Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
1
2
3
  1. #41
    I don't think think he ever lost shamanic powers, as far as I remember in enhancement shaman legendary intro quest it's implied that he has some personal problems and that it makes it hard for him to use shaman powers (but doesn't say he can't use them completely forever).

    So since he has always been a warrior as well as a shaman he went back to warrior path while his shamanic powers were dormant.

    In shadowlands I think the whole point of Draka quest chain in 9.1 was to show that Thrall has overcome his doubts/personal issues and shortly after in Sylvanas fight we see him being confident enough to use his full shamanic potential again.

  2. #42
    Thank you all for the lore and help explaining things to me. Like i said.. I havent played in some time, so seeing certain things confused the hell out of me.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I don't think think he ever lost shamanic powers, as far as I remember in enhancement shaman legendary intro quest it's implied that he has some personal problems and that it makes it hard for him to use shaman powers (but doesn't say he can't use them completely forever).

    So since he has always been a warrior as well as a shaman he went back to warrior path while his shamanic powers were dormant.

    In shadowlands I think the whole point of Draka quest chain in 9.1 was to show that Thrall has overcome his doubts/personal issues and shortly after in Sylvanas fight we see him being confident enough to use his full shamanic potential again.
    he's getting old and needs a little magical viagra

    9.1 was his retirement quest chain you can't run an empire constantly under threat of annhilation and have a child.

    he may be a half orc mutant but he is only mortal and can only channel so much magic without consequences. you see this with jaina who never stopped. it takes a physical toll on the body.

  4. #44
    Scarab Lord Auxis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    4,204
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    he's getting old and needs a little magical viagra

    9.1 was his retirement quest chain you can't run an empire constantly under threat of annhilation and have a child.

    he may be a half orc mutant but he is only mortal and can only channel so much magic without consequences. you see this with jaina who never stopped. it takes a physical toll on the body.
    Half-orc?

    /10characters
    By Blizzard Entertainment:
    Part of the reason is that Battlegrounds are like ducks.
    My Nintendo FC is 2208-5726-4303.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    warlord of draenor, he used them for the wrong reason or some other made up BS
    "There must always be a lich king!"

    Blizzard always makes this shit up as they go along :/

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I don't think think he ever lost shamanic powers, as far as I remember in enhancement shaman legendary intro quest it's implied that he has some personal problems and that it makes it hard for him to use shaman powers (but doesn't say he can't use them completely forever).
    .
    Did you play WoD? It's explained thoroughly in there and going into Legion

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Did you play WoD? It's explained thoroughly in there and going into Legion
    I did, feel free to direct me to any quest or something in WoD that stated he lost his powers (as many claim, because of using magic in makgora).

    I remember that this whole "Thrall became impotent in shamanism" thing started in Legion however, during enhancement shaman legendary quest. In doomhammer lore bits you can access in shaman class hall it only says something about Thrall being tired of wars and responsibilities and that was the reason elements no longer answered him. I don't remember anything that implied he lost those powers forever, but it was a while ago if you can show me where (as you claim in WoD) was it pictured differently I'll gladly look into it.

    I certainly don't remember it being explained "thoroughly". And I thought this whole "because he cheated in makgora" was just a fan speculation.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I don't think think he ever lost shamanic powers.
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    and that was the reason elements no longer answered him..
    So he didn't lose his powers, but he did?

  8. #48
    Thrall never lost his abilities as a shaman, his loss of powers is due to personal guilt. They are still there waiting for him to use once he gets his mind in order. Not only do the elements of Azeroth not care that Garrosh got killed, they would be happy since his dark shaman were enslaving them. If they respond to Magatha then nothing Thrall has done would make them turn away, plus the duel was on AU Dreanor which had it's own set of elemental lords who can no damns about their fight.

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    So he didn't lose his powers, but he did?
    His powers went dormant. Btw, you didn't answer my question.

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    Thrall never lost his abilities as a shaman, his loss of powers is due to personal guilt.
    This. It's said as much in-game, both in Legion and Shadowlands

    .Through the years, Thrall wielded the Doomhammer with honor and integrity. However, following his execution of the malign warchief Garrosh Hellscream, Thrall felt conflicted. This internal struggle was reflected in the Doomhammer as well. In Thrall's mind, the weapon that had embodied the ideals of justice and virtue had now come to represent vengeance.
    . The Primus subsequently collected the four reforged covenant sigils so that he could pursue the Jailer to his destination. Thrall stayed at the respite to talk to Draka and confided that he still felt responsible for the actions of Garrosh (whose soul had destroyed itself in the Sanctum). In response, Draka shared something that Durotan used to say: "a wolf decides whether to come when called or to turn on its master". She added that Garrosh had chosen his own path and that it had now ended, whereas Thrall's continued moving forward. Thrall agreed on this and thanked his mother for the advice.

  11. #51
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    His powers went dormant. Btw, you didn't answer my question.
    The elementals give shamans their power. The elementals refused to answer Thrall's call for power, hence he lost his powers.

    Also you didn't ask me a question.

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The elementals give shamans their power. The elementals refused to answer Thrall's call for power, hence he lost his powers..
    Please see my post above of in-game quotes and info that show it had nothing to do with elements refusing to answer.

  13. #53
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,195
    Quote Originally Posted by shammypie View Post
    he's getting old and needs a little magical viagra

    9.1 was his retirement quest chain you can't run an empire constantly under threat of annhilation and have a child.

    he may be a half orc mutant but he is only mortal and can only channel so much magic without consequences. you see this with jaina who never stopped. it takes a physical toll on the body.
    He's in his 40's and he is not a half-orc nor a mutant.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    The elementals give shamans their power. The elementals refused to answer Thrall's call for power, hence he lost his powers.

    Also you didn't ask me a question.
    I asked you where in WoD was it thoroughly explained.

  15. #55
    Thrall was a Warrior before he became a shaman so he's always been some hybrid of an Arms Warrior and Enhancement shaman if we are going by gameplay mechanics. His powers were not consistent ever since he killed Garrosh so he can't 100% reply on the elements until he has fixed the issues from the Mak'Gora. That is why he seemingly became a warrior out of the blue, he already had training as one during his time as Blackmores slave and when back to basics. It still doesn't solve the issue with him regaining his powers during the sylvanas fight.

  16. #56
    The Unstoppable Force
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Posts
    23,195
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    I asked you where in WoD was it thoroughly explained.
    It was, partly, explained in Frostfire and later Nagrand. Though most of it was explained in Legion during the Enh. artifact questline.

    Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    He's in his 40's and he is not a half-orc nor a mutant.
    he's got blue eyes and the fel green. he ain't all orc anymore.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •