Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    This. 10 char.
    Yes remove one of the most popular game modes. Very smart.

Quote Originally Posted by VMSmith View Post
    I would agree with this position. Normals make a little sense for leveling and learning, but Heroic and M0 are utterly useless. Hell, there's very little point in LFR anymore, as well. Blizzard has done their damnedest to make queued content as uninteresting and unrewarding as possible and has successfully driven off the portion of the player base that enjoyed that content so there really doesn't seem much need to keep it in the game soaking up even the tiniest amount of development resources that could be going to the things that Blizzard and the remaining players actually care about.

I'm honestly not even sure why they keep patch content zones in the game. Within less than a month these zones become barren because there's so little of interest in them, even for the players that enjoy world content. Which, of course, is assuming that these zones are even enjoyable to those players. I know they no longer were for me, personally.
    Essentially you want to remove all queueing capabilities from the game?

You know how many more people this game will lose if there's no auto-lfd, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Miffinat0r View Post
    Essentially you want to remove all queueing capabilities from the game?

You know how many more people this game will lose if there's no auto-lfd, right?
    Oh, I absolutely agree that having no queueing systems would be a terrible decision that would leave out a greater portion of the player base. But, Blizzard's current policy of pretending to give a shit about those players while simultaneously making everything they do as worthless as possible in order to coerce them into the content Blizzard DOES care about (raiding/M+/Rated PvP) is both exploitative and cynical towards those players. I AM one of those players, I despise manual grouping for content. And I recognize that Blizzard does not give a shit about me nor even like me and gives me the tiniest bit of fun in order to keep me around as content (i.e. someone to lord it over) for the players they do care about.

I'm in favor of Blizzard taking off the mask and being honest about the fact that they utterly hate matchmade content and wish they could be rid of the people that enjoy it, and so they should remove the matchmade content and stop tricking the people that want that style of play so that those people can break the WoW habit and find that there are many MMOs out there that DO cater to them, rather than tolerate them. And this would also please their preferred players who constantly, in these forums as well, speak about how they wish we would just leave them to their instanced raid lobby game and stop polluting it with our desires for world content and matchmade "easy" content. There'd be fewer people playing, but that suits them well anyway.

No. If anything they should remove mythic0 and give players mythic keys from heroic. Mythic0 is practically as pathetically easy as heroic is. It's entirely redundant to have mythic0.

Heroic should just be what mythic0 currently is except they'll be queueable. This helps bridge the gap better between queueable dungeons and mythic+ by giving players a chance to practice mythic+ mechanics through heroics, which is one of the bigger anxiety inducing barriers people currently are forced to face when wanting to hop into mythic+.
    Last edited by Scoli; 2022-09-14 at 05:46 PM.

Heroic is totally pointless I don't think there's any reason to ever do it, normal has its place for leveling and stuff (and maybe if you're really really bad at the game and that's all you can do idk)

Normal is fine. Half of the normal dungeons are typically for leveling and the other half are available at max level.

If there's any redundancy then its between heroic and M0.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Honestly given the community already has accepted a rating system for M+, I don't see the harm in LFD M+. It's not like we will lose any socialization by not having to browse through pages while reporting all the ads.
    This is an awful, terrible, horrendously, superbly and monstrously bad idea. You'll end up with 2/3rds of the group not speaking the same language, you'll end up with people intentionally griefing or holding keys hostage, you'll end up with insanely dogshit group comps in keys with affixes that are relevant, you'll make the game incredibly difficult to play. Most importantly, even if the queue did exist because of all of these reasons most people would opt to build groups the way it is right now anyway. You're asking Blizzard to cater to lazy fucks or people who are insecure about possibly being rejected from a group. We need less of this. Please. Do not suggest this.

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This is an awful, terrible, horrendously, superbly and monstrously bad idea. You'll end up with 2/3rds of the group not speaking the same language, you'll end up with people intentionally griefing or holding keys hostage, you'll end up with insanely dogshit group comps in keys with affixes that are relevant, you'll make the game incredibly difficult to play. Most importantly, even if the queue did exist because of all of these reasons most people would opt to build groups the way it is right now anyway. You're asking Blizzard to cater to lazy fucks or people who are insecure about possibly being rejected from a group. We need less of this. Please. Do not suggest this.
    Wait, why would you get these with matchmaking when you don't get them now?

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Wait, why would you get these with matchmaking when you don't get them now?
    Because nobody gives a shit if you troll a Heroic key. If you're trolling a +22 you queued into from matchmaking it'll be a much different story. The only way rating-influenced matchmaking can work in M+ would be if they punished you (ie, your rating decreased) for not timing a key. This would be an absolute unmitigated disaster. Not to mention how it'd actively incentivize players who may not traditionally be interested in boosting to boost themselves into "ELO heaven," thereby even further diluting the pool of potential players.

It's a phenomenally bad idea, through and through.

How about no. Lot's of people have alts and would like to try them out and get a feel or haven't fully gear them and doing normal/heroic/LFR is all they want to do on their alts.

Then there is people who just return like myself recently yes in S1 my gear is good for +15 but even heroics dungeons and LFR drops far better gear now. So I have to go do those to get gear.

why removing them? the dungeons are there and because M+ is one of the most popular game modes they'll keep coming. normal and heroic are just the first 2 lvl of difficulty of the same dungeons. this is just scaling, you won't have another raid tier by saving ressources removing normal/heroic. I like doing the dungeons following the storyline in lvling phase

and F.ck timers

Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Is that actually a problem? Everyone on the korean servers speaks korean but very few actually talk in pugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Is that actually a problem? Everyone on the korean servers speaks korean but very few actually talk in pugs.
    I can't speak for EU but it's a problem on US servers since we share a server cluster with the LAN realms. Some speak Brazilian (Portugese) and some Spanish. There's also a fairly large segment of Illidan players who speak only Chinese. To be clear, I'm not saying that there's anything inherently wrong with players from these realms (even though there is a stigma against them), just that communication, especially once you start pushing higher keys, is important and language barriers can make that even more difficult. It's usually not an issue when you can select people from the group finder on your own (and you can communicate before the key starts) but I think it would definitely be an issue if you queue into a group with four players who primarily speak 3 different languages.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2022-09-16 at 08:57 PM.