Poll: Who will be the new leader of the Black Dragonflight?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Allegiance to Wrathion or Sabellian in Dragonflight

Hi everyone!

It seems that in Dragonflight during a WQ, players will get to choose whether they will pledge their allegiance to either Wrathion or Sabellian as leader of the Black Dragonflight. As such I was curious to see who's the most popular choice amongst the playerbase?

I have also added Ebyssian/Ebonhorn as a third entry, even though he does not seem to be a contender, he's a pretty popular choice amongst players.

So, who do you think will lead the Black Dragonflight and why? And most of all, will that new leader also become the new aspect of the Black Dragonflight?

You can answer through the poll above and comment further below!

1+ Year Old Account
    Not Ebonhorn. The guy is a total noob. He's a servant, not a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    Not Ebonhorn. The guy is a total noob.
    He's also the oldest uncorrupted black dragon as far as I know, that has to count for something

1+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrad Wagner View Post
    He's also the oldest uncorrupted black dragon as far as I know, that has to count for something
    And he spent all that time watching over a bunch of cows. No ambitions whatsoever, he's a servant.

And he spent all that time watching over a bunch of cows. No ambitions whatsoever, he's a servant.
    One could also argue that compared to Sabellian and Wrathion who are quite full of themselves, he's a more stable and peaceful choice. But yeah, he didn't do much during all those years, that definitely doesn't play in his favour.

Sabellian.

I liked Wrathion at first but he's too young and reckless to lead. I would prefer his story instead involves him maturing and coming back to be leader one day. Plus I am glad the whole Sabellian plot isn't something they just forgot existed. So he gets my vote just for consistency.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion does have a point tho.. he helped with a bunch of shit.. including the whole last old god stuff and more. Sure, he was a prick and showed up when he wanted to, but he did help us a big deal. Idk if the age of of wrathion realy matters if you see what he already did.

I mean in the end.. it was always kinda in our minds to have wrathion be the black dragonflight leader, he had quite some exposure and why else would they let us spend so much time with him and show us he is not corrupted and will fight for it. At this point it seems like a nice conclusion for him tbh.

Sabellian seems cool, but hes outland story right now seems little meh, but thats probably for me, because he literally just showed up and we never knew much about him until now. I He just didnt do much in the game at all before, so imo it remains to be seen if he will get enough build up and let him do cool things. I will wait with my judgement as I havent paid much attention to the questing yet. So idk if he shows up in other leveling quests etc.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-08-24 at 10:04 PM.

Wraithion is out, far as I'm concerned. He's far too rash and willing to "go too far" to get things done. Sorry, but the simple fact that he lent his hand to Garrosh and his Horde rules him out for me.

Sabellian in a heartbeat. As a Horde player, I would never choose an Alliance loyalist Wrathion. Besides, Sabellian is right that this arrogant whelp needs a lesson in humility.

7+ Year Old Account
    I guess wrathion since i don't even know who this sabellian guy even is.

One could also argue that compared to Sabellian and Wrathion who are quite full of themselves, he's a more stable and peaceful choice. But yeah, he didn't do much during all those years, that definitely doesn't play in his favour.
    Blizzard writers can't write 'stable and peaceful' for shit. Look at what happened to Vol'jin. An expansion with him completely shelved, and brought back only to get speared by a random demon mook.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion is the guy that shows up at the last minute when he’s needed the most. He’s a fighter but he’s never led a flight. A strategy doesn’t make him a leader. Sabellian wasn’t there to save Azeroth but he was protecting the uncorrupted clutch who I don’t think Wrathion should lay claim to.

Given that we’re going into the Dragon Isles, Sabellian has better knowledge and established relationships than Wrathion. Sabellian won’t have trouble gaining the trust from the Aspects and dracthyr.

I have to be honest, this gave me a good laugh.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Blizzard writers can't write 'stable and peaceful' for shit. Look at what happened to Vol'jin. An expansion with him completely shelved, and brought back only to get speared by a random demon mook.
    To be fair that's what happened to Varian as well, Gul'dan just finished the job.

Sabellian. Wrathion's got some good intentions at times but he's messed up royally several times.

He tried to have both the Alliance and Horde fight it out so he could have the winner absorb the loser for his army, yet he failed at that. He then worked with Kairoz and the Infinite flight in breaking Garrosh out, which didn't go as planned either as he somehow never really gave much thought about Garrosh maybe not doing what he was told to do. Which then led to AU-Gul'dan getting flung into the portal, sent to Azeroth and bringing in the Legion. Which led to a long conga line of issues (Sargeras stabbing the planet, Jailer's plans being advanced, etc).

Yeah sure he helped with N'Zoth. Honestly the least he could do since he set off the dominos that led to in in the first place.

He's got good intentions but his efforts have done pretty much the reverse of what he wanted to do, protecting Azeroth.

And finally he utterly failed at his effort to kill off all members of his flight, too. Though he was pretty recently hatched so I'll give him a pass there.

Sabellian's got my vote.

Sabellian, he is the older dragon and a OG black dragon.
    Next to that Wrathion betrayed the Horde in the past and has been the mind behind WoD its a wonder that we dont kill him on sight.

And the moment he got near a bit of corruption he got corrupted and had to be saved. Twice.

- - - Updated - - -

Anyway the choice doesn't seem to be mutually exclusive since it is a world quest. I might keep them both even. Wrathion IS right after all; the charge of the Dragonflights was to protect Azeroth, not themselves. Sabellian simply wants to protect his flight.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-08-25 at 10:01 AM.

I feel like everyone voting for Sabellian has forgotten that he has done all the same shit as Wrathion, but for actually villainous reasons and as an "older" and "more mature" dragon.

This is a guy who has zero problem manipulating and exploiting everything around him, who was actively on the side of Deathwing and still openly talks about upholding his legacy, and who spent all of his time in self-imposed exile obsessively seeking revenge--during which helping other Black Dragons was a secondary concern he outsourced to his assistant to outsource to whoever they could find because he had "larger issues" to deal with.

Like you dorks are worried about Wrathion being rash in trying to stop the burning Legion and Old Gods. But are picking someone who was rash, trying to help Deathwing fuck up two entire worlds. You're holding the fact that Wrathion chose the Alliance against him, but then picking a guy who also sided with your enemy against you, and was only friendly because he needed a stooge willing to go risk death for his revenge plot after trying to exploit and manipulate the Cenarion Circle didn't work. A guy whose response to people "not bending the knee" is, literally "destroy them".

Christ, Onyxia was also good at politics and being a figurehead, had experience with leading other black dragons, knew how to get things done and didn't act rashly or young. Might as well elect her while you're at it. Why would you ever pick a literal villain over someone who's royally fucked up several times attempting to save the entire world, and then also has helped save the entire world, who is also the only Black Dragon in the past ~10,000 years to actually manage to do the job they were assigned?

"Wrathion is a bit too young and hot-headed, so let's give control of the Black Dragons back to an old and hot-headed Deathwing-loyalist who has done nothing but lie to anyone nearby." Insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    I feel like everyone voting for Sabellian has forgotten that he has done all the same shit as Wrathion, but for actually villainous reasons and as an "older" and "more mature" dragon.

This is a guy who has zero problem manipulating and exploiting everything around him, who was actively on the side of Deathwing and still openly talks about upholding his legacy, and who spent all of his time in self-imposed exile obsessively seeking revenge--during which helping other Black Dragons was a secondary concern he outsourced to his assistant to outsource to whoever they could find because he had "larger issues" to deal with.

Like you dorks are worried about Wrathion being rash in trying to stop the burning Legion and Old Gods. But are picking someone who was rash, trying to help Deathwing fuck up two entire worlds. You're holding the fact that Wrathion chose the Alliance against him, but then picking a guy who also sided with your enemy against you, and was only friendly because he needed a stooge willing to go risk death for his revenge plot after trying to exploit and manipulate the Cenarion Circle didn't work. A guy whose response to people "not bending the knee" is, literally "destroy them".

Christ, Onyxia was also good at politics and being a figurehead, had experience with leading other black dragons, knew how to get things done and didn't act rashly or young. Might as well elect her while you're at it. Why would you ever pick a literal villain over someone who's royally fucked up several times attempting to save the entire world, and then also has helped save the entire world, who is also the only Black Dragon in the past ~10,000 years to actually manage to do the job they were assigned?

"Wrathion is a bit too young and hot-headed, so let's give control of the Black Dragons back to an old and hot-headed Deathwing-loyalist who has done nothing but lie to anyone nearby." Insane.

This.

Sure, Wrathion has screwed up in the implementation a few times, but his heart and head are generally in the right place. He's interested in helping everyone as a whole, and is willing to work with non-dragons to try and get shit done. As he gets older and gets more experience (because remember he was literally making plans as a whelpling), he's becoming wiser and developing less impulsive plans of action.

Sabellian's whole thing is that he protected a clutch of dragon eggs on Outland. And manipulated people into getting revenge for himself. He didn't try to improve anything, and hell, didn't even try to help the netherdrakes who are essentially just magic-infused black dragons, which would make them kin.

So what if you want to say, "okay, they both screwed up in the past, it's time to look to the future." Fair point, so let's do that. BELIEVE SOMEONE WHEN THEY TELL YOU WHO THEY ARE. When trying to get your loyalty, Sabellian's first response is "Look! I have a bunch of uncorrupted black dragons! I will develop the black dragon flight!" Wrathion's response is "Look! I tried to save Azeroth from demons and old gods!" Sabellian looks inwards towards his black dragons, while Wrathion looks outwards towards the greater world. We're not electing a brood-tender; we're electing an ASPECT. We need another Earthwarder. We need someone who can look towards Azeroth as a whole and the bigger picture. We can't afford to have an inward-looking dragonflight any more.

As for Ebonhorn, he has made it very clear that his family isn't really the black dragon flight; it's the highmountain tauren. That's his family, and I would not be the one to rip him from it. He's a nice guy, but he works as an adviser, not as a leader.

Wrathion... He's cute, not entirely sure who this Sabellion is..

By the end of the expac, it’ll be wrathion. Regardless of player choice, blizz has put too much into that character not to make him the leader, or final boss