Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by MsSideEye View Post
    I can understand that. Everyone has different levels of tolerance when it comes to that stuff. Though in the case of emotes, those are probably the lowest of worries I've got.
    It's quickly approaching the point where I can't actually give a reason for not totally hating it. When I started playing, it wasn't nearly as bad. Most of the stuff on there was past event items and recolors like the different Magitek Reaper mounts that nobody likes, anyway. The only reason I can still say I don't dislike it as much at that other MMO's store is because at least XIV still awards plenty of unique looking, cool mounts, glams and emotes and not just bear reskin #522 locked behind paragon reputation chests or 0.1% rare drop rates in the new zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Likely has to do with how Square cut funding to FFXIV 2 or 3 years ago.

Because Square is ran by morons.
    Myeah. I like XIV and I think CBUIII is generally doing a good job....... in spite of Square Enix.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    It's quickly approaching the point where I can't actually give a reason for not totally hating it. When I started playing, it wasn't nearly as bad. Most of the stuff on there was past event items and recolors like the different Magitek Reaper mounts that nobody likes, anyway. The only reason I can still say I don't dislike it as much at that other MMO's store is because at least XIV still awards plenty of unique looking, cool mounts, glams and emotes and not just bear reskin #522 locked behind paragon reputation chests or 0.1% rare drop rates in the new zone.

- - - Updated - - -

Myeah. I like XIV and I think CBUIII is generally doing a good job....... in spite of Square Enix.
    This doesnt make it any better but I am fairly certain the recent influx of more cash shop items is mostly the doing of the higher ups at Square forcing it.

that said I am somewhat sick of it being the go to complaint from WoW peeps. Its the main unquestionably bad thing about FFXIV and they act like that alone makes FFXIV worse than WoW, and its MOUNTAIN of bad (including cash shop).
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

This thread is about criticisms of FFXIV, it's not about WoW nor is it about comparing WoW to FFXIV explicitly. I'm aware some comparisons will need to be made for the purposes of argument, but let's pivot away from pure "Game vs. Game" debate and refocus the discussion on FFXIV itself.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

This doesnt make it any better but I am fairly certain the recent influx of more cash shop items is mostly the doing of the higher ups at Square forcing it.

that said I am somewhat sick of it being the go to complaint from WoW peeps. Its the main unquestionably bad thing about FFXIV and they act like that alone makes FFXIV worse than WoW, and its MOUNTAIN of bad (including cash shop).
    It mostly bothers me when it's items that could and should have been ingame. Like a goofy item like the Fat Cat outfit? Whatever, put that on the shop. An NPC set? Fine. But stuff that fits in the game like the Pagaga emote that should've been from a sidequest/questline? That stuff irks me.

Especially so when the past few event emotes and the future ones seem to be variations of the same /eat emote, just with a different item.

Field Marshal
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlette View Post
    Best part of this Final Fantasy 14 subforum is now how you just have burner accounts dishonestly shitting on the game while propping up Warcraft.
    Says the account with 2 posts? Really? My account name is the same as IGN, go ahead and Lodestone me if you think I'm some kind of sock puppet.

Quote Originally Posted by KrayZ33 View Post
    I don't know, but you are the one who said classic is more complex.

I find FFXIV to be harder to play than classic for sure mostly due to the fact that it actually IS a strict sequence instead of a priority system. SAM is pretty strict because you will eventually drift out of damage windows and CDs won't line up anymore if you use "Meikyo Shisui" poorly.
    Same thing with "Ikishoten" or not using "Hagakure" properly and not taking into account how many GCDs you couldn't attack (depending on the encounter). Same thing with Higanbana. I can't just reapply it whenever with a click of a button, I need multiple GCDs to reapply the dot if I mess up and that in turn delays my DPS/Cooldown window which you then have to readjust to get back in line.

I mean... I cleared everything by scrolling my mousewheel for 5-10 minutes in BC in each boss figh. It's not even a meme... it was the best way to play my spec.
    Could be that I remember classic being more complicated than it is. I do know that no one raided on Frost, though.

And if that means both halves of WoW are garbage, then that just means both games are garbage and are afraid of giving players interesting/involved DPS cycles. Because Endwalker took the dumbing down from Shadowbringers and made it even dumber. No more thinking or planning involved, just vomit everything during 2 minute raid buffs and then everything lines up automatically from there because all of your oGCDs are divisible by 30 anyway. There's very little room for real optimization anymore, especially since Abyssos decided to make every fight have a boss with a room-wide hitbox so that melee never had to worry about trying to figure out if they could afford to greed a GCD or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    All I need to ask is: what does WoW give you? Years of spamming the same Valentine dungeon from 10 years+ ago for a 0.001% TCG rocket recolor mount?

And some events give less exciting rewards some years because they cycle it out. One year, Valentione gives better rewards, other years, it's All Saints' Wake. And there's always an associated questline with it. Your claim that "people just skim past it anyway" doesn't suddenly do away with that. It's a cop-out.
    You're welcome to go through wikis and find out that you're viewing this with bias. There's entire years where the events were all duds, and there's been years where every event gave us something really cool.

I've always said that XIV is a fantastic game hamstrung by being tied to Square-Enix. I wonder what they could do if not for Square-Enix siphoning off their profits to go make a bonfire out of a Marvel license or something similarly retarded.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    This thread is about criticisms of FFXIV, it's not about WoW nor is it about comparing WoW to FFXIV explicitly. I'm aware some comparisons will need to be made for the purposes of argument, but let's pivot away from pure "Game vs. Game" debate and refocus the discussion on FFXIV itself.
    Except, comparisons between two similar things are one of the most effective ways to discuss anything. There's some XIV fanboys in here that are trying to do the GRR WOW SADBOYS bullshit but you can just ignore or ban them, they aren't saying anything intelligent or useful. I think it's just that a small number of people here are incapable of understanding that criticism of one thing is not praise of another.

Source? Pretty sure Yoshi P is on record as recently as Shadowbringers saying that SE loves the work he does and gave him more funding than ever before?