Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    I am Murloc! KOUNTERPARTS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)╭∩╮
    Posts
    5,102
    Another thread by WowIsDead64 where he still cannot get his point across. Still misusing the term "FOMO" and still not making any sense.

  2. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Because it's end of xpack, it's last patch, we are just a few months away from release of new xpack and...major xpack's flaw still isn't fixed - overtuned mechanic still isn't nerfed enough to be bearable. I talk about Anima grind. Please note. I don't want to do 9.0 or 9.1 content to grind it, because this content is obsoleted. So, don't suggest it. I also don't want to do any hardcore content, such as M+ and raids. So don't suggest them too.

    I would want to do following things:
    1) Try 9.0 Covenant sanctums content
    2) Buy all Covenant transmogs
    3) Play my "main" for ilvl progression (i.e. cyphers grind)
    4) Get class tier sets (i.e. relics grind)
    5) Level new alts (I doubt, that I should do it right now due to unknown state of race/class combinations and free race changes in DF).
    6) Play WotLK classic
    7) At the end, play some other game just to change scenery

    But... I have to grind Anima non-stop. Just because ZM gives amount of Anima, that is barely enough to run mission table. ZM gives about 1-1.5k a day, while mission table requires around 500-600 twice a day. So, I can't collect any spare Anima to invest it's into something else of just skip 1-2 days and do something else. And I'm not ready to abandon mission table. It's great content for casual player. Long-term progression, that is almost passive.

    As I already said back at SL's release, that Anima income should have been buffed by 400% in order for it's grind to be bearable. Why can't we do it even at the end of xpack, when amount of "content" no longer matters?
    This is basically a post of how Shadowlands is different in every way to MoP, not the opposite.

    MoP was good, SL was not. The end.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Well, technically they both are similar in that they represent an extreme: SL being the worst expansion and MoP being the best.
    Legion > Wotlk > BC > Cata > BFA / MoP / SL > WoD mate. They're similar in that regard but I disagree with OP on the rest of the comparisons.

  4. #24
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    36,670
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    How does one FOMO a rep grind? Rep grinds don't vanish at the end of expansions.
    I do not know. There are so many FOMO excuses lately..
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  5. #25
    Love your insightful and well thought out threads OP.

    /s

  6. #26
    Stood in the Fire VMSmith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Mars
    Posts
    476
    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Legion > Wotlk > BC > Cata > BFA / MoP / SL > WoD mate. They're similar in that regard but I disagree with OP on the rest of the comparisons.
    If you do a poll on pretty much any WoW fansite the number one expansion will always be either Wrath or MoP, though usually it's Wrath. I wasn't just mentioning my personal preference, but one that gets actual support among players and fans.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by LordVargK View Post
    You do know that there are Anima Missions on the table, do you? Why on earth would you do every mission on it anyway? After a month or so you have every possible reward from the table. For me personally I only do gold, charm, reagents and anima missions and the table is nearly self sufficient.
    He sounds like the guy who wants to complete every mission to feel okay

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Because it's end of xpack, it's last patch, we are just a few months away from release of new xpack and...major xpack's flaw still isn't fixed - overtuned mechanic still isn't nerfed enough to be bearable. I talk about Anima grind. Please note. I don't want to do 9.0 or 9.1 content to grind it, because this content is obsoleted. So, don't suggest it. I also don't want to do any hardcore content, such as M+ and raids. So don't suggest them too.

    I would want to do following things:
    1) Try 9.0 Covenant sanctums content
    2) Buy all Covenant transmogs
    3) Play my "main" for ilvl progression (i.e. cyphers grind)
    4) Get class tier sets (i.e. relics grind)
    5) Level new alts (I doubt, that I should do it right now due to unknown state of race/class combinations and free race changes in DF).
    6) Play WotLK classic
    7) At the end, play some other game just to change scenery

    But... I have to grind Anima non-stop. Just because ZM gives amount of Anima, that is barely enough to run mission table. ZM gives about 1-1.5k a day, while mission table requires around 500-600 twice a day. So, I can't collect any spare Anima to invest it's into something else of just skip 1-2 days and do something else. And I'm not ready to abandon mission table. It's great content for casual player. Long-term progression, that is almost passive.

    As I already said back at SL's release, that Anima income should have been buffed by 400% in order for it's grind to be bearable. Why can't we do it even at the end of xpack, when amount of "content" no longer matters?
    it's not blizzard fault that you HAVE to do all this stuff, you want everything it will come at a cost mate

    idk why you remotely think that blizz will change anima, you had a weird idea why not keep it to yourself ? you know ppl here perceive you as a manchild

  8. #28
    You are either extremely lazy or simply don't know how to play.

  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I do not know. There are so many FOMO excuses lately..
    Because there is one common thing in all features, we don't like in this game. Be it mandatory rep grind or borrowed power grind. It's just shorter to say "I hate FOMO", than "I hate to spend all my free time on mandatory time-gated grind, instead of just doing what I like".

    Unfortunately, there aren't actually so many "motivations" to do things in this game:
    1) Grind - compulsive behavior
    2) Time-gating - cliffhanging
    3) Limited time offers - FOMO
    4) RNG - Skinner's chamber dopamine addiction

    And unfortunately real content is replaced by such "motivations" in several recent xpacks, because they're more profitable, as they require lesser effort to create. Problem is - there is moment, when their exploiting becomes exceeding and it causes players to off the hook. This is exactly SL's case.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-01 at 05:00 AM.

