Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Ways to decontaminate Gnomeregan ?

What are the ways you can imagine, for the Gnomes to decontaminate their capital Gnomeregan of the radiations caused by Thermaplugg's bomb, as well as to decontaminate and heal their irradiated kin (the Le Leper Gnomes) and other irradiated creatures ?

This/these mean(s) must really feel like something Gnomes would invent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    What are the ways you can imagine, for the Gnomes to decontaminate their capital Gnomeregan of the radiations caused by Thermaplugg's bomb, as well as to decontaminate and heal their irradiated kin (the Le Leper Gnomes) and other irradiated creatures ?

This/these mean(s) must really feel like something Gnomes would invent.
    Well, they've already got a method to do so, it is just slow as they believe it needs to be done by them.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

We already tried purging it of all the gnomes once, it just turned them all green. We'd need to try something stronger next time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, they've already got a method to do so, it is just slow as they believe it needs to be done by them.
    Which one ? I don't remember.
    Or rather as slow as Blizz wants it to be done.

Just move to Mechagon, it looks better. Try and convert lepers into mechagnomes as well. Permanent diaper vs leper is a tough choice though.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-08-29 at 07:52 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which one ? I don't remember.
    Or rather as slow as Blizz wants it to be done.
    Well, the story is written as a matter the Gnomes know how to handle as they are decontaminating the place in the Gnome intro.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Well, the story is written as a matter the Gnomes know how to handle as they are decontaminating the place in the Gnome intro.
    Does it says which invention they use ? A chemical product sprayed by a machine ? A radiation absorbing machine ?
    Some magical substance ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Does it says which invention they use ? A chemical product sprayed by a machine ? A radiation absorbing machine ?
    Some magical substance ?
    We only see them using sprays and machines.

5+ Year Old Account
    I think it could be the same way as they did to Undercity with the Maldraxian vacuum cleaners.

We only see them using sprays and machines.
    Then they found a way to neutralize the radiations since Vanilla. They should have made more progresses and found other ways since.

But the writers aren't particularly rushing about Gnomeregan's restoration, nor they are for the other capitals and cities, aside from the Undercity it would seem.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    I think it could be the same way as they did to Undercity with the Maldraxian vacuum cleaners.
    The idea of a vacuum cleaner that eats radiations sounds like something Gnomes would do. They could also have used it during the conflicts against the Scourge and the Forsaken, to have a version that could absorb plagues instead.

I wonder if Windex will work.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Just move to Mechagon, it looks better. Try and convert lepers into mechagnomes as well. Permanent diaper vs leper is a tough choice though.
    Well it looks better ingame, but lorewise they should look fairly similar except that Gnomeregan is supposed to be much larger and they have a better waste management system.

But yeah, when you do the gnome heritage questline and do the unlocking of the mechagnomes, Gnomes and Mechagnomes are united with Mekkatorque as their King and normal Gnomes are moving to Mechagon. So it could be possible that Blizzard sees Mechagon now at the very least as the main gnomish city now, it's at least heavily implied. However it is pretty clear that Gnomeregan is being cleaned too, but I guess it will stay a partially dangerous area forever (even when the next EK revamp comes sometime in the future).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudmaker View Post
    Damn, even in Azeroth, nuclear toxic gas is more dangerous and harder to remove than a magical plague...

7+ Year Old Account
    if they ask nicely the necrolords or forsaken (cough definetly not cough) might help

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Well it looks better ingame, but lorewise they should look fairly similar except that Gnomeregan is supposed to be much larger and they have a better waste management system.

But yeah, when you do the gnome heritage questline and do the unlocking of the mechagnomes, Gnomes and Mechagnomes are united with Mekkatorque as their King and normal Gnomes are moving to Mechagon. So it could be possible that Blizzard sees Mechagon now at the very least as the main gnomish city now, it's at least heavily implied. However it is pretty clear that Gnomeregan is being cleaned too, but I guess it will stay a partially dangerous area forever (even when the next EK revamp comes sometime in the future).
    Perhaps if we have a future underground expansion, they could use a restored Gnomeregan and a reclaimed Undermine as faction capitals (start with Undermine being in civil war or something similar in the introductory scenario, have the Horde move to Bilgewater cartel holdings)?
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-08-29 at 10:31 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then they found a way to neutralize the radiations since Vanilla. They should have made more progresses and found other ways since.

But the writers aren't particularly rushing about Gnomeregan's restoration, nor they are for the other capitals and cities, aside from the Undercity it would seem.
    Have you not played Gnome since Vanilla? There's been quite some change to the part where you play within Gnomeregan now, as well as working on finishing the claim, the lower levels more unsafe than the top.

Have you not played Gnome since Vanilla? There's been quite some change to the part where you play within Gnomeregan now, as well as working on finishing the claim, the lower levels more unsafe than the top.
    It's been a while since I haven't played, the last time it was during Cataclysm era, and I wasn't playing Gnomes at the time.

It's been rather in recent years that my interest for gnomes, dwarves, draenei have increased, though seeing the disaster that was BFA and Shadowlands dissuaded me from playing the game again.

And I am still disatisfied with the slowness of progresses on capitals in need of restoration such as Gilneas, Silvermoon, Gnomeregan or the Azuremyst Isles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Perhaps if we have a future underground expansion, they could use a restored Gnomeregan and a reclaimed Undermine as faction capitals (start with Undermine being in civil war or something similar in the introductory scenario, have the Horde move to Bilgewater cartel holdings)?
    I would love to see both cities in the game, restored and habitated.

Though the Undermine is more likely to be a neutral city similar to Dalaran and Shattrath, since most cartels are neutral.
    Last edited by Terrorthatflapsinthenight; 2022-08-29 at 12:09 PM.

What they did in Undercity to clean the Blight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trigger an internal collapse of the infrastructure via bombs and cut their losses.

Gnomeragen itself as a city is massive in-game compared to other cities. Best case is you clean out only half of it (if not just a quarter) and it still will rival the size of Ironforge or maybe even Stormwind.

Nothing inherently wrong with large city zones, sure, but hard to navigate. Gnomeragen would be a nightmare to navigate.
    Last edited by KOUNTERPARTS; 2022-08-29 at 01:02 PM.

Pop the top, just needs some open air.
    You just lost The Game

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    If radioactivity on Azeroth works the same way it does on Earth, then no, probably not. Of course, Azeroth also has magic, and it's hard to say what could be accomplished with magic in terms of combating radioactive contamination and/or removing fallout. Perhaps Dalaran could find a way to teleport contaminated materials to another location, perhaps to Azeroth's sun, safely incinerating them and removing the vast majority of Gnomeregan's radioactive materials.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead