Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    As long as Blizzard doesn't do anything that breaks the ClassicUI addon...

everyone: man they copied ff14
    me: wow they did stuff Lotro has had since 2007

Those accessibility changes will be a godsend though.

Goodbye some addons, finally.

Good accessibility changes. Starting to implement the features needed for WoW: Gamepass Edition

The gryphon, though...

7+ Year Old Account
    I love the edit mode. No more buggy add-ons that need constant updates or your whole UI crashes on login.

Nice ... only took 17 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cæli View Post
    just compare the old and new gryphon design. it's fairly clear that the old one looks better. there is some truth in his message. as for the rest it looks more modern, it's a matter of personal taste. this new UI looks like it belongs in a generic cheap MMO. I personally think the old UI has more style, I'll avoid the new UI if it's possible.
    Was actually thinking how did they replace the gryphons with something uglier lol.

Quote Originally Posted by sensei View Post
    Long story short. Someone at Bliz finally played FFXIV and said "Hey we can steal that!".
    Long Story Short. Someone at Bliz finally realized that Addons like Bartender and Bagnon are Addons that are used by many and could be implemented in the Game directly

Quote Originally Posted by Buffbringer View Post
    The gryphon, though...
    You can hide them.

the first two screenshots UI looks horrific, bare bones ugly without any information.

if blizzard wants ui like that they might as well just force disable it.

Are these UI changes in the Dragonflight client now? Anyone know where a FrameXML of beta client is posted?

Blizzard entertainment: taking 15 years to make Bartender functionality baseline, and 10 years to make FF14's incredible UI customization baseline. The epitome of too little, too late.

The fact that adding a QoL feature than became standard over a decade ago is somehow worthy of being a front page post says it all.

They are really not “copying ff14” they are integrating add ons that have been around for over a decade.

Herald of the Titans MrKnubbles's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't like it.

New Option: Press and Hold Casting – When enabled, the player can press and hold a keyboard hotkey to continually cast a spell on an Action Bar without repeatedly pressing the button.
    This is very interesting but holy hell is it going to take a loooong time to overcome my muscle memory and actually get used to using that.

Quote Originally Posted by haediff View Post
    You can hide them.
    That's not the point... but ok i guess.

Is it me, or does it seem that with some of these changes and options the game seems to be getting a bit more "controller friendly"? I mean a lot of this sounds like they are preparing the game to one day be on consoles along with PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Therchias View Post
    Is it me, or does it seem that with some of these changes and options the game seems to be getting a bit more "controller friendly"? I mean a lot of this sounds like they are preparing the game to one day be on consoles along with PC.
    That's what people have been saying about every UI change for the last ten years.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    A whole new world...

Using their own players modding abilities as a crutch for their own shoddy design for so long. They almost deserve an award for biggest cheap-skate in the industry.

This is cool and all, that they are 18 years on allowing us to actually do something with the UI...

But.. Isn't their time better spent on the actual game, at least for now before an expansion launch? I mean, I am getting Bartender no matter what they do with their UI, and i'm sure loads of others will do too.