Thread: wotlk classic

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

wotlk classic

So many changes compared to old wotlk, why not make us be able to join bg que from anywere. Cmon blizzard I would litterly pay 100 bucks just for that hahahhahahahahahaa

10+ Year Old Account
    Agreed. PvP doesn't really pay the bills so it was nice to do dailies/farm whatever while waiting for that que to pop. Much better than just afking at battlemasters.
    10700K, 32GB 3200Mhz, RTX 3080 Ti

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't see NPC health, can't see Item Lvel on gear... Why the changes?

This is not Wotlk Classic. This is some strange Version of an Old Game mixed with newer Stuff and its going to be even worse with item level squishes

Wait a minute, so they also removed the ability to queue from anywhere for BGs for WotLK Classic? Did they actually announce it or it's on the PTR/pre-patch?

Yeah they removed LFD, BG queue and the built-in Quest Helper for whatever reason.

I am not happy with these changes at all. I understand that they were added later on in Wrath, but as it seems like they don't want to add these later on either.

I mean seriously idc if there is no LFD for lvl80 heroics or whatever, but not being able to queue dungeons while leveling is just bullcrap and BG's too. This all just means that MOST dungeon runs are just instantly dead and nobody will do them and nobody will do BG's while leveling either. You're basically just back to the boring ass questing and the occasional dungeon (those that everyone keeps farming all the time: stockades, zul farrak, scarlet monastery).

Just don't see the reason why they're sometimes so ignorant and change what wasn't broken.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Yeah they removed LFD, BG queue and the built-in Quest Helper for whatever reason.
    The more I read about WotLK -C, the more I believe that what we will get is WotLK Reforged. Bullshit changes upon bullshit changes on what was meant to be a nostalgia trip or a "museum exhibition". Now we get the people that have failed miserably with retail in the last 5 years having a go at making a "better" WotLK, too. Obviously, nothing will go wrong at all
    Last edited by Fkiolaris; 2022-09-01 at 04:39 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The new Group Finder they built in seems pretty broken.

Listed myself as a tank for H SLabs yesterday, nothing. Couldn't see any groups, didn't get invites.

The fact you need to be listed to be able to TALK in LFG channel is very limiting and in my mind a very stupid change, given they want to "build CoMMnuITy!!!1". Talking shit in /4 is this magic COMMUNITY that Blizzard seems so keen on saving. Getting drowned out with "SLABS BOOST" and "GDKP" and "LFM BT GLAIVES HR" is the COMMUNITY that Blizzard seems to think died with RDF.

Auction House is slow as fuck since the patch, probably due to an increase in the number of listings of people posting glyphs.

I think Blizzard had one job to do, and they're failing at it. If you wanted to port things from Retail, the Group Finder FROM RETAIL was fine. It just works. Instead we get this buggy confusing Group Finder that half the time doesn't even work.

Port the Auction House system from Retail. That's probably the best thing that Retail has going for it right now. Again, IT JUST WORKS.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

I find the new lfg tool much preferable to random lfd tool.

Has there been any official statement on the removal of the quest help stuff?

The bg stuff aswell?

7+ Year Old Account
    its seeming to be ok for me so far. i been having fun with the changes in prepatch. and honestly going to battlemasters for pvp isnt that big a dea. and will be less so when dalaran is up and runin
    “Listen, three eyes,” he said, “don’t you try to outweird me, I get stranger things than you free with my breakfast cereal.”

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post

I am not happy with these changes at all. I understand that they were added later on in Wrath, but as it seems like they don't want to add these later on either.

I mean seriously idc if there is no LFD for lvl80 heroics or whatever, but not being able to queue dungeons while leveling is just bullcrap and BG's too. This all just means that MOST dungeon runs are just instantly dead and nobody will do them and nobody will do BG's while leveling either. You're basically just back to the boring ass questing and the occasional dungeon (those that everyone keeps farming all the time: stockades, zul farrak, scarlet monastery).

Just don't see the reason why they're sometimes so ignorant and change what wasn't broken.
    They did not remove LFD, it was never on with Wrath first of all. It came at the end and so it will now in classic.

It is a good thing that it is not there from the start. It is not needed at all, but it will be handly later on when less peopel are doing dungeon. Smart move.

This is hot garbage with a wrath skin

Quote Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
    foxxy is basically no longer a fox - more like a badger this game

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    They did not remove LFD, it was never on with Wrath first of all. It came at the end and so it will now in classic.

It is a good thing that it is not there from the start. It is not needed at all, but it will be handly later on when less peopel are doing dungeon. Smart move.
    Dude, did you even read my post before commenting? I mentioned it that it was added at a later point in original wrath (in 3.3, which was halfway through the expansion in total days). It's not true that it was never added in Wrath

I have also mentioned that so far they have heavily implied that they do not want to LFD at a later phase either, which is what I am mainly criticising.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Konteil View Post
    its seeming to be ok for me so far. i been having fun with the changes in prepatch. and honestly going to battlemasters for pvp isnt that big a dea. and will be less so when dalaran is up and runin
    I agree that it's not too big of a deal once you're level 80, but at the very least for leveling it just feels dumb. Nobody is going to do the vast majority of the dungeons (or q BG's which was BIG back then) while leveling or if anything people will just powerlevel through the same 3-4 dungeons like they've done until now. They're basically making the game LESS fun and accessible for everyone for flawed reasons.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fkiolaris View Post
    The more I read about WotLK -C, the more I believe that what we will get is WotLK Reforged. Bullshit changes upon bullshit changes on what was meant to be a nostalgia trip or a "museum exhibition". Now we get the people that have failed miserably with retail in the last 5 years having a go at making a "better" WotLK, too. Obviously, nothing will go wrong at all
    Yeah I am all for making some smaller changes when it makes sense, but the QoL changes in Wotlk were such a big part of it that it basically defined the expansion.

If the Classic community had wanted the removal of LFD or even if it was a split issue, I'd understand their decision, but it's like not even close. Furthermore, the new LFG tool they've added as a replacement is DoA and most people aren't using it (they couldn't even copy the manual Group Finder tool from retail).

10+ Year Old Account
    On the plus side, tanking on my Druid is more fun than it was before Pre-Patch, I can Swipe/Maul spam and hold pretty well, until someone doesn't figure out that the kill order is Skull > X > Whatever.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    On the plus side, tanking on my Druid is more fun than it was before Pre-Patch, I can Swipe/Maul spam and hold pretty well, until someone doesn't figure out that the kill order is Skull > X > Whatever.
    Sorry boss, got carried away pushing mad dps.

was super excited to come back for Wrath, until yesterday. the whole thing feels like a horrible WoW reforge. why couldnt they just keep doing what they did with TBC and Vanilla? just want to go back to when the game was good, and not with their modern 'sensibilities'

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Leveling in wotlk is so boring and easy.

I cant believe anyone prefered this mess when they had played vanilla and TBC back in the day.

Just mindlessly go around pulling 3-4-5-6 mobs and aoeing them down and move on to the next pack. Jesus man. Wow break for sure. The only thing good about wotlk is that you can get away with playing any class you want without the meta crowd going nutso on your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    You realize that skull is scary so DPS never hits it
    "Peace is a lie"

Not that I'm against this, but some of you really really need to get your memory/facts in check because same as LFG, the random battlgrounds and the ability to queue from anywhere were not a thing for slightly over half of the expansion.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think a lot of people are going to learn just how much of the Wrath love (especially the Ulduar love) is just nostalgia.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbolt View Post
    Leveling in wotlk is so boring and easy.

I cant believe anyone prefered this mess when they had played vanilla and TBC back in the day.

Just mindlessly go around pulling 3-4-5-6 mobs and aoeing them down and move on to the next pack. Jesus man. Wow break for sure. The only thing good about wotlk is that you can get away with playing any class you want without the meta crowd going nutso on your ass.
    I mean TBC was like that as well if you got geared in Vanilla.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest