Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Melorandor View Post
    Bro...Have you even played MoP?
    Obviously not, that's why they try to keep framing MoP's dailies as "FOMO" rather than the Challenge Modes and its rewards, which would rightfully be FOMO things, as they're not available anymore and were only doable within a certain timeframe

Quote Originally Posted by Shakzor View Post
    Obviously not, that's why they try to keep framing MoP's dailies as "FOMO" rather than the Challenge Modes and its rewards, which would rightfully be FOMO things, as they're not available anymore and were only doable within a certain timeframe
    Please explain, for what purpose would I need to grind MOP reps now, when they're no longer relevant? They gated that time's rewards behind them, they were relevant within that content patch time frame and they're irrelevant now.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    It’s beginning to feel suspicious. Like a second failed attempt at blurring the meaning of the word. There’s some serious cases for FOMO but this isn’t it. Lurking whales or trolls will lock onto OP and see it as an opportunity to defend FOMO and paint legitimate cases as lazy.
    The most 'FOMO' I have seen in WoW is well, generally season-specific loot/Challenge Mode, or the 6-month mount, as well as Ahead of the Curve and what special rewards are given within the expansion only but it is so minimal that I wouldn't call it predatory.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Please explain, for what purpose would I need to grind MOP reps now, when they're no longer relevant? They gated that time's rewards behind them, they were relevant within that content patch time frame and they're irrelevant now.
    Well, you said it yourself, they are irrelevant now, and you don't need them. Your issue is, you want them, but you don't feel inclined to work for them, so you drop the 'FOMO' card on that even though you can work for them and achieve them without losing out, for the rewards are there, they won't go away.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-09-01 at 08:10 AM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Lochton View Post
    Well, you said it yourself, they are irrelevant now, and you don't need them. You issue is, you want them, but you don't feel inclined to work for them, so you drop the 'FOMO' card on that even though you can work for them and achieve them without losing out, for the rewards are there, they won't go away.
    No. What I try to say - is that any reward in this game has it's life time. It's by design, because Blizzard follow "Only relevant content in this game - is current content" rule. If it's not got within that time frame - it's wasted. So fear of missing those rewards within their life time - is exact definition of FOMO.

For example: do you really think, Blizzard won't cut mission table rewards in DF's pre-patch? Do you think, it's enough to just level mission table followers to 60lvl just for sake of leveling them to 60?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-09-01 at 08:16 AM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

At this point I ll risk the infraction to say this.

After reading many threads and posts you have started on these forums, you are either room temperature IQ levels of dumb or just trolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. What I try to say - is that any reward in this game has it's life time. It's by design, because Blizzard follow "Only relevant content in this game - is current content" rule. If it's not got within that time frame - it's wasted. So fear of missing those rewards within their life time - is exact definition of FOMO.
    What? Yes, you lose out on the usefulness. Like everything in an old expansion? The only thing curing that is staying in said expansion and never progressing but you aren't missing out on the rewards, they are there, you just still have to work for them, but if not willing then they aren't needed, and you have no fear of missing out. The main thing you "miss" out of MoP (as is the expansion you chose as the topic), is the experience of players there, Challenge Mode gear and mounts, dungeon teleports, and I believe the legendary cloak questline. Everything else, you can still get. They aren't wasted or useless if you want them, meaning, there is a use for them - you need to take the steps.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

What? Yes, you lose out on the usefulness. Like everything in an old expansion? The only thing curing that is staying in said expansion and never progressing but you aren't missing out on the rewards, they are there, you just still have to work for them, but if not willing then they aren't needed, and you have no fear of missing out. The main thing you "miss" out of MoP (as is the expansion you chose as the topic), is the experience of players there, Challenge Mode gear and mounts, dungeon teleports, and I believe the legendary cloak questline. Everything else, you can still get. They aren't wasted or useless if you want them, meaning, there is a use for them - you need to take the steps.
    Simple example. I have, let's say, 252ilvl gear. For what purpose would I need 100ilvl gear? To vendor it? M? It's RPG. If reward doesn't give any character progression - then it's irrelevant. Yeah, we get rewards for one singe act, that interests us - TO ACTUALLY EQUIP THEM. Believe me or not, but it's my psychology and I can't do anything with it.

For example: do you really think, Blizzard won't cut mission table rewards in DF's pre-patch?
    What rewards? The gear that world quests outdo? The Mounts that will still be there? The Anima that will still be there and practically rains from the sky?
    And don't say they won't cause all the cosmetic stuff is still available from the damned Garrison

Quote Originally Posted by Mysterymask View Post
    What rewards? The gear that world quests outdo? The Mounts that will still be there? The Anima that will still be there?
    And don't say they won't cause all the cosmetic stuff is still available from the damned Garrison
    How many players do Garrisons now?

Who cares?

10+ Year Old Account
    Simple example. I have, let's say, 252ilvl gear. For what purpose would I need 100ilvl gear? To vendor it? M?
    Transmogs, or vendoring. What reason do you have to go for item level 100 gear else? None. You choose to do so, though.

It's RPG. If reward doesn't give any character progression - then it's irrelevant. Yeah, we get rewards for one singe act, that interests us - TO ACTUALLY EQUIP THEM. Believe me or not, but it's my psychology and I can't do anything with it.
    Man, you must really dislike multiple chapter games then? But you are the one who chooses to venture to the lands you have already been, farming for what? Old items of interest? That is a goal, you aren't going back there for progression, you don't progress by going backward. That is not FOMO. The old content is irrelevant to you, so, why are you there? If there is something you want, then it isn't irrelevant to you though? Believe it or not, hundreds, I can risk and say thousands go back to old content for something of interest, meaning, said content isn't that irrelevant for their journey - to the story and character progression, yeah but counter to what you said, you either want to have old content removed completely, or have it scaled up for doing minor work, and that is basically making newer content irrelevant.

