Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    it is not the same though, MoP scenario's had a whole different feeling to it. I just assumed those were more "special" quests but i never felt i did some scenario. Now thinking back it does remind me of them, but it is not what i ment.

Those are a once in a lifetime experience if you quest, they should be queue-able and farmable.
    Yeah but the same argument can be made for a whole ton of regular quests.

They were tucked away interface-wise and also not very popular. They felt by weaving it into the questing-experience, everyone got to feel what they were trying to do, while still enriching the questing-experience itself.

If you want to revisit them, make an alt.
    That's what I do when I want to replay the Legion class-campaigns..

as a healer i didnt like them because they only catered to the hordes of dps players.

just like the withered training where you weren't allowed to heal them. if i remember correctly, tanks had a much easier time there than dps.
    No matter how relevant the post, I will stop reading after 'should of'.

I liked them well enough that I used the Scenaturdist title for a long time. They were a good source of gear and points for alts.

Am I totally blanking, or did Island Expeditions sort of take their place?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven? Behold, now, the terrible vengeance of the Forsaken!

Unfortunately, Blizzard has a history of abandoning features. They have left behind a lof of things that could have been fun with some upgrades.

I definitely enjoyed them and would welcome something like it to return.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KOUNTERPARTS View Post
    Per usual, you make a claim that the consensus on something was one way when it wasn’t. You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Uh no? Ghostcrawler said they wouldn’t be back because they were unpopular. That’s just a fact. I’d say you should just sit back and take what you told that guy for yourself.

They weren’t enjoyed but a lot of that could be because the rewards were just garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Beet View Post
    Uh no? Ghostcrawler said they wouldn’t be back because they were unpopular. That’s just a fact. I’d say you should just sit back and take what you told that guy for yourself.

They weren’t enjoyed but a lot of that could be because the rewards were just garbage.
    I recall them being pretty grim... a few weeks out and you had half hour queues to find three people.

People who speak positively about scenarios always reference the over rewarded heroics that gave extremely quick valor.

They recall the easy valor positively not the scenario themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It was their attempt to solve lack of healers/tanks, created by way too hardcore dungeons in Cata. It failed. Nobody liked it.
    Not nobody. My friends, how were/are ultra-casual loved them. They were just right for three casuals (or two very casual and one not-casual) to go through on a weekend afternoon, and they were nicely non-mandatory, filling in some story about an area, but not necessary for levelling or gear. If they were designed to scale for from 2-4 people and dropped cosmetics, toys, etc., plus gear that was scaled like WQ gear they'd be cool. Undemanding content for days where you just want something low-stress.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was not a bad attempt tbh. The idea vehind it was fine, they were just to easy and kinda boring also the rewards were kinda meh.

It all got rolled ibto phased quests aka scenarios, but instead of qing for them, they are now just part of the questing experience.. legendary quests all these type of things basically came of scenarios.

They were rather useless. For valor you would just spam dungeons and the reroll token have always been a pittance of gold.
    No normal or HC ilvl gear dropped from there so no reason to run them if you just dinged since you couldnt queue for dungeons and them at the same time.

7+ Year Old Account
    Weren't they just unpopular?

Like don't get me wrong, i loved that stuff, got all the achievements and did them for fun after they stopped giving good rewards, but i think i was in the minority.

Even if that ain't the case, i think they are just part of the content, that Blizzard dumps when they "refocus" their content catalog. Like with island expeditions before, unless they are a HUGE hit, content like that gets dumped by the side of the road.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Scenarios were amazing. IIRC the reason why Blizz abandoned this idea is because they quite simply ran out of time during WoD's development and then didn't know later on how to bring them back.

There were in fact 3-man scenarios in the WoD Alpha before they got scrapped due to lack of dev ressources, NOT because it was a "failed" feature.

/thread

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by cantrip View Post
    For the same reason they abandoned Torghast, Warfronts and Islands.

Too much work to implement. They rather like to create another raid tier.
    Pretty much this ^

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimson View Post
    I liked them well enough that I used the Scenaturdist title for a long time. They were a good source of gear and points for alts.

Am I totally blanking, or did Island Expeditions sort of take their place?
    Island Expeditions were definantly heavily inspired by Scenarios.

Even though its a shame, that some content/features gets retired, the knowledge from those features often get used to make future content, so its not completly wasted.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    Scenarios were amazing. IIRC the reason why Blizz abandoned this idea is because they quite simply ran out of time during WoD's development and then didn't know later on how to bring them back.

There were in fact 3-man scenarios in the WoD Alpha before they got scrapped due to lack of dev ressources, NOT because it was a "failed" feature.

/thread

- - - Updated - - -

Pretty much this ^
    I also think it has something to do with Blizzard having a philosophy around feature-bloat. They try to keep the number of features down, so that players are funneled into a few yet specific content areas, so that they are not split up and have data be easy to analyse.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    They were abandoned because people couldn't comprehend, that something could exist in the game, that didn't lead to BiS gear. They couldn't comprehend that sometimes, something just exists in the game because of fun or because it can. Blizzard did try and make them more "lucrative" with the HC Scenarios, but as far as I recall, they didn't really attract anyone, since it went agains the core concept of scenarios.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They were abandoned because people couldn't comprehend, that something could exist in the game, that didn't lead to BiS gear. They couldn't comprehend that sometimes, something just exists in the game because of fun or because it can. Blizzard did try and make them more "lucrative" with the HC Scenarios, but as far as I recall, they didn't really attract anyone, since it went agains the core concept of scenarios.
    Wow by gameplay mechanics is not very fun. No MMO is "fun" compared to games that are made to be fun. How many times would you play a turret mission in WoW for fun if it didnt give exp or gold? How many times would you do the darkmoon racecourse if it didnt give you something in return for your time?

You can have players do things for fun once and then you have to reward them for doing it again.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Deneios View Post
    Wow by gameplay mechanics is not very fun. No MMO is "fun" compared to games that are made to be fun. How many times would you play a turret mission in WoW for fun if it didnt give exp or gold? How many times would you do the darkmoon racecourse if it didnt give you something in return for your time?

You can have players do things for fun once and then you have to reward them for doing it again.
    "Not very fun" is quite subjective though. A lot of people enjoy the Souls game, and find them fun. I'd rather watch paint dry than play a Souls game.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    "Not very fun" is quite subjective though. A lot of people enjoy the Souls game, and find them fun. I'd rather watch paint dry than play a Souls game.
    Then you should be able to answer what part of wow you would have fun playing again and again with no reward?

7+ Year Old Account
    they where overall nice in my opinion but some took way to long in comparison to others for the same rewards

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hulkgor View Post
    No, they didn't. Some did, but the widespread opinion was that they were completely rubbish and a boring experience (With zero replayability), hence why they were scrapped and no one (besides yourself, in your thread starting tantrum) complained about it.
    I and many I played with did.
    MMO-Champ the place where calling out trolls get you into more trouble than trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    They were perfect for telling story of a specific zone or town. They were used for alot of places in MoP and it was pretty well received during it's lifespan.
    So why did they quit doing this? It required no tank/heal most of the times, you had fast queue's, the run itself was alot faster then dungeons and you could still get some rewards from it. They were perfectly made really.

So why not just re-introduce it for leveling and endgame?
    They switched to a largely new dev team with WoD which has been going out of their way to invalidate or ignore things the prior team did. They've shown themselves time and time again to be ragingly petty.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    It was their attempt to solve lack of healers/tanks, created by way too hardcore dungeons in Cata. It failed. Nobody liked it.
    It was actually incredibly popular. Especcially once they released the harder ones later on in the expansion. I never had trouble finding people who wanted to do them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    MoP Scenarios didn't create much broad appeal in the playerbase. Certain cross-sections of players liked them, but on the overall level, they weren't well received. Complaints ranged from being overturned, undertuned, not rewarding enough, or just not entertaining. I personally liked them, but you and I would seem to be in an effective minority that did. Some quests post-MoP leverage the Scenario design still, especially for climactic zone-closing quests, but they're relatively few and far between and remain part of the leveling experience. I think the tech could be refined to create some great content, but it seems unlikely.
    I see this a lot, people saying they werent popular followed by an admittance that they themselves and others they knew did like them. Did people really not like that, or is that an assumption based on their no longer being around? I've rarely seen anyone hate on them, mostly either indifference or love.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg