Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    and I just remember how long those queues were after a couple month in the xpac. sometimes more than double the time it takes to complete the scenario... I stopped queuing and forgot about them, until this thread 8 years later....

it's good to tell a story, but once you did it once, you know the story... the feature is great as it is now, telling stories in the lvling phase and it's done until you wanna lvl another toon and you have to do it again. people are asking for shortcuts so they don't have to go thru it again because they already did that the first time....
    U sure about that? I only remember dungeonfinder having a queue of 30-40 minutes because dungeons were made useless once u dinged max level.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

I liked scenarios, but like raids and dungeons I felt that doing the same story over and over and over for months on end wasn't very fun. I felt like Island Expeditions were an evolution of scenarios that moved towards the right direction. Instead of being constrained towards following a set narrative, you were instead let loose onto a sandbox island and given a goal of reaching a certain point value, and allowed different ways to achieve that goal (farming mobs, triggering special conditions, or hunting down the enemy team). I hate BFA questing and dungeons but loved the island expeditions and levelled up to cap through them. Sadly island expeditions were neglected and abandoned as well.

I, like many of the posters here, think it was some of the best content added to the game.
    its lack of rewards is the number one reason alot of players stopped with it after the first few times.
    had it had a similar loot system to dungeons, they would be the primary source of casual group content today imo.

when you first hit max level, they took 3 green and blue geared players to do.
    by tier 2, it only took 2 players and by 3 you could solo with challenge.
    I loved scenarios.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuargh View Post
    BFA was released like 8 years ago and the feature in it's MoP form was gone. except this one thread we're in, I don't remember a single other thread asking for scenarios to be back. tells a lot about how popular the feature was... meanwhile, everytime a new xpac is announced, I see people asking for 2H enhancement shaman to be back on some way or another.
    8 years ago? you like double what it really was mate. 4 years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pahbi View Post
    Torghast wasn't an improvement on anything... it was the worst thing ever foisted into wow.
    "worst thing ever" lol come on now... Don't remember the ship yard, warfronts? Torghast is legit fun, being able to make extremly insane combos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    They were perfect for telling story of a specific zone or town. They were used for alot of places in MoP and it was pretty well received during it's lifespan.
    So why did they quit doing this? It required no tank/heal most of the times, you had fast queue's, the run itself was alot faster then dungeons and you could still get some rewards from it. They were perfectly made really.

So why not just re-introduce it for levelling and endgame?
    Torghast and the 4 Covenant Minigames in SL; Island Expeditions and Warfronts in BfA; Artifact and Class Quests, as well as Chromie Time, in Legion; Garrison Invasions in WoD. They haven't gone anywhere but the role they play, the design, the audience, and the way they're used to deliver story have all changed every expansion. The self-contained story aspects are just there as solo story scenarios but this actually works better than the 3-man versions because the 3-man scenarios forced you to move at a shared pace (and that pace often is faster than allowing the story to breath and the player to read...)

The casual content spot is fully taken by low m+. Scenarios would just overlap them and likely be irrelevant after the first weeks.

M+ are so effective that they basically made any other content obsolete except for pvp, and made raids shake as most people can simply gear up consistently and at their pace through keys.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    The casual content spot is fully taken by low m+. Scenarios would just overlap them and likely be irrelevant after the first weeks.

M+ are so effective that they basically made any other content obsolete except for pvp, and made raids shake as most people can simply gear up consistently and at their pace through keys.
    Plus MoP style scenarios would pretty much have to loot potential dungeon concepts. Look at how thin the line up for MoP dungeons was. Why was it so thin? Because multiple concepts became scenarios instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Plus MoP style scenarios would pretty much have to loot potential dungeon concepts. Look at how thin the line up for MoP dungeons was. Why was it so thin? Because multiple concepts became scenarios instead.
    Don't know about that but it's possible. I am a supporter of giving open world content a fully fledged gear progression, up to what 15s loot is - just staggered as fuck so it won't conpete with endgame but can be used as a way to catch up with gear istead of selling free stuff when a patch hits. Who cares if a wq gives you 15s gear 3 or 4 months in the patch. The new one is behind the corner.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    Don't know about that but it's possible. I am a supporter of giving open world content a fully fledged gear progression, up to what 15s loot is - just staggered as fuck so it won't conpete with endgame but can be used as a way to catch up with gear istead of selling free stuff when a patch hits. Who cares if a wq gives you 15s gear 3 or 4 months in the patch. The new one is behind the corner.
    Blizzard clearly cares if you check what they are doing with professions in DF. The "full progression path" which requires you to spend insane amounts of time and gold can at best give you loot equal to the second normal raid boss if you max everything up. For anything more you need to do the group content that already drops that ilvl so crafting will mostly be sidegrades unless the odd effect on an item ends up OP. It is clear what the team believes about rewards and that is that only instanced group content should have gear progression.

Anyway my point was more than things like Unga Ingoo or the Forgotten Crypt scenarios would have been dungeons otherwise and given a more varied group of dungeons to MoP. Art is a major limitation. I always wondered if they could just use the same area and bosses but just make it available in different formats and while it wouldn't work for making dungeons out of raids (the rooms are just designed for 20 people and they even feel sparse with 10, often problematic in certain mechanics) making scenarios out of the dungeons would not really be farfetched. Still Blizzard has always across all games been very much obsessed with having people play their games the way THEY want their games to be played (and that is not necessarily bad, not everything has to be Skyrim) so I doubt they'd go for such an approach

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    How did it fail? Everyone back in the days at MoP loved it.
    It doesn't do well in MoP.

The idea to get rid tank/healer/dps comp.
    However, the loot is crap.

The 5-man heroic in MoP is too easy.
    You can skip scenarios and wear crappy gear and do well in 5-man heroics.
    IMHO, it is all about loot.
    When the loot is good, everyone is doing the world quests.

Torghast is nothing like 3-man scenarios.
    Torghast doesn't even give the loot.
    The 3-man scenario is replaced by World Quests.
    Last edited by xenogear3; 2022-09-26 at 02:13 PM.