Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by xilla View Post
    Unless there's an update with the engine of the game, it will be looking same as usual to me.
    Engine and systems would be good to change. The game relies way too much on gear progression as motivation. If you remove the gear, would you really want to do what that gameplay is, that many times? It’s designed to capture and addict players, and a lot of them become unhappy, but stuck chasing the carrot on a stick for the next small hit of dopamine.
    Last edited by r4vio928; 2022-10-05 at 09:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Coming in on page 17 so I'm sure this has been covered already, but the base "WoW" game in Dragonflight seems better in some ways and worse in others. The new talent trees give many specs a LOT more buttons to press, which I really don't like, but they got rid of mission tables and borrowed power, which I love. Two steps forward, one back, as always.

Outside of the core WoW experience, beta testers are extremely positive about the new dragon flying. It sounds like a lot of fun.
    i have to say i'm excited about the talent trees. its a nod to older, fonder, better times. where it wasn't just pick 1 out of 3 talents every 15 levels. i get the fact most of the abilities are in the tree now instead if given via levelling. i would have liked to see abilities given and talents change or morph them in a meaningful way, but ill take what i can get. i approve this change and it borrowed power is gone and the bullshit covenant grind is gone then i'm in. just want a good wow experience that i can enjoy with friends.

one gripe i do have with retail wow is M+. really dislike this system, but i don't have to like everything. ill just raid, do some flat Mythic dungeons and possibly some pvp.

the closer it gets the more excited (i guess is the word) im getting for DF

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    There is also dragon flying world quests where you fly through bugs, fly through rings, and race. Oh also crafting gear too, like actual armor with stats but for crafting.
    cant forget the photos
    and the ducks

I feel dragons are way overused in fantasy settings so meh gonna be fun for some weeks at launch as usual but i doubt it will keep me excited for long just like sl but we will see have to try it first.
    Do you hear the voices too?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ParanoiD84 View Post
    I feel dragons are way overused in fantasy settings so meh gonna be fun for some weeks at launch as usual but i doubt it will keep me excited for long just like sl but we will see have to try it first.
    Dragons in fantasy settings are much the same as swords. They're not all that inherently exciting, but they're so integral to the genre that you can really feel it when they're missing. And with the right writers? They can create an interesting sword or dragon that stays with you.
    Last edited by Berkilak; 2022-10-05 at 05:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Berkilak View Post
    Dragons in fantasy settings are much the same as swords. They're not all that inherently exciting, but they're s integral to the genre that you can really feel it when they're missing. And with the right writers They can create an interesting sword or dragon that stays with you.
    True will just have to wait and see how it will play out.
    Do you hear the voices too?

Seems good!
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

7+ Year Old Account
    I like it. moving in the right direction. imo is everything perfect, you will always have min/max ppl and the 1% crying about something, over all, much better than shadowlands/BFA been in beta for a while and I like it, seems the devs are listening and working on issues when the are brought up.

Quote Originally Posted by Traeliorn View Post
    i have to say i'm excited about the talent trees. its a nod to older, fonder, better times. where it wasn't just pick 1 out of 3 talents every 15 levels. i get the fact most of the abilities are in the tree now instead if given via levelling. i would have liked to see abilities given and talents change or morph them in a meaningful way, but ill take what i can get. i approve this change and it borrowed power is gone and the bullshit covenant grind is gone then i'm in. just want a good wow experience that i can enjoy with friends.
    I'm basically with you there, but some trees are vastly better than others. BM hunter now has like 5 cooldowns in addition to a bunch of extra rotational buttons. Don't get me wrong, BM needed some of that as it was a very simplistic spec, but it's pretty far overloaded now. My take is they went into 10.0 looking to fix BM's overly simple rotation and went pretty far overboard. Blizzard overreacts every expansion with one spec or another, sigh.

I'm looking forward to dragonflying. I have some degree of hope that it'll actually be fun. Less convenient and generally useful than normal flying, obviously, but faster, and a good time for 2 patches until they unlock the regular kind.
    Last edited by Schizoide; 2022-10-07 at 10:28 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    More of the same.
    I finally got to try the beta and after not being impressed with the new race/class, I went to the new world and was greeted with my first two quests: kill 15 drakes and save the scientists. Lol.
    At least the world looks interesting. No loading screens and the design is nice. But I was unable to explore everything because of 5 minute rollback that teleported me back and I got really annoyed and quit.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as I don't have grindy systems at the start like Legendaries, Conduits & Covenants, I'm all for seeing how it goes. Blizzard need to understand that a lot of their loyal playerbase is getting older and doesn't have the time to invest grinding for systems like Conduits/Covenants.

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    I really hope the expansion after Dragonflight will be better.
    It won't. All expansions are basically the same.

I'm wondering what there is for casual players to do. There doesnt seem to be any form of getting decent gear outside of mythic+ or raiding. Likewise they're making an even bigger ilvl gap so getting caught up is going to be even harder than the past. And outside of mythic+ and raiding all I see is rep grinds for some light cosmetics.

What is there for players who dont dungeon or raid (or just do some casual mythic+)? Even Shadowlands had stuff like Torghast and methods of gearing outside of those two. Albiet, lesser than prior expansions. I do not see much for casual players in this expansion unless they just really want some questing recolors or some NPC gear.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I'm wondering what there is for casual players to do. There doesnt seem to be any form of getting decent gear outside of mythic+ or raiding. Likewise they're making an even bigger ilvl gap so getting caught up is going to be even harder than the past. And outside of mythic+ and raiding all I see is rep grinds for some light cosmetics.

What is there for players who dont dungeon or raid (or just do some casual mythic+)? Even Shadowlands had stuff like Torghast and methods of gearing outside of those two. Albiet, lesser than prior expansions. I do not see much for casual players in this expansion unless they just really want some questing recolors or some NPC gear.
    There's a ZM style progression for non-raiders and m+

I won't be playing it, but like SL I'm getting the Eight Deadly Words of Fiction: "I don't care what happens to these people".
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    I won't be playing it, but like SL I'm getting the Eight Deadly Words of Fiction: "I don't care what happens to these people".
    That has been my experience with wow's storytelling since at least cataclysm. My only reaction to any character speech is "I don't know or care who this is, I just wish they'd shut the fuck up". It's pretty hilarious in a way that there are some quests with un-skippable dialogs. That's how confident the writers are in players getting engaged by their stories.

Funny thing is that during the centaur questline in DF at some point they hit you with a "lore check" quest where you have to answer questions about which centaur clan has which culture and despite alt tabbing during all mandatory dialogs, skipping all cutscenes and not reading anything I got it right on first try. I guess it's all so cliché that whatever bits of texts I glazed over during the quests were enough to figure it out.
    Last edited by ClownPrincess; 2022-10-12 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Strawberry View Post
    More of the same.
    I finally got to try the beta and after not being impressed with the new race/class, I went to the new world and was greeted with my first two quests: kill 15 drakes and save the scientists. Lol.
    At least the world looks interesting. No loading screens and the design is nice. But I was unable to explore everything because of 5 minute rollback that teleported me back and I got really annoyed and quit.
    Just gotta say, this is the wildest post I've read in a while. 'more of the same because they didn't completely reinvent questing as a concept' 'I lost 5 minutes of my time so I just stopped using my beta access'

Absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    Sorta like garrisons, the amount of time we had to try it was just enough that we didn't hit the boring part. By the time we maxed the Garrison's and started to go "wait, now what?" Beta was over.
    That was the point where you banked gold and stock piled all the tokens you need for the lifetime of WoW. I haven't used cash since they implemented the token. Thanks Joe Biden!