Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demon Hunter talents in Dragonflight

They finally released the talents for Havoc DHs in Dragonflight. Thoughts on the changes?

https://www.wowhead.com/beta/talent-...n-hunter/havoc

I actually think everything looks really good, with the exception of making "The Hunt" a talent ability for Demon Hunters. Does anyone actually enjoy that shit ability?

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard-ruined-DHs View Post

I actually think everything looks really good, with the exception of making "The Hunt" a talent ability for Demon Hunters. Does anyone actually enjoy that shit ability?
    Me, so at least 1 person.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Each and every talent in the havoc tree is simply trying to unnerf the abilities orginal design. How is it good looking to some people I am curious. Nothing new nothing game changing. Most depressing tree they released so far.
    A very cool signature text.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Me, so at least 1 person.
    Me too, we're with 2 now \o/

Count me as third. Should make it baseline.

I really struggle to understand how someone can enjoy a 1 button big damage spike that has a 2 minute cooldown which a big part of our PvP has been completely balanced around for this entire expansion. Yes so funny waiting for The Hunt to come back just so you can press your 1 button and hope that the burst kills them. Not.

It's like playing Overwatch and waiting for your Q to get to 100% just so you can push the payload/objective. It's incredibly boring. Not to mention it being nature damage and not fitting the class fantasy whatsoever.

a big part of our PvP has been completely balanced around for this entire expansion. Yes so funny waiting for The Hunt to come back just so you can press your 1 button and hope that the burst kills them. Not.
    I don't think NF has been the go-to for basically all of S3 and likely through S4. Bit odd to suggest DH has been balanced around it for the entire expansion.
    Last edited by Soisoisoi; 2022-08-26 at 03:11 AM.

Honestly, I think the Havoc tree is terrible. I like that they brought back a Throw Glaive heavy playstyle, but everything in this tree is so uninspired and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    Each and every talent in the havoc tree is simply trying to unnerf the abilities orginal design. How is it good looking to some people I am curious. Nothing new nothing game changing. Most depressing tree they released so far.
    Most classes share this fate and I always wonder how anyone can praise the new talent trees when it's basically just removing what we once had for given and returning it to us in a fragmented way disguised as talents. It's terrible design.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Honestly, I think the Havoc tree is terrible. I like that they brought back a Throw Glaive heavy playstyle, but everything in this tree is so uninspired and boring.

- - - Updated - - -

Most classes share this fate and I always wonder how anyone can praise the new talent trees when it's basically just removing what we once had for given and returning it to us in a fragmented way disguised as talents. It's terrible design.
    That's what the old talents were like, people just want instant gratification

Quote Originally Posted by Puxycat View Post
    i.. Do kind of feel the same way. 80% of the stuff is passives, and stuff we had before. I feel like at the end of it, im mback to what i did in legion, but still worse..

Quote Originally Posted by Kithelle View Post
    That's what the old talents were like, people just want instant gratification
    ???

From a general standpoint, the old and the new talents are almost exactly the same. The "new" thing is, we have more "passive" talents now that do more than just add 3% crit etc. (although these passives have been baseline for the last decade and are just now turned into talents - lame design, as mentioned).
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

I just played DH in Legion as Flagcarrier for RBG, but i like the hunt. Was a scary codoen, was super when i was able to dodge it and it was fun to see a DH charges at you with "lightspeed" + big damage impact.

I was Thinking about tryint (tank) DH, but when i logged into my 45 dh and reading some guides i get the feeling, that (tank) dh is just a 3-4 key class, with bare any unique/fun gameplay.

5+ Year Old Account
    Not a DH player, but when I look at the Havoc Tree everything seems to just add minor passive effects to existing abilities, I guess sometimes there's some synergy, maybe?

Class tree looks pretty cool tho, sigils for Havoc is nice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    ???

From a general standpoint, the old and the new talents are almost exactly the same. The "new" thing is, we have more "passive" talents now that do more than just add 3% crit etc. (although these passives have been baseline for the last decade and are just now turned into talents - lame design, as mentioned).
    The "classic" talents were all a bunch of passives with a few abilities aka this, the newer talents just cut out the middle man. Instant gratification comes in with being able to push a button after every level instead of every 15

I really struggle to understand how someone can enjoy a 1 button big damage spike that has a 2 minute cooldown which a big part of our PvP has been completely balanced around for this entire expansion. Yes so funny waiting for The Hunt to come back just so you can press your 1 button and hope that the burst kills them. Not.

It's like playing Overwatch and waiting for your Q to get to 100% just so you can push the payload/objective. It's incredibly boring. Not to mention it being nature damage and not fitting the class fantasy whatsoever.
    Because flying over across a large distant and blasting the target is amusing

Some of you will never be happy. Its the one class that never had a real talent tree and the devs needed to put something together. Overall I think they did a good job with the concept and fantasy and am excited to be able to try some of this in Beta if I get the opportunity.

Plus you have access to almost all the really good conduits and all the covenant abilities except Sinful brand are there. Only the bottom point on havoc seems to be a play on the sinful brand ability with elongating Meta.

Given how bare demon hunter as a class is, the trees are definitely better than I expected, with mostly single point node talent choices. That being said though I am still a bit disappointed that nothing is really different, and it will continue to be built around the brain dead single target blade dance build.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    bit disappointed that nothing is really different, and it will continue to be built around the brain dead single target blade dance build.
    Nothing different is so true. But it definitely looks like we have the option of a solid AOE spec or a Solid ST spec. All depends on how it plays out and if Blizz listens and moves some of the items. Like Ragefire definitely looks like an endcap ability for an AOE based playstyle.

All I want is Unbound Chaos to have the visual of the BfA Azerite Trait before it was removed. If you don't recall it created a shadowy duplicate that Fel Rushed into your target a second after you did. It felt powerful... I really hated when they cut it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitedrifter View Post
    Nothing different is so true. But it definitely looks like we have the option of a solid AOE spec or a Solid ST spec. All depends on how it plays out and if Blizz listens and moves some of the items. Like Ragefire definitely looks like an endcap ability for an AOE based playstyle.
    There are definitely a lot of options for big pulls, but demon hunter already has a ton of cleave to begin with, so any more feels like overkill to me. To be honest though, the main reason I was hoping for a no blade dance single target build is that I despise its animation. It looks so ridiculous, especially if something roots you. Your feet are trapped in roots or a big block of ice, you dart around it in a rapid circle, only to land back in the roots or ice and are still unable to move. Either way though, it would have been nice to have some more depth, where you actually play different in different situations or with different numbers of targets. As long as that talent exists, and as long as demon form only buffs chaos strike and blade dance, it feels like nothing will really change. I forget which talent I used in Legion instead of first blood, bloodlet maybe, but it was way more fun.