Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Fresh Realms Announced! TWO Servers!!!

On Tuesday we welcome Skyfury (PVP) for NA and Thekal (PVP) for EU to Classic.

Hope you all like F R E S H Pee Vee Pee
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn, I REALLY was hoping for PvE for a full on proper nostalgia trip. I really do not like world PvP....lol

Wouldnt it be better to give 2 servers per region? with only 1, once its decided whether it will be horde or alliance, you can be shit outta luck if you are on the wrong faction.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Wouldnt it be better to give 2 servers per region? with only 1, once its decided whether it will be horde or alliance, you can be shit outta luck if you are on the wrong faction.
    There is no wrong faction if you have enough players.

Giving players the option to go form single faction servers is exactly the problem a single server prohibits.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    wow server populations is a tricky jigsaw puzzle to solve. they just consolidated a bunch of low-pop servers together. going from that to outright introducing two US empty servers that arent eligible to be transferred to right after realm consolidations is probably too risky of a move that would yield one of them being absolutely empty forever. think doing one new fresh US server is the right move.

Unsurprising. They're going to be staggering the release of these because it's kind of a giant question mark on whether they'll be successful. If we see immediate 10 hour server login queues though I'd wager they have three or four additional servers ready to go.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by NMX- View Post
    wow server populations is a tricky jigsaw puzzle to solve. they just consolidated a bunch of low-pop servers together. going from that to outright introducing two US empty servers that arent eligible to be transferred to right after realm consolidations is probably too risky of a move that would yield one of them being absolutely empty forever. think doing one new fresh US server is the right move.
    I agree with you. They cannot make the same mistake from 2018. And even if the server has a massive queue, I question if they should even introduce a new server. It will collapse on its own to a manage population. Only serious concern will be faction imbalance.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Unsurprising. They're going to be staggering the release of these because it's kind of a giant question mark on whether they'll be successful. If we see immediate 10 hour server login queues though I'd wager they have three or four additional servers ready to go.
    i hope they wont, unless they want to consolidate them in next 4months into 1

Is there an xp boost on these fresh servers?

Just insanity not to offer one PVE server.

The only way these servers survive is if they don't allow transfers off. Otherwise they are wankered within a year.
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

That's wild there's only 1 and its PvP. One faction is definitely getting railroaded.

Quote Originally Posted by JMitchy96 View Post
    Is there an xp boost on these fresh servers?
    Like the JJ buff? It will be active on fresh servers until Wrath Classic goes live

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    The only way these servers survive is if they don't allow transfers off. Otherwise they are wankered within a year.
    I was hoping they would go back on that decision, as it completely invalidates the point of fresh servers to me. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    There is no wrong faction if you have enough players.

Giving players the option to go form single faction servers is exactly the problem a single server prohibits.
    It doesnt work in practice tho - especially since fresh servers are allowed transfers eventually, so as a player you are forced to pay up if you are on the wrong side once population settles.

15+ Year Old Account
    WTB PvE realm, i dont want to be forced to migrate away if i manage to choose the losing faction.

Quote Originally Posted by grandgato View Post
    Just insanity not to offer one PVE server.
    I agree, not everyone likes PvP in a true PvE game.....
    I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. You know, that or, uh, His Dudeness, or uh, Duder, or El Duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing.

I'm curious if their only doing one because of the past Classic realms current issues with population. "Almost" everyone wants to be on a "mega server" so they can do the activities they so desire. Keeping this down to 1 server, they could essentially create a specific mega server with a fresh population and economy. Granted, I would probably prefer a PvE server to tag along side it. I think their decision was due to the Classic Mega servers are mainly PvP ones.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not massively surprised they decided to go with PVP Servers given their popularity and only one given they just did a massive Server Consolidation (Live servers are begging for this).

I'd have liked to see a PVE Server personally, if you chose the weaker faction (likely Alliance) you're screwed as you won't even be able to transfer off. There's also the thing that if these Servers don't get a decent/strong population they'll fall off pretty quickly. With the lack of CRZ and LFD Classic Servers with a small population are beyond dead so better for them to add one, see the interest and add more if required.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    On Tuesday we welcome Skyfury (PVP) for NA and Thekal (PVP) for EU to Classic.

Hope you all like F R E S H Pee Vee Pee
    We should nerf how SinR spells PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Shut up and don't take my money.
    /s