expac. Easy gear is actually bad for longevity at any other period because it turns 4-6-8-10 weeks of prog/effort/content into a 2 day affair. This is also why they gate LFR so it doesn't end in 1 day and people unsub., same logic.
    Somebody threw an "end expansion bone" earlier and everyone is lining up on dragging it so that they can confirm whatever they want to confirm.

On topic: Give Blizzard credit, acknowledge the good things that is happening right now and then perhaps they are willing to work with us in future. You don't have to go with these absolutes and fake compares, 1% better is still an improvement.
    Last edited by neik; 2022-08-24 at 01:45 PM.

Tier set forge and uncapped valor isn't part of any casual matchmade or solo content, it's part of the content that those who play the game seriously partake in, not for those that play the game casually.

Once again the casuals got fuck all. Unless they return to the pre WOD design philosophy they shouldn't expect to get any casual players back from FFXIV

Stop thinking they don't understand issues because they understand a lot more than you think. Everything they do is a calculated manipulative tactic. Just uninstall and save yourself the headache.

Quote Originally Posted by neik View Post
    On topic: Give Blizzard credit, acknowledge the good things that is happening right now and then perhaps they are willing to work with us in future.
    No, I don't think so. Blizzard has done this sort of thing, only to walk it back, too many times. It can't be taken as a sign of any kind of real change in their game design.

So, no, I'm not going to give them the benefit of the doubt. Not anymore.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

This is BS, "casuals" are still getting shit gear compared to Ion's pet raiders and m+ buddies. The exclusivism will never end as long as our chief elitist jerk is at the helm
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Biden is a creepy old dude, I will not be voting for the guy.
    ^ This is from a self-proclaimed Trump-hater who goes round vote-policing, berating and insulting other users for expressing their doubts and reservations about Joe Biden. He also urges others to end relationships and friendships just to "vote Trump out". https://ibb.co/2jRnZGC He can't seem to walk the talk himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Echo of Soul View Post
    Tier set forge and uncapped valor isn't part of any casual matchmade or solo content, it's part of the content that those who play the game seriously partake in, not for those that play the game casually.

Once again the casuals got fuck all. Unless they return to the pre WOD design philosophy they shouldn't expect to get any casual players back from FFXIV
    How? With the forge+uncapped valor you can play as you please. If it was weekly capped, you would end up feeling forced doing dungeons every week until cap. Without the forge, you would be forced to raid(lfr aint raiding) to obtain them. I got most of my set for main without playing seriously, at all. Im at best a decent player and I dont have any desire to push highest ilevel either. Yet, my main sits with most tier gear without that much effort.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    This is BS, "casuals" are still getting shit gear compared to Ion's pet raiders and m+ buddies. The exclusivism will never end as long as our chief elitist jerk is at the helm
    Meh, I dont know. Wow has always required of players to ender raid(s) to obtain best gear. Over the years theres been variations and other avenues to obtain it, but the jist of it has always been; Raid to get BIS.

Why alot of people are so hung up on getting BIS every xpac/patch is beyond me though. Most players dont really need it and it gets replaced. Always. But thats another debate.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    So, you want a vendor that give you free 304 ilevel gear? why do you want high ilevel if you are a 'casual'

Quote Originally Posted by kaelix1 View Post
    So, you want a vendor that give you free 304 ilevel gear? why do you want high ilevel if you are a 'casual'
    No idea why people want it. Right now its fairly easy to obtain gear. It requires very little from each player. Now, if you want BIS, thats another case. But why would you need that? Theres really no need for it for most players.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    M+ is amazing for casual players. IMo the only issue is that it is poor for casual players who play intermittently. If you want to log in a couple of times per week and play about an hour M+ is great as long as you don't stop playing for long periods of time and you are around for expansion launch.
    However if you are not around at expansion launch or if you take longer breaks you are just not going to keep the routes in mind. It can work for dps, especially for ranged dps but good luck tanking.

Then again perhaps you just cannot tank casually.
    If casual gameplay means having long breaks every now and then, I think the same problem applies to almost every game. And MMORPGS are probably the worst ones due to character progression being a thing. However, I think MMORPGS are those types of games where they simply aren't made for people who want to hop in for short period every 4 months.

Didn't play cs for several months? You forget smoke spots and calls. Haven't played league of legends for several months? You forgrt itemization and counterpicks. Havent played age of empires 2? You forget hotkeys.