Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Free upgrade to Shadowlands - check your launcher.

Please remove if I'm breaking any rules, but Blizzard is upgrading all WoW accounts that ever had a license attached to it to Shadowlands. You don't even need an active sub.

https://www.wowhead.com/news/return-...ber-5th-328466

I know SL would have been added to the base game before the DF launch anyway, but you can get it a couple of months early I guess.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian Rayne View Post
    Please remove if I'm breaking any rules, but Blizzard is upgrading all WoW accounts that ever had a license attached to it to Shadowlands. You don't even need an active sub.

I know SL would have been added to the base game before the DF launch anyway, but you can get it a couple of months early I guess.
    Worth mentioning. This offer does NOT work if you have already added Shadowlands to your Battle.net account.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

You also get a level 50 boost, which gets you right to the start of SL
    Quote Originally Posted by Addiena
    Whats the saying .. You have two brain cells and they are both fighting for third place !

I understand their logic with this, but honestly, its a bit strange to do so much to draw back old players who never purchased SL but did purchase 1 or more previous expansions (the criteria to get free SL), but do NOTHING for those who bought SL, but left because they were unhappy. Strange, imo.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Worth mentioning. This offer does NOT work if you have already added Shadowlands to your Battle.net account.
    Correct, and only if you have previously purchased at least one other expansion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

My friend was literally gonna buy it the other day but couldn't because of some card trouble! Thanks for the good news

Quote Originally Posted by arkanon View Post
    I understand their logic with this, but honestly, its a bit strange to do so much to draw back old players who never purchased SL but did purchase 1 or more previous expansions (the criteria to get free SL), but do NOTHING for those who bought SL, but left because they were unhappy. Strange, imo.
    Isn't this normal with all marketing stuff (phone plans, streaming services, ...)? Existing customers never get anything, they never even gets their rates lowered to that of new custormers while new customers get all kind of bonusses, goodies and so on.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    Isn't this normal with all marketing stuff (phone plans, streaming services, ...)? Existing customers never get anything, they never even gets their rates lowered to that of new custormers while new customers get all kind of bonusses, goodies and so on.
    Never get anything? YOu mean like getting a mount every 6 months for subbing? Existing customers absolutely do get something.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Never get anything? YOu mean like getting a mount every 6 months for subbing? Existing customers absolutely do get something.
    But that is a resub thing, you get nothing if you are subscribed for 15 years, only for your new sub and only if you commit for 6 months. It's not for existing customers, everyone can take this offer.

That's still too expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    I`ve been subbed for years, never gotten a mount for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    You need to buy the 6 months subscription or have it active on your account in order to get the mount.

Quote Originally Posted by Yriel View Post
    But that is a resub thing, you get nothing if you are subscribed for 15 years, only for your new sub and only if you commit for 6 months. It's not for existing customers, everyone can take this offer.
    Incorrect. IF you are actively subbed, you get the 6 month mount. I have gotten every one.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dejiko View Post
    You have to choose the 6 month sub option.

10+ Year Old Account
    For the 6-month Mount, you have to buy the sub. You can cancel the sub after buying it and keep the mount I believe though.

Not true.

I got it and I bought SL + DF Heroic bundle last week.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Not true.

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/ne...adowlands-free
    In no way are you entitled to the 'complete' game when you buy it, because DLC/cosmetics and so on are there for companies to make more money
    Others, including myself, are saying that they only exist because Blizzard needed to create things so they could monetize it.

SL is the current Expac ... and two weeks of "unlock" time. Seems like a trial offer, and would simply unlock it for anyone still on BFA or earlier, which could be a few people. But you get two weeks to hit 60 and experience some end game content. Not a horrible Sub grab idea, but looks kinda desperate.
    “Be the change you want to see in the world.” ~ Mahatma Gandhi

10+ Year Old Account
    For the 6-month Mount, you have to buy the sub. You can cancel the sub after buying it and keep the mount I believe though.

Not true.

Then you are the lucky one, for hundreds say that they cannot because they have Shadowlands added to their Battle.net account with a different license.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mechagnome View Post
    SL is the current Expac ... and two weeks of "unlock" time. Seems like a trial offer, and would simply unlock it for anyone still on BFA or earlier, which could be a few people. But you get two weeks to hit 60 and experience some end game content. Not a horrible Sub grab idea, but looks kinda desperate.
    It is nothing new. They've been giving away expansions at the end of each expansion since Cataclysm at either free or so damn low that your card fee is most likely more than the expansion. It is to give people a chance to catch up/play season 4 before (if the leak is correct) pre-patch in October.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is, I was on 60-days prepaid when I bought the SL + DF Heroic Bundle last week for my secondary WoW account (I'm a shameless altoholic). The Free SL Base Edition + Level 50 character boost was released earlier this week. Either way, I still would've had to buy the SL + DF bundle for one of my two accounts.

Then you are the lucky one, for hundreds say that they cannot because they have Shadowlands added to their Battle.net account with a different license.
    Hmm...well, both of my accounts are over 10 years old each. I'm assuming that was factored. Though, in my case I literally just bought the SL + DF Heroic Edition bundle last week. I actually thought Blizz gifted mt SL + Level 50 Character boost because I opened a ticket after I made my purchase. I only just found out it wasn't just me who was offered the free upgrade.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

SNIP
    Im just linking you the criteria directly from Blizzard. You are clearly misunderstanding something.

Wait, so I can get Shadowlands and all its content if I am not subscribed to the game, never purchased Shadowlands, but I have WoW installed on my PC?