Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roanda View Post
    Just play Legends of Runeterra already...
    Why do you guys put up with this practices? Why? Just why?

Also
    The new premium currency seems to be badly received

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz97...l=RegisKillbin
    The unfortunate reality is, people will get over it. Like when Blizz changed daily quest system. The uproar was pretty big back then, but it died down.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

Why do you guys put up with this practices? Why? Just why?
    because they in no way impact the way i play the game.
    for me, BGs are a nice way to chill out and do what i call 'zen gaming' - i don't have to think about it, i can tab out and browse the internet during turn timers, or i can be watching TV because i don't need to be focused on the game constantly.

i give zero fucks about cosmetics, so the cost and availability of them mean less than nothing to me.
    the 2 hero vs. 4 hero thing ended up not being an issue so that doesn't impact me at all either.

a totally free game that i enjoy playing and can spend hours a night spacing out and playing is awesome and i'm glad it's there, and despite some changes being minor inconveniences it's still a free game with the core mechanics being unchanged.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    The unfortunate reality is, people will get over it. Like when Blizz changed daily quest system. The uproar was pretty big back then, but it died down.
    When they changed them from gold to the battle pass?

Blizzard did end up addressing the issue and fixing it. It didn't die down, it was fixed.

I found this video really entertaining (UwU) just two girls discussing the latest dramas
    Is a new Youtube channel

New feature on the upcoming patch
    You need premium currency to unlock the ability to pick between 4 Heroes at the start.
    Without premium currency you can only pick one of 2 Hero options.

Hearthstone always makes my blood boil...
    Even 4 vs. 2 heroes is not p2win; you can still pick only one, there is nodefinite advantage.
    I agree it is questionable, but it errs on the right side of p2win even if just barely.

It is, however, annoying as hell.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

This change accomplishes nothing but waste more of my time.. no way am I going to waste 20 or more minutes playing a subpar hero with little chance of success. So all this does is make sure I need to, on average, double the amount of times I need to instantly concede. A game that goes out of its way to waste your time, well you start to wonder if it is worth your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetdune View Post
    This change accomplishes nothing but waste more of my time.. no way am I going to waste 20 or more minutes playing a subpar hero with little chance of success. So all this does is make sure I need to, on average, double the amount of times I need to instantly concede. A game that goes out of its way to waste your time, well you start to wonder if it is worth your time.
    So you were just out there starting games and instantly conceding if you didn't get the hero you wanted, because you blame your losses on that?

Good riddance, really.

Blizzard's survey to know "why didn't you buy the battlepass" is hilarious.
    Blame the streamers and content creators...or even friends and family (>_<) but lacking the option why everyone actually hates it

Blizzard's survey to know "why didn't you buy the battlepass" is hilarious.
    Blame the streamers and content creators...or even friends and family (>_<) but lacking the option why everyone actually hates it
    There's an "other" option in pretty much every question, that you can fill in.

And they straight up had other parts like "why do you think hearthstone added runestone" with an option of "to make more money", so it's not like there isn't negative ways to response.

I got the survey myself and it was a pretty decent one honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    There's an "other" option in pretty much every question, that you can fill in.

And they straight up had other parts like "why do you think hearthstone added runestone" with an option of "to make more money", so it's not like there isn't negative ways to response.

I got the survey myself and it was a pretty decent one honestly.
    The options are completely ridiculous and avoiding the entire problem.
    It is kinda hilarious.
    But yeah...there is a "other" option

-I have heard bad things from forums, articles, etc
    -I dont want to spend that much
    -I dont like the cosmetic offerings
    -I didnt realize there was a new season pass
    -I've heard bad things from streams or content creators
    -I dont find enough value in season pass
    -Ive heard bad things from friends and family
    -I dont like the changes made from Perks
    -I dont want to support his game / company

I bolded the funny ones

The options are completely ridiculous and avoiding the entire problem.
    It is kinda hilarious.
    But yeah...there is a "other" option

-I have heard bad things from forums, articles, etc
    -I dont want to spend that much
    -I dont like the cosmetic offerings
    -I didnt realize there was a new season pass
    -I've heard bad things from streams or content creators
    -I dont find enough value in season pass
    -Ive heard bad things from friends and family
    -I dont like the changes made from Perks
    -I dont want to support his game / company

I bolded the funny ones
    How is that avoiding the problem?

You can straight up pick that you don't like the change, and that you don't want to support the game/company anymore.

Basically all the choices allowed multiple choices.

What more do you want? Almost every complaint about the new system would fall under that people don't like the change from perks, being able to buy it with coins, and that they don't want to support the game because of it.
    Last edited by Jester Joe; 2022-09-15 at 11:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    How is that avoiding the problem?

You can straight up pick that you don't like the change, and that you don't want to support the game/company anymore.

Basically all the choices allowed multiple choices.

What more do you want? Almost every complaint about the new system would fall under that people don't like the change from perks, being able to buy it with coins, and that they don't want to support the game because of it.
    "I want Blizzard to stop putting the giant ball of fire in the sky every day"

5+ Year Old Account
    I've been winning without a tavern pass for a while now. Since moving up from fourth to first place is still a win, it's enjoyable to play without exerting undue effort.

7+ Year Old Account
    People have been saying "don't buy pass, just remake the game if you got shit heroes, you loose nothing", and they actually followed that. Vast majority of games I have played got 1-2 peeps missing from the start. Would really not be surprised if Blizz implements a leaver penalty.
    Last edited by Makabreska; 2022-10-21 at 06:25 PM.
    Sometimes, the light of the moon is a key to other spaces. I've found a place where, for a night or two, the streets curve in unfamiliar ways. If I walk here, I might find insight, or I might be touched by madness.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's piss easy to finish top 4 with any character anyways if you're not a total econ potato.

99% of the game is managing your econ + making efficient use of what's dealt to you.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Makabreska View Post
    People have been saying "don't buy pass, just remake the game if you got shit heroes, you loose nothing", and they actually followed that. Vast majority of games I have played got 1-2 peeps missing from the start. Would really not be surprised if Blizz implements a leaver penalty.
    Haven’t played recently but hasn’t that been the case for awhile? Feels like there was almost always one instant leave.
    All I ever wanted was the truth. Remember those words as you read the ones that follow. I never set out to topple my father's kingdom of lies from a sense of misplaced pride. I never wanted to bleed the species to its marrow, reaving half the galaxy clean of human life in this bitter crusade. I never desired any of this, though I know the reasons for which it must be done. But all I ever wanted was the truth.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorgar Aurelian View Post
    Haven’t played recently but hasn’t that been the case for awhile? Feels like there was almost always one instant leave.
    There was some, but it became much more frequent since the season 2 start.

7+ Year Old Account
    I hate pay to wank games.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost of Cow View Post
    So you were just out there starting games and instantly conceding if you didn't get the hero you wanted, because you blame your losses on that?

Good riddance, really.
    I don't blame the losses. I don't give a hoot about the losses. I care about my time. Having four options was already crappy (is RNG ever agood thing? Would the game break if you were able to just select the hero you want to play? And if that means only a certain amount of heroes would be played, maybe that means Blizzard should rebalance those that nobody wants to play).. Also, a huge number of people instantly concede if none of the options is at least of a certain tier.

Quote Originally Posted by Hctaz View Post
    ??? You could previously purchase this bonus with in game currency that you earned by playing the game. They are removing this option altogether, and you can no longer spend earnable in game gold on Battlegrounds at all.

This is super scummy. Hearthstone was always a game that you could play 100% free if you wanted to. The only things locked behind a real money paywall were cosmetic items that didn't impact the gameplay in any way. Card games are always P2W, but Hearthstone at least had the option to earn gold through tons and tons of ingame hours playing the game.

People who are mad about this change are completely justified. They had a way to earn in game currency that could be used to unlock this perk before, and they're just simply removing that option entirely for no reason.
    Yeah - people should work thier ass off to create a product, that you can play for free. It's completely justified.

They decided that the freerollers are actually worth the same the product itself - 0$.

It is so, that they need to earn money - because they paying the salary of 10K hard working people. You also have a lot tech, a lot marketing and rentals(gas, electricity etc.).

We are in the middle of a crisis. If they don't implement this, they will charge something else from another product or simply just fire people.

If you disagree, fine - money talks anyway and people will pay. All we have left is your opinion - worth of 0$.
    Last edited by HansOlo; 2022-11-02 at 09:00 PM.