Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
2
3
4
  1. #61
    Gnomes already have Mechagon. They don't need even another city.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Well no Goblin managed to create a radiation bomb, able of ravaging a gargantuan underground city and turning thousands or even tens of thousands of living beings into mutants.

    You got to hand it to Sicco Thermaplugg, as poor of a mastermind and flawed as a tinker he was, he certainely was excellent in terms of blowing up and other destructive stuff.

    And still, if not Gnomes' alchemists, it could be a moment for their physicians and true chemists to shine.
    Goblins are the best alchemists. It should stay that way.

  2. #62
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Gnomes already have Mechagon. They don't need even another city.
    Trolls already have Orgrimmar. They don't need even another city.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by Grazrug View Post
    Gnomes already have Mechagon. They don't need even another city.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Goblins are the best alchemists. It should stay that way.
    It's their capital and homeland, and it's been the main focus of their efforts and story for the entirety of WOW, it's only right that they get it back.

  4. #64
    Why don't they just coalesce all the radiation into a giant radiation monster and fight it outside of the city?. That seems to work lol
    Super Mario Maker 2: Maker ID 8B7-CTF-NMG

    - The subscription for WoW will be added to Gamepass Ultimate at no additional cost, mark my words.

  5. #65
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    What are the ways you can imagine, for the Gnomes to decontaminate their capital Gnomeregan of the radiations caused by Thermaplugg's bomb, as well as to decontaminate and heal their irradiated kin (the Le Leper Gnomes) and other irradiated creatures ?

    This/these mean(s) must really feel like something Gnomes would invent.
    They could always use the same method they used to purge the Undercity.
    "Always you speak. Never do you listen! You ignore the lessons of Pandaria! You see, there is balance in all things. Wisdom etched in our very fur: Black and white. Darkness and light. When the last emperor hid our land from the rest of the world, he also preserved...our ancient enemy, the mantid. So it is with your Alliance and your Horde. They are not strong despite one another; they are strong BECAUSE of one another. You mistake your greatest strength for weakness. Do you see this?"

  6. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    It's their capital and homeland, and it's been the main focus of their efforts and story for the entirety of WOW, it's only right that they get it back.
    Gnomes deserve to be homeless for the crimes they comittet against Zandalar.

  7. #67
    They could also possibly use some cloud seeding or chemical product disseminating copter machine, able of spreading decontamination product over all of remaining radioactive areas.

    A bit like the mutagen-disseminating machine in the last Batman/TMNT crossover film.

  8. #68
    I mean didnt they already try that, in the pre cata event, only for them to make it much worse because another bomb was set off?

    Think at this point they should jsut full time move into ironforge

  9. #69
    Quote Originally Posted by OwenBurton View Post
    They could always use the same method they used to purge the Undercity.
    Which is ?

  10. #70
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    40,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Which is ?
    Jaina freezing the Blight, which apparently neutralized it. Although radioactive isotopes don't really respond to extreme temperatures in the same way a pathogen does or even a biochemical agent.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  11. #71
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Jaina freezing the Blight, which apparently neutralized it. Although radioactive isotopes don't really respond to extreme temperatures in the same way a pathogen does or even a biochemical agent.
    I have never liked how that was the one answer to the Blight that the Alliance found, even since they have known Blight's existence for a very long time and could have very well found technological, chemical and other magical counters to it. It could have been another moment where Gnomes or another underused Alliance race could have shined.

  12. #72
    Moderator Aucald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Philadelphia, PA-US
    Posts
    40,577
    Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    I have never liked how that was the one answer to the Blight that the Alliance found, even since they have known Blight's existence for a very long time and could have very well found technological, chemical and other magical counters to it. It could have been another moment where Gnomes or another underused Alliance race could have shined.
    Given that Lordaeron remains uninhabitable even now, as they were still trying to clean up the Blight in the 9.2 quests where you follow Calia to Brill, it seems like Jaina's freezing of the Blight was only a temporary measure that allowed the Alliance to invade Capitol City but little else. While freezing the Blight might allow temporary access into Blighted areas like Capitol City and Southshore, it's not a permanent solution - as freezing Lordaeron perpetually would be a nigh impossible task.

    That being said, it's likely that the Blight could be undone by any number of alchemical processes since it was magic and alchemy that created it in the first place.
    WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT THE CARE OF THE REAPER MAN?. - Terry Pratchett, Reaper Man

  13. #73
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Given that Lordaeron remains uninhabitable even now, as they were still trying to clean up the Blight in the 9.2 quests where you follow Calia to Brill, it seems like Jaina's freezing of the Blight was only a temporary measure that allowed the Alliance to invade Capitol City but little else. While freezing the Blight might allow temporary access into Blighted areas like Capitol City and Southshore, it's not a permanent solution - as freezing Lordaeron perpetually would be a nigh impossible task.

    That being said, it's likely that the Blight could be undone by any number of alchemical processes since it was magic and alchemy that created it in the first place.
    Well there was lots of time for the Alliance to study it and find an alchemical counter to it, as well as Gnomes and dwarves finding other magical and/or technological means of protection or elimination of it.
    Draenei also could have worked in this area, due to their experience with the Red Mist that turned many of them into Broken.

  14. #74
    Titan Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    11,527
    With the Mecha-gnome in their ranks, it should not be that hard to find a solution, and I believe that they will most likely find it, just fear that it will be done out of game and in game it will be the same till they decide to use it for an event.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •