Page 1 of 19
1
2
3
11
... LastLast
  1. #1
    Banned Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    9,023

    How does Dragonflight look so far, Good, bad, same as usual?

    I have yet to take a good look into dragonflight and love to get surprised, so far i hear a few positive things, for example the new talent tree and profession revamp.

    I do wonder how Dragonflight is looking so far? Does it look better then Shadowlands? Is it just the same? Can we expect good content?

  2. #2
    Leveling is some of the worst it's ever been with forced breaks and down times from npcs trying to build character with unskipable ramblings.

    Dungeons are really to incomplete for testing at this stage but the talent trees show quite a bit of promise.

    Come back a month or so from the launch date for more info.

  3. #3
    Banned Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Leveling is some of the worst it's ever been with forced breaks and down times from npcs trying to build character with unskipable ramblings.

    Dungeons are really to incomplete for testing at this stage but the talent trees show quite a bit of promise.

    Come back a month or so from the launch date for more info.
    Seems worrying, because 10.0 needs to be a straight up 10/10 for WoW.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Seems worrying, because 10.0 needs to be a straight up 10/10 for WoW.
    Its early beta or alpha if you prefer nothing much is finished and classes dont get touched up till about a week or two from launch. So far outside of leveling (I would argue the least important part) it's alright.

    No one will know till later.

  5. #5
    Banned Gimlix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    The Netherlands!
    Posts
    9,023
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Its early beta or alpha if you prefer nothing much is finished and classes dont get touched up till about a week or two from launch. So far outside of leveling (I would argue the least important part) it's alright.

    No one will know till later.
    Does it look on first hand better then Shadowlands though?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Does it look on first hand better then Shadowlands though?
    I think it's on par with SL and BFA. Talent trees are great until you realize that for most specs you're not gaining anything new. For some classes it's like you're playing your SL character but now you get to have 2 azerite traits and 4 SL legendaries with the ability to have 2 SL covenant abilities. Your mileage will vary.

    Evokers are pretty meh. The 25yard range is awkward.

    The quests are the same as every expansion. Don't expect anything fresh.

    Dungeons are too simple to really see mechanics at the moment.

    Expect raids to have familiar mechanics.

    My personal thought process with DF, don't buy until week 3 after launch. This will be enough time for the PLAYERS to provide full feedback on the game. Like you said 10.0 needs to be a homerun. Right now, it's looking like a base hit. Don't trust anything streamers are saying about it, it's their "job". The money right now it's better spent elsewhere if i'm honest - Activision doing Activision things.

  7. #7
    Let me put it simple. Imagine eating a can of beans every at each meal, knowing that the only alternative is tree bark.

    Like seriously, if you quit WoW what else are you gonna play? Some Korean weebfest MMO? Some horrendous P2W MMO? Some MMO that is already dead? Or perhaps play a single player game...for like a week.

    Don't kid yourself, WoW is the best MMO that is currently on the market. Unless of course you're one of these FFXIV fans or the fan of some MMO that may be unplugged any day now, like GW2, in which case you should probably play those and not troll a WoW oriented forum. And you WILL play WoW for the foreseeable future no matter how bad it is, because even a bad expansion is still better than other MMOs.
    Last edited by Cynical Asshole; 2022-09-06 at 01:08 PM.

  8. #8
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    25,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Leveling is some of the worst it's ever been with forced breaks and down times from npcs trying to build character with unskipable ramblings.

    Dungeons are really to incomplete for testing at this stage but the talent trees show quite a bit of promise.

    Come back a month or so from the launch date for more info.
    ??? I mean most of questing in all of wow's history has had npcs stop to talk to eachother for a bit before letting you continue, having done the entire main questline like 5 times now, it seems no more then past expansions.

    Dungeons incomplete for this stage of testing?
    nah, not at all, again comparable to prior expansions ive tested.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Does it look on first hand better then Shadowlands though?
    having been in day 1 alpha for both, it is actually ahead of shadowlands by a fair bit.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    I think it's on par with SL and BFA. Talent trees are great until you realize that for most specs you're not gaining anything new. For some classes it's like you're playing your SL character but now you get to have 2 azerite traits and 4 SL legendaries with the ability to have 2 SL covenant abilities. Your mileage will vary.

    Evokers are pretty meh. The 25yard range is awkward.

    The quests are the same as every expansion. Don't expect anything fresh.

    Dungeons are too simple to really see mechanics at the moment.

    Expect raids to have familiar mechanics.

    My personal thought process with DF, don't buy until week 3 after launch. This will be enough time for the PLAYERS to provide full feedback on the game. Like you said 10.0 needs to be a homerun. Right now, it's looking like a base hit. Don't trust anything streamers are saying about it, it's their "job". The money right now it's better spent elsewhere if i'm honest - Activision doing Activision things.
    good advice but it's toward the wrong crowd

    ppl who argue ALOT about not buying it here are the first ones to buy it

  10. #10
    Merely a Setback FelPlague's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    25,024
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    I think it's on par with SL and BFA. Talent trees are great until you realize that for most specs you're not gaining anything new. For some classes it's like you're playing your SL character but now you get to have 2 azerite traits and 4 SL legendaries with the ability to have 2 SL covenant abilities. Your mileage will vary.

    Evokers are pretty meh. The 25yard range is awkward.

    The quests are the same as every expansion. Don't expect anything fresh.

    Dungeons are too simple to really see mechanics at the moment.

    Expect raids to have familiar mechanics.

    My personal thought process with DF, don't buy until week 3 after launch. This will be enough time for the PLAYERS to provide full feedback on the game. Like you said 10.0 needs to be a homerun. Right now, it's looking like a base hit. Don't trust anything streamers are saying about it, it's their "job". The money right now it's better spent elsewhere if i'm honest - Activision doing Activision things.
    This is spoken like someone who has literally not played or even done full research.


    First off "like your sl charecter but with 2 azerite traits, 2 sl abilities, and 4 sl legendaries" is still something new, especially since many classes, actually all, have atleast some new abilities.

    evokers 25 yard range is awkward, but that is because it takes getting used to, their ability to almost perpetually cast while moving makes that range negligable

    "Quests are same, dont expect anything fresh"

    The fuck you talking about?
    Pokemon snap, rock climbing, Zone wide hunts, aint fresh?



    "Dont trust anything streamers say, it is their job"
    That is not how it works... If you really think preach or asmon would lie about enjoying stuff because its their jobs then like.. come on my dude.

  11. #11
    Its not fair to call what we have seen of DF so far business as usual. Thats just a downright lie.

    Blizzard has been extremely good with both communicating their vision and listening to player feedback(and reacting to it). They are removing all the borrowed power systems and the talents that are still being worked on look promising at the least.

    I'm not saying its going to save wow or that people should come back - i havent resubbed or prepurchased either. But there is no reason to paint a directly false picture of whats going on.

  12. #12
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,019
    I mean it looks solid. I am sure the raids and dungeons will be nice they almost always are. Having a rotation for M+ will imo make it better. They seem to be working hard on talents and I think each iteration on feedback has been better; I do want more improvements and I am not that happy with my main's class but there is still time and they are active enough. The world seems beautiful and large, cannot really judge world content without beta access and a decent amount of time. There is gear progression for everyone which always helps keep the content interesting. The story is also away from the more divisive characters so even if it's mediocre it is less likely to be as damaging as the last two expacs.

    Cautiously optimistic here.

  13. #13
    Who knows, as usual the real test for new expansion is not the first month when you have shitton of new and unexplored stuff to chew on, but what happens 3rd month and forward.

    The class changes ARE big and people who downplay it have no fucking idea what they are talking about. Many of the talents ARE returning bonuses/legendaries/sets from last 3 expansions, but the fact that you can now mix and combine them opens up a huge amount of options that will transform the way specs play a lot.

    The new areas are huge and grand, the new class/race is both exciting (first new ranged DD spec in WoW ever) and has insane amount of customization to boot.


    However, on the flipside, what will make or break DF is 10.1 and 10.2, how fast are they delivered and what they will be - because if 10.1 will be another dogshit like Korthia 8 months after expansion launch - it will all go down the drain fast.

    As a side note - I really hope Blizzard splits the 6 monts deliveries into 3+3 instead, they need to find a way to launch more frequent content updates even if each of them will be smaller.
    All my ignores are permanently filtered out and invisible to me. Responding to my posts with nonsense or insults is pointless, you're likely already invisible and if not - 3 clicks away. One ignore is much better than 3 pages of trolling.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrie View Post
    I think it's on par with SL and BFA. Talent trees are great until you realize that for most specs you're not gaining anything new. For some classes it's like you're playing your SL character but now you get to have 2 azerite traits and 4 SL legendaries with the ability to have 2 SL covenant abilities. Your mileage will vary.
    You realize that what you are describing is a massive change right? It would be like adding 3-4 additional rows to the current talent system.

  15. #15
    Just FYI, Warlords of Draenor was also highly praised within it's first couple weeks from launch. That changed quickly towards the middle and end of the expansion.

    I think almost all expansions experience some form of "honeymoon" period right at launch. It's new and there are lots of places to explore. But after a while the new car smell fades and people are left wondering "That's it?". Of course some of those people speed rush through the leveling portion of the game to get to the end game as fast as possible.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

  16. #16
    Scarab Lord Nymrohd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2022
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    4,019
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Who knows, as usual the real test for new expansion is not the first month when you have shitton of new and unexplored stuff to chew on, but what happens 3rd month and forward.
    See this is the problem with us as customers. Box price for the game is similar if not lower than most triple AAA games. It is on the high end if you add two months of s Those first two months will offer you more entertainment time than pretty much any other game you can buy, easily offering something to do for 20+ hours per week and some people play far more than even that, especially on a young expac. The value proposition is pretty damn unmatched in gaming

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Just FYI, Warlords of Draenor was also highly praised within it's first couple weeks from launch. That changed quickly towards the middle and end of the expansion.

    I think almost all expansions experience some form of "honeymoon" period right at launch. It's new and there are lots of places to explore. But after a while the new car smell fades and people are left wondering "That's it?". Of course some of those people speed rush through the leveling portion of the game to get to the end game as fast as possible.
    Or and hear me out, there are two components to an expansion. There is launch content which offers one type of experience and then there is post launch and repeatable content. Warlords of Draenor offered exceptional launch content.

    I know Blizzard would like us to stay subbed but we don't have to. With so many people turning to PuGing you can pick up the game again later in the expansion and catch up in minimal time.

  17. #17
    Legendary! Flurryfang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Empire of Man
    Posts
    6,997
    Good, better than much before, but lacking any form of hype.

    Its like if you got a new car and its the same car, just better in most areas. Im not unhappy to get improvements, but it also not something i want to brag about.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

    Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Seems worrying, because 10.0 needs to be a straight up 10/10 for WoW.
    no, no it doesn't, it will never get 10/10, especially from the streamers that use "wow is bad" for content


    it just needs to be better then shadowlands

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Or and hear me out, there are two components to an expansion. There is launch content which offers one type of experience and then there is post launch and repeatable content. Warlords of Draenor offered exceptional launch content.

    I know Blizzard would like us to stay subbed but we don't have to. With so many people turning to PuGing you can pick up the game again later in the expansion and catch up in minimal time.
    Possible. I also think Blizzard need to do a way better job of making leveling alts easier (at least alts from each faction). Shared profession ranks, shared reputations, etc. I know this goes against the philosophy of keep the player busy as long as possible by doing the same portions of the game multiple time across the players alts. But there should be a happy medium.
    "The customer is always right" is a nice way of saying "I will put up with your bullshit as long as you pay me"

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    Does it look on first hand better then Shadowlands though?
    I'm the wrong person to ask... my game play starts at mythic 20 and ends at ce.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •