Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Become head of Microsoft and tell Blizzard to decontaminate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrorthatflapsinthenight View Post
    Well Gnomes do have the intelligence and the imagination to find solutions to these problems. If they could build a tram over the vast distance between Stormwind and Ironforge, and such a huge city in the first place they can find something to remedy this.

And they have robots to help them.

- - - Updated - - -

I do care, and I'm surely not the only one.

I think that it's absurd to not take the best and most numerous precautions possible to reduce the risks and better the chances of people who go into hazardous and risky adventures and missions.

And in-universe Gelbin Mekkatorque certainely wants the same for his people, he wants to preserve them as much as possible.
    It's a figure of speech, the point is it doesn't matter for a short lived creature even if they cared; the dna-degradation is simply of no concern if you are short-lived.
    You are of course entirely free to fuss about things that don't actually matter, but the point made is that creatures can and do adapt to life in radiation, and that indeed humanoids are no exceptions to this rule.
    Simply put: Short-lived radioactive feral gnomes are not at all an unrealistic outcome.

But i think you are confused that i would actually be advocating for such an outcome, i am not, i am merely describing what is realistically possible.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

There's also the issue of Light-based tech to purify Le Leper Gnomes on which Draenei could help Gnomes, it's been said that Gnomes became particularly interested into Light tech in an attempt to cure their irradiated kin and made spectacular progresses in this area, though it was never shown in game. Draenei could greatly help them into developping it even further with their knowledge and expertise with the Light and magic-fuelled technology.

5+ Year Old Account
    I am against bringing any contamination to our sun. If mortals polluted the planet themselves, then they should clean up their mess instead of just spreading it to another realms. So, vacuum cleaners are probably better option, eventually some engineering devices.

Get Alexstrasza and the red dragons in to set fire to the inside which will transform the landscape and there's your mega-dungeon for 10.2.

Just build another one right next to it but this time don't skimp out on pest control. Also they might know a bit more about troggs now since they've got mechagon, they've pretty much rediscovered the origin of life on azeroth, and how troggs were a flesh cursed corruption that went bad

Quote Originally Posted by jlan View Post
    Get Alexstrasza and the red dragons in to set fire to the inside which will transform the landscape and there's your mega-dungeon for 10.2.
    That would be a miracle. They still have to start to get the job done for areas infected by the Scourge and Forsaken's plagues, aside from Icecrown.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by loras View Post
    It's a figure of speech, the point is it doesn't matter for a short lived creature even if they cared; the dna-degradation is simply of no concern if you are short-lived.
    You are of course entirely free to fuss about things that don't actually matter, but the point made is that creatures can and do adapt to life in radiation, and that indeed humanoids are no exceptions to this rule.
    Simply put: Short-lived radioactive feral gnomes are not at all an unrealistic outcome.

But i think you are confused that i would actually be advocating for such an outcome, i am not, i am merely describing what is realistically possible.
    I got what you were saying.

Though neither humans nor gnomes are comparable to wolves, and humans in real-life don't tend to regress in intelligence or become more aggressive when exposed to radiations though the results are either lethal or life-shortening.

And neither do they become green and insane like Leper Gnomes are in WOW.

But I digress.

Anyway I think that it would be very gnomish to find a solution as original and unorthodox but still efficient as radiations-eating mushrooms.

That would be a miracle. They still have to start to get the job done for areas infected by the Scourge and Forsaken's plagues, aside from Icecrown.

- - - Updated - - -

I got what you were saying.

Though neither humans nor gnomes are comparable to wolves, and humans in real-life don't tend to regress in intelligence or become more aggressive when exposed to radiations though the results are either lethal or life-shortening.

And neither do they become green and insane like Leper Gnomes are in WOW.

But I digress.

Anyway I think that it would be very gnomish to find a solution as original and unorthodox but still efficient as radiations-eating mushrooms.
    Not the first generation, no.
    But seeing as all of what you mention is generally measured in relation to civilization they will most certainly regress, and regress quickly.
    Keep in mind they will die young, their offspring will not be in good health and their education and care will be next to nonexistent, all of this does not bode well for commonly understood markers for human intelligence; even just poverty is already lowers your developmental outlook, imagine what radiation will do.
    Additionally aggression is often the result of misunderstandings, not uncommonly linked to lower intelligence.
    Finally insanity is a bit harder to define, but if one's health deteriorates enough one can be certain to go insane.

So while they take a few shortcuts especially in the generational sense the results are not inaccurate in that sense.
    Even the green stuff is not entirely out of the blue, as radiation increases the risk of gangrene, which admittedly is more blackish or even red apparantly, but the name is commonly associated with green due to phonetical similarity.

Radiation-eating mushrooms are entirely natural and occur in i.e. Thuringia in Germany since Chernobyl's fallout.
    You do not want to eat the mushrooms though, as a lot simpler life forms they barely suffer from the radiation so they accumulate a lot of it.
    More of a druidic solution really.

Raise dungeon cap from 5 to 40 players and send raids of leveling Dracthyr inside to breath the bad away.

Not the first generation, no.
    But seeing as all of what you mention is generally measured in relation to civilization they will most certainly regress, and regress quickly.
    Keep in mind they will die young, their offspring will not be in good health and their education and care will be next to nonexistent, all of this does not bode well for commonly understood markers for human intelligence; even just poverty is already lowers your developmental outlook, imagine what radiation will do.
    Additionally aggression is often the result of misunderstandings, not uncommonly linked to lower intelligence.
    Finally insanity is a bit harder to define, but if one's health deteriorates enough one can be certain to go insane.

So while they take a few shortcuts especially in the generational sense the results are not inaccurate in that sense.
    Even the green stuff is not entirely out of the blue, as radiation increases the risk of gangrene, which admittedly is more blackish or even red apparantly, but the name is commonly associated with green due to phonetical similarity.

Radiation-eating mushrooms are entirely natural and occur in i.e. Thuringia in Germany since Chernobyl's fallout.
    You do not want to eat the mushrooms though, as a lot simpler life forms they barely suffer from the radiation so they accumulate a lot of it.
    More of a druidic solution really.
    Or maybe it would rather be gnomish alchemists who would create and breed these mutation-eating mushrooms, based on mushrooms growing in Gnomeregan despite the radiations, and enhanced with magical ingredients and potions.

We see a lot of problems being taken on by druids, shamans or mages but almost never by alchemists, with the exception of Forsaken Apothecaries for the creation of biological weapons.

Have they tried wearing masks and social distancing?

anti-radiation-bomb to cancel out the radiation
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

With a bucket of soap, and a sponge.

Or maybe it would rather be gnomish alchemists who would create and breed these mutation-eating mushrooms, based on mushrooms growing in Gnomeregan despite the radiations, and enhanced with magical ingredients and potions.

We see a lot of problems being taken on by druids, shamans or mages but almost never by alchemists, with the exception of Forsaken Apothecaries for the creation of biological weapons.
    Because alchemists are usualy discount magicians.
    In a world with actual magic they're even more pointless than in ours, where actual chemists exist to make them look silly.

Additionally it's the goblins who are masterful at alchemy, gnomes are more about mechanical engineering. Goblins do the explosives / poisonous / consumable stuff better.

And they incorporate the sillyness of alchemy in a world with so much magic better too; they show it to be a high risk high reward high unteliability sort of thing, which makes sense in a world where average ingredients can harbor absurd powers.

Could also make it a group effort though; druids and perhaps death knights growing shrooms, mages and shamans summoning absurd amounts of water and the tinkers channelling all this to be as effective as possible; spread the spores most efficient, make sure the water gets every last speck of dust, etc..

Though there is one last sidenote for the shrooms: They tend not to work well with monolithic (or monometallic as the case might be) surfaces, since they rely on the dynamics of water in dirt to gather the radioactive material, meaning that while they work well in a forest in Thuringia they may not do so well in an artificial underground city with no natural water dynamics.

Because alchemists are usualy discount magicians.
    In a world with actual magic they're even more pointless than in ours, where actual chemists exist to make them look silly.

Additionally it's the goblins who are masterful at alchemy, gnomes are more about mechanical engineering. Goblins do the explosives / poisonous / consumable stuff better.

And they incorporate the sillyness of alchemy in a world with so much magic better too; they show it to be a high risk high reward high unteliability sort of thing, which makes sense in a world where average ingredients can harbor absurd powers.

Could also make it a group effort though; druids and perhaps death knights growing shrooms, mages and shamans summoning absurd amounts of water and the tinkers channelling all this to be as effective as possible; spread the spores most efficient, make sure the water gets every last speck of dust, etc..

Though there is one last sidenote for the shrooms: They tend not to work well with monolithic (or monometallic as the case might be) surfaces, since they rely on the dynamics of water in dirt to gather the radioactive material, meaning that while they work well in a forest in Thuringia they may not do so well in an artificial underground city with no natural water dynamics.
    Well no Goblin managed to create a radiation bomb, able of ravaging a gargantuan underground city and turning thousands or even tens of thousands of living beings into mutants.

You got to hand it to Sicco Thermaplugg, as poor of a mastermind and flawed as a tinker he was, he certainely was excellent in terms of blowing up and other destructive stuff.

And still, if not Gnomes' alchemists, it could be a moment for their physicians and true chemists to shine.

Well no Goblin managed to create a radiation bomb, able of ravaging a gargantuan underground city and turning thousands or even tens of thousands of living beings into mutants.

You got to hand it to Sicco Thermaplugg, as poor of a mastermind and flawed as a tinker he was, he certainely was excellent in terms of blowing up and other destructive stuff.

And still, if not Gnomes' alchemists, it could be a moment for their physicians and true chemists to shine.
    Radiation is usually the domain of physicists and engineers though, perhaps that's where our confusion stems from.

Radiation is usually the domain of physicists and engineers though, perhaps that's where our confusion stems from.
    I was meaning physicists. I admit that English isn't my first language, it happens that I exchange physicists and physicians when writing or talking in english.

I was meaning physicists. I admit that English isn't my first language, it happens that I exchange physicists and physicians when writing or talking in english.
    Ah, fair enough.
    English is not my native tongue either, but we can only learn, right?

Anyhow i think we do agree then.

It is basically cleared out by now I would think just not updated in game. The surface of it was recaptured and they have deradiating tech that they use on gnomes to save them.
    Once the bomb went off in cata they are just waiting for the radiation to clear before sending their army in and recapturing the city

https://wowpedia.fandom.com/wiki/Operation:_Gnomeregan

It will be reflected in game eventually just don’t go holding your breath. Gnomes have never been the big focus of WoW

Gnomes already have Mechagon. They don't need even another city.

- - - Updated - - -

Goblins are the best alchemists. It should stay that way.