Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

SL reminds me MOP

Because it's end of xpack, it's last patch, we are just a few months away from release of new xpack and...major xpack's flaw still isn't fixed - overtuned mechanic still isn't nerfed enough to be bearable. I talk about Anima grind. Please note. I don't want to do 9.0 or 9.1 content to grind it, because this content is obsoleted. So, don't suggest it. I also don't want to do any hardcore content, such as M+ and raids. So don't suggest them too.

I would want to do following things:
    1) Try 9.0 Covenant sanctums content
    2) Buy all Covenant transmogs
    3) Play my "main" for ilvl progression (i.e. cyphers grind)
    4) Get class tier sets (i.e. relics grind)
    5) Level new alts (I doubt, that I should do it right now due to unknown state of race/class combinations and free race changes in DF).
    6) Play WotLK classic
    7) At the end, play some other game just to change scenery

But... I have to grind Anima non-stop. Just because ZM gives amount of Anima, that is barely enough to run mission table. ZM gives about 1-1.5k a day, while mission table requires around 500-600 twice a day. So, I can't collect any spare Anima to invest it's into something else of just skip 1-2 days and do something else. And I'm not ready to abandon mission table. It's great content for casual player. Long-term progression, that is almost passive.

As I already said back at SL's release, that Anima income should have been buffed by 400% in order for it's grind to be bearable. Why can't we do it even at the end of xpack, when amount of "content" no longer matters?
    Last edited by WowIsDead64; 2022-08-31 at 04:57 PM.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

What on earth did I just read?

Ignoring the whole anima complaint here for a second because its pointless to argue.

Whats the connection to mop? I seriously don't get it.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolicious View Post
    Ignoring the whole anima complaint here for a second because its pointless to argue.

Whats the connection to mop? I seriously don't get it.
    MOP had FOMO rep grind, that wasn't fully fixed even by the end of xpack - just nerfed by 50%. SL has the same problem. Yeah, Anima grind is slightly nerfed now. May be by the same 50%. But 50% isn't enough.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    How is this related to MoP?
    If it's because "we're close to the next xpac launching", well, that reminds me of every previous end-of-xpac state of the game, not just MoP.
    Weird thread is weird.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    MOP had FOMO rep grind, that wasn't fully fixed even by the end of xpack - just nerfed by 50%. SL has the same problem. Yeah, Anima grind is slightly nerfed now. May be by the same 50%. But 50% isn't enough.
    I don't recall MoP's reps being any particularly harder than other expansions, except for Cata with its tabard system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ugh, what is FOMO rep grind now? Another excuse I hear? For MoP rep grind being marked as FOMO means more or less all rep grind was, oh, and seek counseling if you have FOMO issues.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

5+ Year Old Account
    It’s funny but for me Shadowlands is similar to Wrath of the Lich King, and Dragonflight is similar to Mists of Pandaria/Cataclysm.

we found the last player who still care about anima

Because it's end of xpack, it's last patch, we are just a few months away from release of new xpack and...major xpack's flaw still isn't fixed - overtuned mechanic still isn't nerfed enough to be bearable. I talk about Anima grind. Please note. I don't want to do 9.0 or 9.1 content to grind it, because this content is obsoleted. So, don't suggest it. I also don't want to do any hardcore content, such as M+ and raids. So don't suggest them too.

I would want to do following things:
    1) Try 9.0 Covenant sanctums content
    2) Buy all Covenant transmogs
    3) Play my "main" for ilvl progression (i.e. cyphers grind)
    4) Get class tier sets (i.e. relics grind)
    5) Level new alts (I doubt, that I should do it right now due to unknown state of race/class combinations and free race changes in DF).
    6) Play WotLK classic
    7) At the end, play some other game just to change scenery

But... I have to grind Anima non-stop. Just because ZM gives amount of Anima, that is barely enough to run mission table. ZM gives about 1-1.5k a day, while mission table requires around 500-600 twice a day. So, I can't collect any spare Anima to invest it's into something else of just skip 1-2 days and do something else. And I'm not ready to abandon mission table. It's great content for casual player. Long-term progression, that is almost passive.

As I already said back at SL's release, that Anima income should have been buffed by 400% in order for it's grind to be bearable. Why can't we do it even at the end of xpack, when amount of "content" no longer matters?
    Bro, every single time you post, I can just scratch my head. I am so sorry but I think I'm general the retail version of WoW is not what you are looking for in a game. It is not this single post, but the culmination of what you post.
    Maybe think about giving it a rest.

For someone religiously calling himself as "WoWIsDead64" ever since you made your account, you surely do keep coming back to this dead game all the time and writing blog posts on this website (which isn't what this website is for, but I am sure people have told you that a thousands of times already).

You do know that there are Anima Missions on the table, do you? Why on earth would you do every mission on it anyway? After a month or so you have every possible reward from the table. For me personally I only do gold, charm, reagents and anima missions and the table is nearly self sufficient.

I will agree that the Anima numbers are horrible and should be getting 1000's vs like 100? 200? at this point it should be easy to keep your Anima bank full and max things out and run missions
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Another day, another case of WowIsDead64 being mentally deficient.

Nothing new here

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Ugh, what is FOMO rep grind now? Another excuse I hear? For MoP rep grind being marked as FOMO means more or less all rep grind was, oh, and seek counseling if you have FOMO issues.
    How does one FOMO a rep grind? Rep grinds don't vanish at the end of expansions.

If you wanted things purchased with Anima you've had the entire expansion to complete them. Two years. That's not a grind, that's an easily achievable goal. Grind is something you want to have ASAP, not a cosmetic to acquire leisurely.

And MoP's reputations are only different from every other period in WoW's history because they gave you more stories if you were interested in them. And, again, over two years' time.

I won't disagree that WoW is pretty shit, but this isn't something worth being concerned about in the slightest.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    The hell did I just read? Also, no MoP was amazing; SL was shite. Therefor they do aren't comparable.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    The hell did I just read? Also, no MoP was amazing; SL was shite. Therefor they do aren't comparable.
    Well, technically they both are similar in that they represent an extreme: SL being the worst expansion and MoP being the best.

You're doing something hella wrong if you get only 1.5k from ZM per day. That's like 20 minutes worth of rare farm.