Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Thrall a Shammy again??

Can someone tell me when he got his powers back? Last i saw him, he was a warrior. Now my friend is playing and hes telling me that Thrall is helping and hes using shammy moves, lol. When did he get them back?? Do they explain?

WHen did he lose his shamanistic powers?

Quote Originally Posted by jrod45 View Post
    Can someone tell me when he got his powers back? Last i saw him, he was a warrior. Now my friend is playing and hes telling me that Thrall is helping and hes using shammy moves, lol. When did he get them back?? Do they explain?
    I think he sort of got them back during BfA's Saurfang arc, though it's clearly not of the same calibrr as before.

Additionally it's worthwhile to note that lore characters are not limited to player classes' limitations - Anduin wearing plate does not make him a paladin in example, and Tyrande's powers have been all over the place.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    He lost them in WoD it was a whole thing at the beginning of the Enhancement Shaman Artifact chain in Legion. He said the elements refused to aid him because of how he dealt with Garrosh and inevitably is what caused him to give us Doomhammer.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zyky View Post
    He lost them in WoD it was a whole thing at the beginning of the Enhancement Shaman Artifact chain in Legion. He said the elements refused to aid him because of how he dealt with Garrosh and inevitably is what caused him to give us Doomhammer.
    Yeah, Doomhammer straight up rejected him and wouldn't let him near it. I thought he said he needed to humble himself and return to the basics or sometime honestly. I just assumed his self exile to Outlands was also attoning to the elements.

I get it's a bit sloppy in terms of story, but honestly, I don't think anyone was truly waiting with bated breath to again help Thrall with his emotions and the elements.

I think it was when we rescued him from Torghast actually we saw him do some proper shamanny things.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerogue View Post
    I think it was when we rescued him from Torghast actually we saw him do some proper shamanny things.
    I remember him being a warrior, lol. Dont remember the shammy stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Yeah, Doomhammer straight up rejected him and wouldn't let him near it. I thought he said he needed to humble himself and return to the basics or sometime honestly. I just assumed his self exile to Outlands was also attoning to the elements.

I get it's a bit sloppy in terms of story, but honestly, I don't think anyone was truly waiting with bated breath to again help Thrall with his emotions and the elements.
    See well i get some of that. I was always under the impression he had some of the ability, but just chose not to use them.

10+ Year Old Account
    you clearly dont know who thrall is then lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

He never stopped being a shaman. He used his powers in WoD, Legion, BfA and Shadowlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    you clearly dont know who thrall is then lmao
    I know who he is. In Torghast, he was looking for weapons and when he found one to his liking, he was doing bladestorm, lol. Sound like a warrior to me. No Shaman moves at all. Thats why i created this topic. Now my friend is telling me that Thrall is now doing shaman moves again in the Syl fight?

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

See well i get some of that. I was always under the impression he had some of the ability, but just chose not to use them.
    You're right he doesn't use them in the intro.

We don't see him use shaman powers again until, I think the Sylvanas encounter? When he's making earth bridges for us to cross. No its never explained how/why/when he got his powers back.
    Quote Originally Posted by Minikin View Post
    "Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never....BURN IT"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    You are kinda joe Roganing this topic. Hardly have any actual knowledge other than what people have told you, and jumping into a discussion with people who have direct experience with it. Don't be Joe Rogan.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know who he is. In Torghast, he was looking for weapons and when he found one to his liking, he was doing bladestorm, lol. Sound like a warrior to me. No Shaman moves at all. Thats why i created this topic. Now my friend is telling me that Thrall is now doing shaman moves again in the Syl fight?
    this thread wouldnt exist if you knew him. he never stopped being a shaman. he had issues with his powers because of the mak'gora with garrosh and how fiercely he used the elements to kill garrosh, but he never stopped being a shaman because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Uggorthaholy View Post
    Thanks but no thanks, Lora, for making me question everything in existence forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurkan View Post
    He never stopped being a shaman. He used his powers in WoD, Legion, BfA and Shadowlands.
    Ahh so just just chose not to do his abilities in the maw? That was always my take, but i was told he wasnt connected anymore. Thats why i was curious as to when he was connected again.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    You're right he doesn't use them in the intro.

We don't see him use shaman powers again until, I think the Sylvanas encounter? When he's making earth bridges for us to cross. No its never explained how/why/when he got his powers back.
    Thank you for the explanation. I been wondering.

He has been a shaman since Warcraft 3 and is the default shaman hero in Hearthstone.
    This is a signature of an ailing giant, boundless in pride, wit and strength.
    Yet also as humble as health and humor permit.

Furthermore, I consider that Carthage Slam must be destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by Lora View Post
    this thread wouldnt exist if you knew him. he never stopped being a shaman. he had issues with his powers because of the mak'gora with garrosh and how fiercely he used the elements to kill garrosh, but he never stopped being a shaman because of it.
    And thats why i needed someone to explain things to me rather than saying i dont know the character. From what i know of him, he did shammy things.. when i see him in the maw, he doesnt and then starts using bladestorm which isnt a shaman ability, but a warriors. Now i hear hes doing shaman things again..

Whoever writes the story shall posses the power of thrall!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat7 View Post
    Whoever writes the story shall posses the power of thrall!
    Damn.. Basically, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Palapop View Post
    warlord of draenor, he used them for the wrong reason or some other made up BS

10+ Year Old Account
    He's never lost his powers. There's been a time when the elements stopped communing with him, the bond was mended.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post

This is correct.

He was always a shaman but with cata became much more in touch with it.
    In legion he started to doubt himself and because of that the elements began to refuse him, especially after the whole garrosh thing, that really fucked him up.
    Then he took a break to outland, and there he re-attuned himself, and yeah when he comes back in BFA and shadowlands, he is a shaman again, but only with basic power, no where near his cata, mop, wod levels of making tornados, he was kinda elemental, now he is enhancement, mostly just empowering his weapons.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content