Poll: Who will be the new leader of the Black Dragonflight?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    What's the point of building up Wration over numerous expansions just to shove him back in dragon expansion for the sake of someone most players don't even recognize?

I would have to wait until I actually see more of what Sabellian is all about in Dragonflight before I decide definitively, but for now, I'll probably be more on Wrathion's side considering I'm more familiar with him.

Black dragons can't be completely trusted as a given. However, Wrathion, in spite of the recklessness of his means, does care about protecting Azeroth, and has more or less good intentions. He's shown at least that much. I don't know Sabellian's intentions. I barely know Sabellian himself, beyond his hatred for the gronn of Outland and his former loyalty to Deathwing, the latter of which is kinda difficult to hold against him, but neither of which do him any particular favors in considering him for to take Deathwing's place as Aspect. At least in my opinion. Which is why I want to see more of him and how he handles himself in Dragonflight.

I do think it could be interesting though if, ultimately, neither of them took on the charge of Aspect, and Ebyssian ended up with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynical Asshole View Post
    And he spent all that time watching over a bunch of cows. No ambitions whatsoever, he's a servant.
    Kind of trapped there cause the Old gods kept trying to convert him and I bet Highmountain is the only sanctuary he can to get away from their influence.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    What's the point of building up Wration over numerous expansions just to shove him back in dragon expansion for the sake of someone most players don't even recognize?
    They kind of really fucked up with him I think. He was a favorite and a lot of people were interested in how a rogue dragon willing to do anything to stop the legion would react to the legion invading.

...Then they forgot he existed and clumsily shoved him into an old god plot where admittedly he sort of fit in but shouldn't of just appeared as that patch started.

I don't really know why they feel compelled to offer a choice here either. It isnt like the other character has a lot of lore just one quest chain from tbc.

ill go with Sabellian / Baron Sablemane, because i have no idea who they are

i dont care for wrathion at all, and annoys me from MOP

Ebonhorn would be the best choice, but the leadership role plain and simply doesn't seem to agree with him personally.

Which means that Sabellian must prevail to save us from that fool, Wrathion. Hopefully they won't neuter Sabellian too much in the process (they will).

10+ Year Old Account
    I shall continue to follow Wrathion, at least on my main mage.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Because if Wrathion is not contested on his goal of becoming Aspect of his non-existing flight, where is the drama?

Definitely Wrathion. The black dragonflight will be far stronger when he eventually marries Anduin and joins with the might of the Alliance.

Wrathion has an awful track record.

• Supported Garrosh's Horde - an unstable warmongering regime of hunter-gather savages - thinking that they would somehow have a better chance against a cosmic invading Legion than the Alliance - a stable industrial superpower. He was mistaken.
    • Conspired with Kairoz to create an alternate timeline Draenor, believing that more genocidal savages could conquer Azeroth and fight off the Legion. He was mistaken (the Iron Horde gets co-opted by the Legion!).
    • When the actual Legion invasion of Azeroth begins, Azeroth not only easily fends off the invasion (no cities lost whatsoever!), but winds up vanquishing it.

Listen, Wrathion is a fun personality to hang around and chat with, but he is an extremely amoral person and a terrible judge military capability and shouldn't be trusted with any major leadership positions like being the head of a Dragonflight. Besides, Sabellian and Ebonhorn have seniority over Wrathion, and have actual leadership experience to boot. Ebonhorn doesn't lead other dragons though, so Sabellian edges out.

Sabellian for Aspect of Earth.

- - - Updated - - -

My biggest fear is that Wrathion will become the head of the Blacks despite how nonsensical it is, simply because he is the most popular Black Dragon character, like how Sylvanas was shoehorned into becoming Warchief despite how nonsensical that was.

Wrathion is a dipshit and the little bit of a redemption at the end of BfA is not enough to make up for all the mop/wod shit he pulled. Besides his character is pretty much a walking trope of a free angent/eminence in the shadows, making him the leader of the black flight would just make him another character that gets forced out of the smal niche they work in. Maybe in another 10 to 20 years, they may even have at least one competent writer by then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Val the Moofia Boss View Post
    My biggest fear is that Wrathion will become the head of the Blacks despite how nonsensical it is, simply because he is the most popular Black Dragon character, like how Sylvanas was shoehorned into becoming Warchief despite how nonsensical that was.
    I think that is sadly the most likely outcome here and it will probably work as well as Sylvanas.
    You are welcome, Metzen. I hope you won't fuck up my underground expansion idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Janitor View Post
    Wrathion is a dipshit and the little bit of a redemption at the end of BfA is not enough to make up for all the mop/wod shit he pulled. Besides his character is pretty much a walking trope of a free angent/eminence in the shadows, making him the leader of the black flight would just make him another character that gets forced out of the smal niche they work in. Maybe in another 10 to 20 years, they may even have at least one competent writer by then.

- - - Updated - - -

I think that is sadly the most likely outcome here and it will probably work as well as Sylvanas.
    This, pretty much.

I mean a leader should be able to take responsibility, Wrathion has shown barely anything of the sort despite having been useful in a pinch every so often.
    Hell he pretty much brought the Legion down upon us with his hairbrained attempts of preventing it.

Sabellian on the other hand has single handedly saved his flight from extinction, has shown diplomacy by working with usually openly hostile mortals as he worked on his flight's restoration, oh and while the Gronn are no old gods or burning legion you are likely better off facing a legion of pitlords and faceless generals than face Gruul alone, especially as a dragon.

It doesn't help Wrathion that his part in Pandaria is now removed, as that does seem to be the start of his popularity and perhaps better written than elsewhere, though i have never found the character impressive personally.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Sabellian. He has more experience, was a Black Dragon willing to work with us years and years before Wrathion was born, and he gives his dragons days off. Sounds like the best boss to me.

Something tells me they're not gonna give Sabellian his own unique model, in both human and dragon form, and they'll end up picking Wrathion as the aspect regardless of what the community votes.
    I'd love to be wrong.

7+ Year Old Account
    Anything but Wrathion

But we all know who blizzard gonna pick, and its wrathion, so its pointless

It's been a couple weeks since this poll went up, and I'm surprised how well Sabellian is doing, despite the vast majority of the WoW playerbase having never known him prior to Dragonflight.

I am indifferent towards this. Don't have issue with either character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    Something tells me they're not gonna give Sabellian his own unique model, in both human and dragon form, and they'll end up picking Wrathion as the aspect regardless of what the community votes.
    I'd love to be wrong.
    If they would like to do more with this character and further develop it. Then I am supportive of of giving him a unique model.

I think while Wrathion is younger and lacks experience, he showed us that he can resist the old gods' corruption, and to become the Black Aspect this is probably the most valuable thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wrathion. He's been a pretty constant presence since MoP.

Also Sabellian is just here for drama. Wrathion is going to come out of the expansion as the leader of the Black Dragonflight.

The loading screen is effectively spoilers that he wins.