- - - Updated - - -

Well, I wouldn't be that daring to say that it is at least 1000 people?

Man, you must really dislike multiple chapter games then? But you are the one who chooses to venture to the lands you have already been, farming for what? Old items of interest? That is a goal, you aren't going back there for progression, you don't progress by going backward. That is not FOMO. The old content is irrelevant to you, so, why are you there? If there is something you want, then it isn't irrelevant to you though? Believe it or not, hundreds, I can risk and say thousands go back to old content for something of interest, meaning, said content isn't that irrelevant for their journey - to the story and character progression, yeah but counter to what you said, you either want to have old content removed completely, or have it scaled up for doing minor work, and that is basically making newer content irrelevant.
    It really seems to me, that you don't understand, what I try to say. I try to explain it for 3rd time already, but you seem to ignore my explanations. I don't do any old content. What I try to say - is that SL reminds me MOP, because I abandoned MOP back in old times due to exactly the same reason - FOMO. Because mandatory rep grind was exceeding and I couldn't handle it. And not doing it meant abandoning all current rewards => nothing to do in game.

It really seems to me, that you don't understand, what I try to say. I try to explain it for 3rd time already, but you seem to ignore my explanations. I don't do any old content. What I try to say - is that SL reminds me MOP, because I abandoned MOP back in old times due to exactly the same reason - FOMO. Because mandatory rep grind was exceeding and I couldn't handle it. And not doing it meant abandoning all current rewards => nothing to do in game.
    Why do you do this...have you not noticed that literally no one agrees with you like ever...I kinda feel you like being verbally assaulted or you are actually just trying to feel important by pushing the people of this forums buttons you are making up problems that are literally only problems TO YOU. This is a live service game what you are describing is the nature of said game..

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh. Okay. Let's try this again. There is nothing mandatory. You make the choices yourself of how far you wish to take your character on his/her progression of the story. Shadowlands level of "FOMO" is so limited, way limited to the part of some achievements, I believe, and a table? EVERYTHING ELSE IS AVAILABLE AS LONG AS YOU EARN IT (most likely, I don't see Blizzard removing factions, covenants, zones, etc)!

Your FOMO isn't about the reputation but the whole game then, you've made a progressing expansion system, a story-changing chapter, into a problem. You need counseling if your fear is progressing in a game that is about progressing. You force yourself to go forward and do everything because you cannot disconnect and take a break because you are worried that you have nothing to do else because you've got a little behind some invisible line. Every expansion is your enemy. You need counseling, I'm not trolling when saying this, you need someone professional.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2022-09-01 at 08:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    That doesn't make them FOMO, because you can still obtain the rewards. FOMO parts of MoP would be CM rewards, Brawler's Guild rewards, AOTC mount for SoO, Arena mounts, and the legendary cloaks. Those rewards are FOMO because they become unobtainable, as opposed to simply becoming obsolete.

Gear becoming obsolete is not FOMO, gear becoming unobtainable is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

I swear these threads are generated by mashing together random forum posts.

Hmf...I had fun with MoP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    But... I have to grind Anima non-stop. Just because ZM gives amount of Anima, that is barely enough to run mission table. ZM gives about 1-1.5k a day, while mission table requires around 500-600 twice a day. So, I can't collect any spare Anima to invest it's into something else of just skip 1-2 days and do something else. And I'm not ready to abandon mission table. It's great content for casual player. Long-term progression, that is almost passive.

As I already said back at SL's release, that Anima income should have been buffed by 400% in order for it's grind to be bearable. Why can't we do it even at the end of xpack, when amount of "content" no longer matters?
    ZM awards a lot more than 1-1.5K anima a day - I typically leave ZM with 2-3K anima a given session, just doing the 2-3 WQs and 3 daily quests in the zone per day while also opening any of the various caches that appear on my map while I fly from point to point. This is also discounting the anima awarded for killing Antros once per week or the Patterns Within Patterns cache. The mission table, too, offers diminishing returns after you've mined it for xmog, mount, pet, and/or toy drops - so I'd argue that continuing a full retinue of missions twice per day is actually slowing down your acquisition of anima for purchasing Covenant stuff as opposed to accelerating it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Delever View Post
    At this point I ll risk the infraction to say this.

After reading many threads and posts you have started on these forums, you are either room temperature IQ levels of dumb or just trolling.
    While I wont go as far as to say that, I will agree to the sentiment behind your words.
    Wowisdead64 churns out divisive threads full of arguments, then proceeds to move the goalpost as if he's being paid for it. Most of the threads get lots of reply's and usually devolve into people talking in circles.

These need to stop.

Simple example. I have, let's say, 252ilvl gear. For what purpose would I need 100ilvl gear? To vendor it? M? It's RPG. If reward doesn't give any character progression - then it's irrelevant. Yeah, we get rewards for one singe act, that interests us - TO ACTUALLY EQUIP THEM. Believe me or not, but it's my psychology and I can't do anything with it.
    You can. You can see a therapist because if you are not trolling you need serious professional assistance if this is how much games affect your psychology.