Poll: Was Hillary Right?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
... LastLast
  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by D3thray View Post
    Don’t drink the kool-aid
    Then why are you here? She was 1000000000% right, and so was Biden when he called you MAGAts fascists.

  2. #22
    Yes, you saw them storm the capital on live tv for example, and then more people defended it like it was a normal thing people do.

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Moralgy View Post
    Yes, you saw them storm the capital on live tv for example, and then more people defended it like it was a normal thing people do.
    That's the best part.

    At first, Republican leadership was like, "This was unacceptable! Horrible! Un-American! Trump is responsible!"

    Then over the next few days as they realized that there really wasn't any significant blowback and that it actually polled well with their base, they all changed their tune.

  4. #24
    I don't really think either party overly cares about democracy. The left is more comfortable being less confrontational currently only because tech aligns with them more on social issues.

    If they were as heavily repressed as the right currently is they would employ the same tactics.

    Its gotten to the point I don't really know if America has a voting population educated enough for a democracy to be an effective form of representation.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I don't really think either party overly cares about democracy. The left is more comfortable being less confrontational currently only because tech aligns with them more on social issues.

    If they were as heavily repressed as the right currently is they would employ the same tactics.

    Its gotten to the point I don't really know if America has a voting population educated enough for a democracy to be an effective form of representation.
    The right isn't repressed. Stop deluding yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  6. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Santti View Post
    I now wish Hillary would come out and apologize "Half of Trump's supporters are not deplorable".
    Would be a popcorn shortage if she did that. They would lose their damn minds.

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    The left is more comfortable being less confrontational currently only because tech aligns with them more on social issues.
    This is not remotely accurate. Tech companies are primarily interested in profit, they don't give a shit who is in power.

    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    If they were as heavily repressed as the right currently is they would employ the same tactics.
    Conservatives are not "repressed". Their problem is they can't follow the rules on social media and complain when they get banned as a result. Because they have the mistaken notion that they have First Amendment protections on private social media platforms.

  8. #28
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I don't really think either party overly cares about democracy. The left is more comfortable being less confrontational currently only because tech aligns with them more on social issues.

    If they were as heavily repressed as the right currently is they would employ the same tactics.

    Its gotten to the point I don't really know if America has a voting population educated enough for a democracy to be an effective form of representation.
    Beyond the fact that the right is in no way "repressed", it bears pointing out that nearly everything they get confrontational about are things based on outright open bigotry. They're angry they can't hurt and victimize innocent people. The same can't be said for left-wing views.


  9. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    The right isn't repressed. Stop deluding yourself.
    I mean if you want to pretend they have the same options and platforms that is fine. I'm not gonna argue the color of the sky with you.

  10. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean if you want to pretend they have the same options and platforms that is fine. I'm not gonna argue the color of the sky with you.
    They do have the same options and platforms. Stop arguing that the sky is green.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  11. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    This is not remotely accurate. Tech companies are primarily interested in profit, they don't give a shit who is in power.



    Conservatives are not "repressed". Their problem is they can't follow the rules on social media and complain when they get banned as a result. Because they have the mistaken notion that they have First Amendment protections on private social media platforms.
    If you contradict yourself immediately what is there for me to respond to?

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Beyond the fact that the right is in no way "repressed", it bears pointing out that nearly everything they get confrontational about are things based on outright open bigotry. They're angry they can't hurt and victimize innocent people. The same can't be said for left-wing views.
    Do you find it weird at all that you have to exclude point to even rebut what is being said? I want to be clear I'm not excusing it but trying to redefine the reality of the situation isn't going to improve it.

  12. #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    If you contradict yourself immediately what is there for me to respond to?

    - - - Updated - - -



    Do you find it weird at all that you have to exclude point to even rebut what is being said? I want to be clear I'm not excusing it but trying to redefine the reality of the situation isn't going to improve it.
    Again, the right isn't repressed. Violent rhetoric is. Stop trying to redefine reality.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  13. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    If you contradict yourself immediately what is there for me to respond to?
    There's no contradiction.

  14. #34
    That's what they are though. They are deplorables.

  15. #35
    I Don't Work Here Endus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Ottawa, ON
    Posts
    73,898
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Do you find it weird at all that you have to exclude point to even rebut what is being said? I want to be clear I'm not excusing it but trying to redefine the reality of the situation isn't going to improve it.
    Nothing relevant was "excluded". I was disputing a central premise to your claim.

    I'm not "redefining" shit. The only things being staunchly opposed from the right wing are examples of outright, maliciously-intended bigotries, where the goal is the infliction of suffering upon innocents. I don't care if it's opposing abortion rights, opposing LGBT issues, opposing racial justice, or what, that's what those "issues" boil down to; abusive bigots who want to hurt innocents and get away with it, or even be lauded for their petty abuses.

    Feel free to give me even a single example of a reasonable, objectively-derived policy position coming from the right wing that's being dismissed as cavalierly as you claim, and is not rooted in such bigotry. Go on. Just one example.


  16. #36
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    I mean if you want to pretend they have the same options and platforms that is fine. I'm not gonna argue the color of the sky with you.
    Stop breaking the fucking ToS then, and you won't get banned on things like Twitter, Facebook or anything else. I have been permabanned on Twitter 4 times now, so you saying that only the right is repressed is fucking hilarious.

  17. #37
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Nothing relevant was "excluded". I was disputing a central premise to your claim.

    I'm not "redefining" shit. The only things being staunchly opposed from the right wing are examples of outright, maliciously-intended bigotries, where the goal is the infliction of suffering upon innocents. I don't care if it's opposing abortion rights, opposing LGBT issues, opposing racial justice, or what, that's what those "issues" boil down to; abusive bigots who want to hurt innocents and get away with it, or even be lauded for their petty abuses.

    Feel free to give me even a single example of a reasonable, objectively-derived policy position coming from the right wing that's being dismissed as cavalierly as you claim, and is not rooted in such bigotry. Go on. Just one example.
    Yes right wing politics are right wing politics... you saying well if they changed their politics they wouldn't be suppressed isn't an argument anyone is going to engage in. At best you will have people in your choir agreeing with you.

    The real issue you have is your opposition isn't a small minority.

  18. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Yes right wing politics are right wing politics... you saying well if they changed their politics they wouldn't be suppressed isn't an argument anyone is going to engage in. At best you will have people in your choir agreeing with you.

    The real issue you have is your opposition isn't a small minority.
    Instead of giving him examples of non-hateful policies the right-wing have, you're proving him right by saying those hateful policies are right-wing policies.

  19. #39
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Instead of giving him examples of non-hateful policies the right-wing have, you're proving him right by saying those hateful policies are right-wing policies.
    "Violent rhetoric is our brand!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

  20. #40
    The Unstoppable Force Kaleredar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    phasing...
    Posts
    24,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Yes right wing politics are right wing politics... you saying well if they changed their politics they wouldn't be suppressed isn't an argument anyone is going to engage in. At best you will have people in your choir agreeing with you.

    The real issue you have is your opposition isn't a small minority.
    A large number of people wanting bad things doesn't make those into good things.

    A lot of people thought slavery was fine and dandy in the United States at one point. But it was wrong, regardless of how many people thought otherwise. And if slavery were still some hot button issue, I'd hope pro-slavery messages would be banned from social media as well.

    If conservatives feel they're being oppressed for their bad policies because people find them morally reprehensible, they should try getting better policies.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2022-09-04 at 01:55 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •