Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Wrath of the Lich King Classic - Game Upgrades

Wrath of the Lich King Classic - Game Upgrades
    Originally Posted by Blizzard (Blue Tracker / Official Forums)
    The frozen wastes of Northrend await you, hero! World of Warcraft®: Wrath of the Lich King® Classic™ launches September 26, and the pre-expansion patch arrives August 30. Wrath of the Lich King Classic will be included with every WoW players’ subscription at no additional cost.

However, for those who haven't played Burning Crusade Classic™ recently, or if you're looking to enhance your experience, we’re offering optional upgrades—along with a trove of rare items to aid you in your coming journey.

Starting the week of August 30, after the weekly scheduled realm maintenance, everyone who wants to get an early start to join the adventure when Northrend opens on September 26 will be able to purchase the Northrend Heroic Upgrade, allowing them to boost one character of their choosing on a Wrath of the Lich King Classic realm to level 70 (limit one per World of Warcraft account; not usable on Death Knight characters). The boosted character will receive:

• Expert Riding skill
    • A race-specific epic ground mount
    • A faction-specific rare flying mount
    • Weapon skills up to level 70
    • Access to Azeroth and Outland flight paths
    • A set of level 70 Uncommon (green) quality gear
    • Up to four Draenic Leather Pack bags (14 slots each)
    • A little bit of gold to start their journey

In addition, the Northrend Heroic Upgrade includes Pebble, a penguin pet and the Fishspeaker's Lucky Lure, a toy to summon your very own tuskarr fishing companion.

Intrepid explorers looking to further enhance their Wrath of the Lich King Classic experience can purchase the optional Northrend Epic Upgrade. This edition includes the Level 70 Character Boost* and all the items from the Northrend Heroic Upgrade, in addition to:

• The Kalu’ak Whalebone Glider, a flying mount for your Classic characters for use only in Wrath of the Lich King Classic and designed to match the look of the original expansion
    • The Tuskarr Shoreglider, a flying mount variant for use in modern World of Warcraft (including Shadowlands and Dragonflight) and reflecting the game’s current visual style
    • 30 days of World of Warcraft game time, providing access to WoW Classic Era realms, Wrath of the Lich King Classic, and the modern game

For more information on World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King Classic, visit the official site.

*The same restrictions as the Northrend Heroic Upgrade apply; upgrading from the Northrend Heroic Upgrade to the Northrend Epic Upgrade does not grant a second boost.

50 us dollars to de-level a character I leveled up 15 years ago.

I thought they were offering one free boost per account

Damn. I guess inflation also made one lined console commands 33% more expensive.

If everything else falls apart you can always count on Blizzard squeezing every last penny out of their customers. Good thing they built up some good faith with that body type change.

The warpstalker was a decently cool mount.

But this?

Why even bother

Awsome signature and avatar made by Kuragalolz

15+ Year Old Account
    Does the boost work on fresh start servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    *Throws credit card at screen*

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

Wish i could just get the retail mount, love the tuskarr style.. but not planning on spending loads of money on wotlk stuff i won't use just for the mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puupi View Post
    Does the boost work on fresh start servers?
    They've said not until at least 90 days after today.

If server populations are low they might open the Fresh servers to transfers and the boost you can buy
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I wonder if this is testing grounds for Blizzard and WoW with a new payment model?

good - gonna boost my paladin just like planned leveling by spaming instances as tank will be fun in wolk without that boost i would just ignore wolk

10+ Year Old Account
    Also people: The Northrend Pass is identical to the Dark Portal Pass.

You DO NOT need to buy it to access WOTLK Classic. You are paying for a Blizzard Boost, Goodies on WOTLK Classic, and if you go the 80 route, 30 days of Gametime, a mount for WOTLK Classic and one for Retail.

You are not obligated to buy it AT ALL. Period. Please PLEASE stop with the misinformation that "ERMERGERD YOU NEED TO BUY IT TO PLAY WOTLK CLASSIC"
    Last edited by SinR; 2022-08-31 at 12:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exkrementor View Post
    Damn. I guess inflation also made one lined console commands 33% more expensive.

If everything else falls apart you can always count on Blizzard squeezing every last penny out of their customers. Good thing they built up some good faith with that body type change.
    You can only blame the people that buy this. ActiBlizz is focused on making as much money as possible. This "service" just so happens to have a 1000% profit margin.

15+ Year Old Account
    At first I was like "damn son, those prices O_O" but realised that the QoL that you got from not having to level, train all your weapon skills, all that stuff etc is probably worth the price.

Not really sold on the mount myself, looks weird.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Also people: The Northrend Pass is identical to the Dark Portal Pass.

You DO NOT need to buy it to access WOTLK Classic. You are paying for a Blizzard Boost, 30 days of Gametime, Goodies on WOTLK Classic, and if you go the 80 route, a mount for WOTLK Classic and one for Retail.

You are not obligated to buy it AT ALL. Period. Please PLEASE stop with the misinformation that "ERMERGERD YOU NEED TO BUY IT TO PLAY WOTLK CLASSIC"
    Just thought I'd correct you in that the gametime comes with the 80€ edition.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalam the Venom View Post
    The warpstalker was a decently cool mount.

But this?

Why even bother
    It's good thing. Given the crap "goodies", I will never buy them impulsively haha.

Just got the big boi edition lets gooooooooooooooooooo

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerph- View Post
    Just thought I'd correct you in that the gametime comes with the 80€ edition.
    Got it, edited the original.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Oh boy, can't wait to get this 50% off a year from now.

10+ Year Old Account
    2200 breakaway
    kw.

You know gaming has gone shit when they are selling you the same game you already own and people gobble it up like its the best thing since sliced ham