Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    Dragonflight ends like Shadowlands. Millions buy it. Millions level. A few thousand play endgame.
    That's the biggest issue for me. Dragonflight looks like it has no staying power for me. I don't raid or do gear treadmill or grinds. PvP has been stale for years. There are only four questing zones and even then they look generic. We will have to wait a year for a patch to drop and it will barely have any meaningful solo content in it. It looks like I check out the four questing zones and then unsub until the next expansion and hope Blizzard finally learned their lesson (we've been doing this same song and dance for coming up on 8 years so no, so they won't).

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It looks bad in my point of view. They're overcomplicating professions for some insane reason to start.
    Don't even get me started on how they seem completely lost about professions and how to make them fun or interesting. It seems to go between making them a huge time sink (legendaries, profession quests, leveling, etc) or phoning in a basic bunch of generic stat pieces. First Aid is gone and Archaeology seems abandoned, Inscription is mostly dead and Jewelcrafting is no longer the gold maker it used to be.

Quote Originally Posted by VinceVega View Post
    I preordered... but i think this will probably be the first expansion i WON'T play at launch... it is not bad... just boring.

This is the big problem wow has imho. Every expansion is disconected from every other expansion. There is not red string unless you count the deus ex machina cosmic shit without any real connection to anything.
    DF has... honestly nothing i am interested in. I really don't care about flying no matter in what form. So i will use it and... well... be ambivalent about it. Raiding is fun but only if the raids themselves have a reason to be. Dungeons look generic.
    Dragons are rather boring in wow in the first place imho.
    New class is just furry/scaly widehipped directly pulled from deviantart and then even lazy enough so they had to slap a human form ontop of it so they could ignore transmogs.
    New zones look generic as hell.
    New models... are cutsy.
    New armorsets are freaking BULKY as hell... i doubt characters could even lift their arms with gloves that have stone on it as big as their own torso (like wtf is wrong with an actuall cloth or leather set for once? Nearly all oft them could be a pure warrior plate set... or stone)
    Weapons get more and more unusable as actual weapons. Yeah wow was always more weird with weapons... but come on how is a spine a sword? There isn't even a edge anywhere...
    Everything is a joke in some way it feels.
    Why are they to hellbend on pushing freaking ducks? WHo gives a fuck about ducks? Not like crittters have a huge place in wow anywhere.

But i could completly look over all of this if the story is fun. But it isn't. There is nothing hooking me from the trailer. There is nothing given me a reason to play from the PTR for now.
    Maybe it will change but i doubt it.
    Mate, all this bad things you have to say and... you still preordered? What's wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    What are you talking about?
    If you did Horrific Visions with masks, the ilvl of the gear rewarded at the end would increase. The highest you could get (with +5 masks) was the same ilvl as most of mythic Nyalotha. Every consecutive piece rewarded within the same week would be 5 ilvls lower iirc.

But because every piece of gear rewarded from Horrific Visions was guaranteed to be corrupted, you could get some very good gear without ever stepping into raids, m+ or PvP, except weapons which weren't available from Horrific Visions.
    Quote Originally Posted by AZSolii View Post
    "yes, let's piss him off because he loves his long hair. Let us twirl our evil mustaches amidst the background music of honky-tonk pianos! GENIUS!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Yes i hate those sneaky account thieves that come to my house and steal my computer in order to steal some wow money! Those bastards! *shakes fist*

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post
    If you did Horrific Visions with masks, the ilvl of the gear rewarded at the end would increase. The highest you could get (with +5 masks) was the same ilvl as most of mythic Nyalotha. Every consecutive piece rewarded within the same week would be 5 ilvls lower iirc.

But because every piece of gear rewarded from Horrific Visions was guaranteed to be corrupted, you could get some very good gear without ever stepping into raids, m+ or PvP, except weapons which weren't available from Horrific Visions.
    It was 5 ilvl below base nylotha mythic gear, but yeah I guess it was pretty close. And no you just got gear once pretty sure.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by khazmodan View Post
    Don't even get me started on how they seem completely lost about professions and how to make them fun or interesting. It seems to go between making them a huge time sink (legendaries, profession quests, leveling, etc) or phoning in a basic bunch of generic stat pieces. First Aid is gone and Archaeology seems abandoned, Inscription is mostly dead and Jewelcrafting is no longer the gold maker it used to be.
    Ok smart guy how do they make professions fun? If you think they are complelty lost, explain how you would make em fun? Cause I've been having a blast with them on the alpha/beta.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Depakote View Post
    It looks bad in my point of view. They're overcomplicating professions for some insane reason to start.
    They are making them interesting, how is that over complicating? Especially since we have profession specializations back, even for the ones that never had em.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Unlimited Power View Post

I think it was limited to the five-non azerite armor pieces. No weapons, no trinkets, no jewelry (well obvious not cloak either)
    But you could get full heroic from conquest easily anyhow.

It was still a great reward for content that was decently challenging.
    Last edited by Nymrohd; 2022-09-11 at 09:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulggun View Post
    Mate, all this bad things you have to say and... you still preordered? What's wrong?
    Well i know i WILL play it. Just maybe not at launch and i won't raid. So no reason not too honestly and i have the money to spare...
    Just means i won't spend that much time in it at launch like... in every other expansion since BC^^

Well i know i WILL play it. Just maybe not at launch and i won't raid. So no reason not too honestly and i have the money to spare...
    Just means i won't spend that much time in it at launch like... in every other expansion since BC^^
    Yeah and every other expansion since BC have had so much to donoutside of raids, dungeons and pvp. Your arguments are making so much sense.. why complain just to complain? You are going against yourself in the very next sentence...

Quote Originally Posted by Arkura View Post
    Yeah and every other expansion since BC have had so much to donoutside of raids, dungeons and pvp. Your arguments are making so much sense.. why complain just to complain? You are going against yourself in the very next sentence...
    They didn't. Never said they did. For me the most fun part of an expansion is seeing everything for the first time. THEN i go raiding. This time i don't know if i will keep playing after seeing it once because everything around is just not for me. Probably. I can only say it definetly after playing it. Still not convinced for now.

The stuff i mentioned is still a big part of the game. Even IF endgame is only Raids, dungeons and PVP. Didn't even say i want something new in that part of the game.
    But if the surroundign stuff around endgame isn't right the whole game suffers. If it would not matter the game would be white mannequins without distinct models in white cube rooms.

It needs more than a fun raid to keep people playing longtime. Transmogs are a HUGE part of it. As is lore and the stories told on the new continent and a bunch of other factors.

If this is not right i play once and then... well... interest fizzles for me. If the rewards are not satisfying i won't play the same content over and over and over again.
    That is a problem for every MMO to solve. They somehow have to make you play the same content again and again. In a single player you normally don't run the same level over and over. Think Mass Effect for example.
    MMOs do it by giving you different rewards (iLVL, transmog, mounts and even pets) and an ongoing story.

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    ]NO it does not. IT is going to be extremely successful. People like you say this every expansion. Every expansion makes more than the last. ANd how do you know they lack ambition? Oh right, you don't like it so thy are automatically ambitionless. Ditto for creativity.
    Uhm, how I know that? By simply looking at what they're giving us as features and what they do with the game? There is nothing innovative or creative in Dragonflight. That's another fact because you can basically playtest everything it has to offer right now and check it yourself.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Nyel View Post
    Uhm, how I know that? By simply looking at what they're giving us as features and what they do with the game? There is nothing innovative or creative in Dragonflight. That's another fact because you can basically playtest everything it has to offer right now and check it yourself.
    Because they are never going to add anything later on right? Oh wait, they always do. And it is going to be extyremely successful because it will make a ton of money, the most scientific way of determining success.

Nothing being added is innovative in terms of online games true but in terms of WoW it is

Work order system
    Dragon flying
    Rep renown
    Crafting revamp

Those are innovative for WoW

I'll wait a bit before getting this expansion after I was burned on the last two

I'm expecting a rose tinted launch experience that will wear off and show it's true colors after a few months (just like the last two).

Quote Originally Posted by Forum Man View Post
    Nothing being added is innovative in terms of online games true but in terms of WoW it is

Work order system
    Dragon flying
    Rep renown
    Crafting revamp

Those are innovative for WoW
    Rep renown is basically renown. Crafting is the same as usual, just improved (again, they tried the same in Legion). Work orders are hardly innovative and so is Dragonflying, which is a carbon copy of Guild Wars 2 flying system. To call this innovative in "WoW" terms just supports my argument that the WoW developers are creatively bankrupt. I mean the bar for innovation was low, but this low? Uhm.

As I said above, there are areas for praise in Dragonflight. But when it comes to the "creative" side of game development... it's jut not there.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    Because they are never going to add anything later on right? Oh wait, they always do. And it is going to be extyremely successful because it will make a ton of money, the most scientific way of determining success.
    Who the hell cares about success? That was never up for discussion. Candy Crush is the most basic game possible and is more successful than WoW, does this prove anything? No.
    Last edited by Nyel; 2022-09-12 at 05:11 PM.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Who the hell cares about success? That was never up for discussion. Candy Crush is the most basic game possible and is more successful than WoW, does this prove anything? No.
    The first post of mine you quoted I mentioned it would be a big success. Also, you still haven't proven the dves are ambitionless. Everything you said is still based on the fact you do not like the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Celement View Post
    Leveling is some of the worst it's ever been with forced breaks and down times from npcs trying to build character with unskipable ramblings.

Dungeons are really to incomplete for testing at this stage but the talent trees show quite a bit of promise.

Come back a month or so from the launch date for more info.
    Are you literally making stuff up. Leveling is fantastic. If you are going to make stuff up. Come up with a better lie.

15+ Year Old Account
    I preordered... but i think this will probably be the first expansion i WON'T play at launch... it is not bad... just boring.

This is the big problem wow has imho. Every expansion is disconected from every other expansion. There is not red string unless you count the deus ex machina cosmic shit without any real connection to anything.
    DF has... honestly nothing i am interested in. I really don't care about flying no matter in what form. So i will use it and... well... be ambivalent about it. Raiding is fun but only if the raids themselves have a reason to be. Dungeons look generic.
    Dragons are rather boring in wow in the first place imho.
    New class is just furry/scaly widehipped directly pulled from deviantart and then even lazy enough so they had to slap a human form ontop of it so they could ignore transmogs.
    New zones look generic as hell.
    New models... are cutsy.
    New armorsets are freaking BULKY as hell... i doubt characters could even lift their arms with gloves that have stone on it as big as their own torso (like wtf is wrong with an actuall cloth or leather set for once? Nearly all oft them could be a pure warrior plate set... or stone)
    Weapons get more and more unusable as actual weapons. Yeah wow was always more weird with weapons... but come on how is a spine a sword? There isn't even a edge anywhere...
    Everything is a joke in some way it feels.
    Why are they to hellbend on pushing freaking ducks? WHo gives a fuck about ducks? Not like crittters have a huge place in wow anywhere.

But i could completly look over all of this if the story is fun. But it isn't. There is nothing hooking me from the trailer. There is nothing given me a reason to play from the PTR for now.
    Maybe it will change but i doubt it.
    Wanted to adress this one. BLZ are more or less forced to (listen to players) and redo alot of core features. Such as dropping borrowed power etc which kind of make this one a valid disconnect in that sense.

A compelte overhaul is what will bring many long time players that quit back. Another "Island expedition" wont
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakis View Post
    Wanted to adress this one. BLZ are more or less forced to (listen to players) and redo alot of core features. Such as dropping borrowed power etc which kind of make this one a valid disconnect in that sense.

A compelte overhaul is what will bring many long time players that quit back. Another "Island expedition" wont
    Yeah. If they do it right and give us something to stay u know a few people who would come back. Unless they make it into a complete action combat game.
    But a complete overhaul for Blizzard means no content at all for wow for a few years.... look at overwatch.
    They would kill the game

I can give my feedback/impressions but it won't differe from what you already read unfortunately. Keep in mind that's only my opinion.

First of all and sadly, for me, the best moment to play wow is always at launch because it's all new (new zones are fantastics by the way, but as usual...), and the last patch, because Blizzard finally gives up on the 2 years old players' requests.
    And, I'm kind of tired of this model. I want wow to be good and finished from day 1 and under the whole product life cycle. It means it has to be fun, rewarding, challenging, balanced and not timegated from day 1.

From what I played in alpha and beta, I can tell you right now there is no difference between BFA SL and DF, except the fact that you don't get (at least for the classes/specs I play) any new power, but returning ones to choose between. And it's an illusion of choice because the meta will find the best skill combo for each situation, which will also end up to a balance nightmare for Blizzard (which will create frustration as usual). And there is not new feature to summarize it.

Apart from the new class (which feels very weird to play and unfinished) and the new way of flying (which is not something "new"), there is nothing new in terms of features.
    When a Legion brought artifact weapon, class order hall, WQ, mythic +, assault as new features, DF brings nothing compare to that level of content, it's just gorgeous empty zones filled with same activities as before.

Dragonflying is just annoying and if you are into flying simulation, then buy microsoft flight simulator. It's advertised as a ground breacking feature but Im telling you it's just another way of flying which btw, makes your old mounts absolete.
    I'm not into crafting but it looks to me that the new crafting system has been redesigned to copy systems like new world and lost ark, with a twist.

Dungeon are gorgeous but it's the same mechannics all over again, no innovations here. It will just be boring after a patch unless they manage to add new dungeon regularly (not returning one, I mean new dungeons).

If you are waiting for a 10 with DF, telling you right now it will be a 5. There is nothing new in terms of community, no player housing, no new feature. It's at best an attempt to balance class by revamping their skill/spell attribution.
    For me the saddest part with this expac is that I was expecting to be blown away by DF and once again, sorry to spoil it for you, it won't be the case at all. I expected Blizzard to take risk and bring something insane to the table, but from what I've played, saw and read, it's not gona happen. It's quite the opposite... If you are a conservative player, one of those "it's like this since 16 years", you will be happy with DF.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    "There is not one single fresh, interesting, or innovative idea in dragonflight"
    Empowered spells, evoker, dragon riding making travel ACTUALLY FUN, work orders, profession overhaul, profession gear, world events like hunts invasions and sieges, pokemon snap style quests, rock climbing, overhauled reptuation system, and a complete Ui overhaul, finally making it so we dont need addons to not have a god awful UI.

The devs are not creatively void, you just refuse to acknowledge the massive amount of new things in the expansion.
    None of that is new except evoker, so you know... (rock climbing , now this is hilarious)
    Last edited by Labambaprincess; 2022-09-13 at 11:25 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Labambaprincess View Post
    - - - Updated - - -

None of that is new except evoker, so you know... (rock climbing , now this is hilarious)
    "none of that is new"

You have to be daft, if you think none of that is new but evoker...
    man i sure do love on retail how i can fly with momentum phsyics, how i can customize my mounts, how i can do timed races with other players, and how i can without any addons completely overhaul my Ui.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content