70 53.85%
  • Don't Know

25 19.23%
  • No

35 26.92%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    We'll likely see an eternal SoM WotLK server for those who don't want to "leave" ICC. I doubt they'll do eternal WotLK servers as the Classic version of this idea was a massive failure. (Even SoM hasn't been hugely popular... but it has its own pretty dedicated subculture; I can see WotLK enthusiasts fitting nicely in there.)

I predict a vast majority of Classic players will be looking forward to the #SomeChanges version of Cataclsym which will inevitably proceed from WotLK.
    Im interested to see whether they will do this tbh. Im definitely in the boat of #SomeChanges version of Cata. Some more out of raid content, remove LFR and literally re-make DS (pipe dream) and it would be a great xpac. Mix in a few QoL features too, I always wondered why people hated Vashjir given it was one of, if not the most unique zone ever. It was confusing admittedly with the full 3d directionality of swimming and not knowing where objectives were. Id imagine they've made progress on that for dragonflight, perhaps mix in a few of those QoL things to make zones like that more palatable.

I do agree with you though, the raid tiers pre-DS were some of the best ever. The thematic parts of the xpac too like the Ancient Egyptian dungeons were super cool. Def down to do all of it again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    To me, Cata is the end of Classic. Everything went to shit after that.

I can't see going on to daily-fest, with shitty talents, and pandas telling me they love beer everywhere I turn.
    Yeah this is how I feel, once DS hits, that for me was the first "this sucks" content, followed by a huge content drought as usual at the end of xpacs, and then as much as MoP was great, the legendary cloak for everyone, timegated and completely uninspiring was just crap. Thats one thing, if we do MoP, id literally rather they just completely scrapped the cloak and figured out how to adjust the difficulty/power of our characters. The whole legendaries for everyone idea to me is just complete garbage.

15+ Year Old Account
    Cata was the first expansion where PVE went too deep into dexterity and complexity which became the standard design pattern and I hate it. So yeah, I would very likely skip anything beyond LK.

Am considering skipping WotLK and then maybe playing Cata and then definately playing if MoP will come back. I have a deep curse of crazy good memory. I remember every single boss encounter of WotLK and I haven't been in the raid since WotLK was a thing. And I don't really have time or energy to play WoW atm anyways.

Cata and woltk are more similiar to each other then woltk and tbc/classic.

Cata is basically woltk with more content, harder raids and better graphics

Peopel who advocate for it to not fit , but woltk does , i request to tell me whats the big difference between the games that makes one classic and the other not

And before you start with reworked zones, the old zones and reworked are not relevant for 90% of players

and dont try and say cause cata created new villains, cause deathwing predates wc3

Wotlk is the official end of the classic era.

Cata introduced the new azeroth (essentially, save for the newly discovered islands), which exists on retail today.

Quote Originally Posted by Greyvax View Post
    Wotlk is the official end of the classic era.

Cata introduced the new azeroth (essentially, save for the newly discovered islands), which exists on retail today.
    Official ? can you show were it is stated officially ? This is such a stupid argument. It isnt about gameplay, design or anything, its about how the begiiner content that isnt relevant for the most part changed , which is also skipped in classic by any possible method?

It feels like either you are to lazy to make an actuall comparison or you are just some bot who copy pastes what you are told by others to earn their approval

Just compare the class gameplay between classic woltk and cata, which two expansions feel closer to each other ?

they really screwed the pooch on wolk.. its unplayable , we all got excited about those fresh server guess what ,, (bots all over the place) speed leveling.. and the other servers with hour upon hours of que holding times.. its an absolute train wreck.. complaints of stuff not working etc etc the list go on and on and on.. just a waste of time..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    No matter how many #somechanges they make to Cata, Dragon Soul will always be an awful, misbegotten raid. And Firelands will still be a tiny raid.

Only the first tier of Cata was any good, the expansion is beyond saving no matter how many small changes they make.

And MoP will always be deeply unpopular with lots of players (especially Classic enthusiasts) because of the Asian/Panda theme.
    What are you on about? Firelands is a pretty good raid lol
    Also MoP > WOTLK
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Quote Originally Posted by ArenaDk View Post
    Cata and woltk are more similiar to each other then woltk and tbc/classic.

Cata is basically woltk with more content, harder raids and better graphics

Peopel who advocate for it to not fit , but woltk does , i request to tell me whats the big difference between the games that makes one classic and the other not

And before you start with reworked zones, the old zones and reworked are not relevant for 90% of players

and dont try and say cause cata created new villains, cause deathwing predates wc3
    This is actually true, except Cata actually has less content, not more and also 2 very short tiers (Firelands and DS), with DS being an insult to an expansion's end raid.
    I guess, the other thing why LK can be categorized as part of the classics is that it features the last major character of WC3 that people knew about.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    What are you on about? Firelands is a pretty good raid lol
    Also MoP > WOTLK
    While good, it's also short.
    Also No, that's your subjective opinion.

I truly hope cataclysm gets the “classic” touch. Cata was good. The problems with cata are things that could be resolved with “some changes”. The things (minus LFR) Cata brings, combined with “some changes” would be massively successful.

I think this is what’s going to happen. Because that opens the door to MoP. After MoP we get classic+ instead of Warlords. Hell, classic+ could even start with Warlords and add in everything that was cut from it.

“Some changes” referring to the way they’ve handled some things throughout TBC and now Wrath. I’m aware I could be wrong, don’t @ me.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    I don't see the point of cataclysm and above. i liked cataclysm and loved mop but i dont see the point in calling either classic because they dont have that classic feeling vanilla, tbc and wrath had. i dont plan to stick around if they decide to go to cata. how about you?
    If Blizzard rolls out Cata then MoP in a similar way to how the expansions were released, then I don't see the point in playing them.
    In my view, if Blizzard must roll out Cata and MoP, then the expansions should be packed into one, and allow players to level through to 90. Re-package, and retune the instances; maintain the division between 10 and 25 man raiding in terms of rewards (do not present the same loot in both 10 and 25 man formats - a terrible decision, that skewed the effort/reward ratio badly and in the wrong direction). Of course, there would be more to do; but there's an indication of what I think.
    Last edited by Altariaz; 2022-09-06 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kranur View Post
    This is actually true, except Cata actually has less content, not more and also 2 very short tiers (Firelands and DS), with DS being an insult to an expansion's end raid.
    I guess, the other thing why LK can be categorized as part of the classics is that it features the last major character of WC3 that people knew about.

- - - Updated - - -

While good, it's also short.
    Also No, that's your subjective opinion.
    DS was an insult to the playerbase but so was copy pasting onyxia and naxx as a own tier and how they rushed in the tournament one room raid.

Cata had rbg and more raids then woltk , and i think more reputation factions, transmog, expanded archivments , raid finder and more. Cata had more content that isnt up to debate. if you liked the content isnt to debate in a comparison.

And Lichking/ wc3 was literally a new story arc for warcraft, while cata was a continuation of the pre set story of wc1, wc2 and all the books/ comics other media. Cata could have followed tbc and it would have fit much more smoothly then woltk did that was kinda its own world that didnt interact with the old one

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    It isn't "classic" once you get past LK
    its not even classic in wotlk anymore

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be leaving for good as soon as Cata hits. I have zero desire to do that again.
    The zones were bad, the story was bad, the theme was bad, the raids were bad, etc.

Plus, I can't stand the DK changes Cata made.

What would actually motivate anyone to sit through that again?

I feel like Cata would require a ton of retuning.

The expansion started challenging and then got easy as heck once all the QQ happened.

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't say that WOTLK will be the last?

I still don't know if i even play wotlk...

The raids in wotlk... i don't think i have seen any raid as often as ICC and Ulduar. (and lets be honest there is not much else to do in Wotlk if besides raiding)
    There is not really any wonder or exitement there.

Cata on the other hand. I have quit back then after the first raids. I have never seen the rest so i guess i probably rather play cata than wotlk

Quote Originally Posted by Valysar View Post
    They didn't say that WOTLK will be the last?
    No, they didn't.

Ion literally said that they wanted to have a discussion of what will happen after Wotlk, specifically mentioning Cata and whether it should have all the stuff (Zone revamp, LFR, etc..) that people at the time hated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowlandsx View Post
    they really screwed the pooch on wolk.. its unplayable , we all got excited about those fresh server guess what ,, (bots all over the place) speed leveling.. and the other servers with hour upon hours of que holding times.. its an absolute train wreck.. complaints of stuff not working etc etc the list go on and on and on.. just a waste of time..
    and Vanilla Launch was any better?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Myradin View Post
    I feel like Cata would require a ton of retuning.

The expansion started challenging and then got easy as heck once all the QQ happened.
    Ah yes... Ghostcrawler.

"Heroics are fine. Learn to play." followed the next morning with "Yeah we're nerfing heroics, sorry about that folks"
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enigma77 View Post
    No matter how many #somechanges they make to Cata, Dragon Soul will always be an awful, misbegotten raid. And Firelands will still be a tiny raid.

Only the first tier of Cata was any good, the expansion is beyond saving no matter how many small changes they make.

And MoP will always be deeply unpopular with lots of players (especially Classic enthusiasts) because of the Asian/Panda theme.
    They can increase leveling speed by 100%, and have Cata only last a few months. If so then it's fine.
    Hi