    What's wrong with direction of development? Inclusivity is priceless - race change for free!

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Because there is one common thing in all features, we don't like in this game. Be it mandatory rep grind or borrowed power grind. It's just shorter to say "I hate FOMO", than "I hate to spend all my free time on mandatory time-gated grind, instead of just doing what I like".
    So lying and being lazy with the wrong terms instead of being clear with the correct words. Also the way you keep talking, I'm surprised you even bothered to pick up Vanilla WoW and keeping with it up until now if all you love to do is complain about how hard it is being a "hyper casual"? "Super casual"? Whatever word you made up to describe yourself.

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by ChairmanKaga View Post
    How does one FOMO a rep grind? Rep grinds don't vanish at the end of expansions.
    this, its at least 5th or so time OP in one of his threads mentions FOMO in a way that shows he absolutely doesnt understand what it means...

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Sentynel View Post
    You're doing something hella wrong if you get only 1.5k from ZM per day. That's like 20 minutes worth of rare farm.
    that too, but im more curious how is that not enough for mission table... bcs on my alts after im done with weekly anima q all anima i get is from the table itself, and its completely self-sufficient...

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolites View Post
    this, its at least 5th or so time OP in one of his threads mentions FOMO in a way that shows he absolutely doesnt understand what it means...
    What you and others constantly suggest - is doing obsoleted content, that is no longer relevant. What you suggest - is actually skipping xpack, then buying next one, leveling to max level to outlevel old content (because otherwise it wouldn't be soloable and there wouldn't be other players to help) and then doing old content to get old rewards. Do you really think, that such game is worth playing and paying for?

    And there is another problem, nobody mentions. Blizzard nerf old content. For example "Garrisons aren't FOMO, because you still can play them now" isn't valid argument, because gold income was removed from them. And that's not all. Blizzard use so called "ilvl pruning" to "compress" leveling. They do it in every xpack. For example WOD content isn't viable, because it no longer has endgame ilvl progression. All endgame gives exactly the same gear, as leveling does. And all reares are tuned to be non-soloable in this gear. So, Blizzard intentionally DESTROY obsoleted content in order to push all players to current one.
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-01 at 05:10 AM.

    What's wrong with direction of development? Inclusivity is priceless - race change for free!

  13. #33
    The Insane DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    19,791
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    MOP had FOMO rep grind, that wasn't fully fixed even by the end of xpack - just nerfed by 50%. SL has the same problem. Yeah, Anima grind is slightly nerfed now. May be by the same 50%. But 50% isn't enough.
    lol you can't be serious dude.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Deferionus View Post
    Legion > Wotlk > BC > Cata > BFA / MoP / SL > WoD mate. They're similar in that regard but I disagree with OP on the rest of the comparisons.
    Cata above MoP?
    BFA and SL equal to MoP?

    Tell me you didn't tell MoP without telling me you didn't play MoP.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

    "Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

  14. #34
    I am Murloc! SinR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    My Own Personal Hell
    Posts
    5,240
    Guys

    OP has a problem distinguishing Real FOMO (Act now or you'll never get it again) vs ... whatever he thinks FOMO is (Timegating)
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

    Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

  15. #35
    The Undying Lochton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    FEEL THE WRATH OF MY SPANNER!!
    Posts
    36,670
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    Guys

    OP has a problem distinguishing Real FOMO (Act now or you'll never get it again) vs ... whatever he thinks FOMO is (Timegating)
    Yeah.. It is getting confusing.. FOMO is the fear of missing out... Doesn't really fit with rep grind as you aren't missing out, you just need to work for what is there. FOMO is more, you friends going to the movies but you have chores to do but you start feeling uncomfortable because you want to be part of that experience too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

  16. #36
    You dare to compare WOWs WORST expansion EVER to WOWs BEST expansion EVER?!

    What drugs are you on?!

  17. #37
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,218
    Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    Well, technically they both are similar in that they represent an extreme: SL being the worst expansion and MoP being the best.
    Can't argue with logic, so touché

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  18. #38
    .....another day another point towards the WowIsDead64 has a shame kink board

  19. #39
    Scarab Lord Polybius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Under Your Bed
    Posts
    4,106
    Why are you trying so hard to change the definition of FOMO? Is it some tactic to expand the meaning, rile up posters and invalidate arguments of those who properly use the term? Second thread I see in a month.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Yeah.. It is getting confusing.. FOMO is the fear of missing out... Doesn't really fit with rep grind as you aren't missing out, you just need to work for what is there. FOMO is more, you friends going to the movies but you have chores to do but you start feeling uncomfortable because you want to be part of that experience too.
    It’s beginning to feel suspicious. Like a second failed attempt at blurring the meaning of the word. There’s some serious cases for FOMO but this isn’t it. Lurking whales or trolls will lock onto OP and see it as an opportunity to defend FOMO and paint legitimate cases as lazy.

  20. #40
    Stood in the Fire Melorandor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern Michigan
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    MOP had FOMO rep grind, that wasn't fully fixed even by the end of xpack - just nerfed by 50%. SL has the same problem. Yeah, Anima grind is slightly nerfed now. May be by the same 50%. But 50% isn't enough.
    Bro...Have you even played MoP?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •