Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Triceron View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I'm not blocking your concept.

I just think a profession revamp would be more intuitive.
    Isn't that what we're getting now? Even then, I believe the concept of adventurers exploring the mysteries of WoW's past is better served in the class environment. I mean, look how much Brann added to the game by tagging along with us in various dungeons and raids.

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post

- - - Updated - - -

... Sure. How about we also make polearms have a 30 yard range, "and just make it shrink when you put it on your back"? And two-handed swords as well? Make the blade elongate to 30 yard every time you swing it? And daggers too, while we're at it.
    Geez..you are being overdramatic for no reason. Your realistic try isnt working. Huge 2hand swords that grow in size when unsheating or clipping through floors that are all known things and a whip is no differrnt. Besides I never mentioned 30 yard, which is to much, hence I said 10 as example. Your examples therefor are just stupid.

A whip would obviously slink down when sheated back like literally every weapon. Again with this in mind a 4 yard whip attack in wow is just pointless and ruins the fun of this new weapon type. 10 to 15 yard wouldnt even feel or look weird.
    Last edited by Alanar; 2022-09-09 at 08:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Isn't that what we're getting now? Even then, I believe the concept of adventurers exploring the mysteries of WoW's past is better served in the class environment. I mean, look how much Brann added to the game by tagging along with us in various dungeons and raids.
    Are they improving Archy at all even?

-edit-

Nope, seems like they aren't touching Archeaology at all this expansion. So yeah, profession revamp please.

-edit-

Nope, seems like they aren't touching Archeaology at all this expansion. So yeah, profession revamp please.
    Exactly that. With evoker we have enough classes for the next few expansions. And evoker has shown that they will not care what some fans claim is the "only logical next class"

As with most things in this regard Blizzard confirmed that Reno was a blue dragon in Hearthstone,
    In Hearthstone. That's the important key words: in Hearthstone.

and he's going to play a role in Dragonflight. So in my view it's quite obvious which way this is going to go. However, I'm not going to waste time trying to convince you of that because you'll never accept it as a possibility anyway.
    I do accept it as a possibility. I don't accept it as a fact like you originally stated.

Uh, no I don't.
    Oh. You don't? So you think you can just make up shit that makes no logical sense, and you "don't think you have to explain it"? Funny that.

I do believe I said "playable form"
    Which was one of the many changes done to your "rUlEz".

and in the past that was WC3. Then that migrated to HotS. Now that HotS is dead, we have to look at other playable options outside of WoW, and that leads to Hearthstone being a possible cradle for future class concepts.
    You are the only person in the world that believes Blizzard is for some reason restricted to one single source for class ideas, and can't look elsewhere until it is "tapped out" for ideas. Despite constant evidence to the contrary, mind you.

Also, the LoE would be a strong selling point.
    In your opinion. And what do you have to back up your opinion? A promotional image. Huh.

Well Reno IS a blue dragon in Hearthstone, and there's little doubt that he will be in WoW as well.
    Uther is a death knight in Hearthstone. By your logic, "there's little doubt" that he'll be a death knight in WoW.
    Ragnaros is a being of the Light in Hearthstone. By your logic, "there's little doubt" that he'll be a being of the Light in WoW.
    Etc, etc.

The point is that arguing whether or not that will be lore in WoW is completely irrelevant to a discussion about a possible class based on the League of Explorers.
    It is relevant when you state it as fact.

10+ Year Old Account

-edit-

They're revamping the other professions though.

Here's what Ion said about Archaeology;

Archaeology is something that needs some work. We're not super happy with how that played out. It's not something that's going to be part of our initial efforts in Dragonflight. Thematically, the idea of learning about the relics, that's going to happen across the Dragon Isles, but we're not returning to the excavation mini-game form of it. We want to figure out something better to do with that in the future.
    That's very interesting considering they're moving the League of Explorers into the game in Dragonflight.

Which is admittedly ironic considering this is the first expansion ever where we, the heroes, are not accompanying the Alliance's and Horde's military. Instead, we're accompanying their archaeology groups: the Explorer's League and the Reliquary.

That's very interesting considering they're moving the League of Explorers into the game in Dragonflight.
    Uh, Reno and the others from HotS already existed in WoW, at least since BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Hearthstone. That's the important key words: in Hearthstone.

I do accept it as a possibility. I don't accept it as a fact like you originally stated.
    Fair enough. We'll see soon enough one way or another.

Oh. You don't? So you think you can just make up shit that makes no logical sense, and you "don't think you have to explain it"? Funny that.
    You want to apply logical sense to a weapon called a "Gatling Wand"?

Which was one of the many changes done to your "rUlEz".

You are the only person in the world that believes Blizzard is for some reason restricted to one single source for class ideas, and can't look elsewhere until it is "tapped out" for ideas. Despite constant evidence to the contrary, mind you.
    I don't think that Blizzard is restricted. I believe they want people to experience their future classes on some level before they implement it into the game. For example, if Blizzard brought in an Explorer class based on the League of Explorers, you already have a fanbase from Hearthstone who would want to play the class because they're fans of the characters. In addition, fans of WoW would want to check out Hearthstone to get a feel for where these characters originated. The same applied to heroes coming from WC3 to WoW, and from HotS to WoW.

Whenever a HotS ability shows up in WoW you can go to the comments and see people talking about how it was an ability in HotS and how cool it is to have it in the game.

In your opinion. And what do you have to back up your opinion? A promotional image. Huh.
    Again, there's already a fanbase for those characters.

Uther is a death knight in Hearthstone. By your logic, "there's little doubt" that he'll be a death knight in WoW.
    Ragnaros is a being of the Light in Hearthstone. By your logic, "there's little doubt" that he'll be a being of the Light in WoW.
    Etc, etc.

It is relevant when you state it as fact.
    You're straw-manning like crazy....

- - - Updated - - -

Uh, Reno and the others from HotS already existed in WoW, at least since BfA.
    But they're expanding their lore by bringing in Rafaam, their chief antagonist, and while you doubt it, they'll more than likely be dipping into Reno's past too, since he's a blue dragon.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-09-09 at 08:38 PM.

Yep, that's exactly what I'd be interested seeing more than being separated off as a class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, that's exactly what I'd be interested seeing more than being separated off as a class.
    But where could it logically go? In the end, anything from that profession could be handled in the other professions. That was really the main problem with it, all of its craftable bases are covered.

Meanwhile, an Explorer class would be WoW's take on a Bardic class.

But where could it logically go? In the end, anything from that profession could be handled in the other professions. That was really the main problem with it, all of its craftable bases are covered.

Meanwhile, an Explorer class would be WoW's take on a Bardic class.
    Ask Blizzard. Depends on what they want to do with it.

IMO having Archy play more into world exploration in general. Like for Dungeons, have random encounters or secrets tied to an 'Explorer mode', and you can gain some side questy content. Maybe you dig up a relic that you have to protect for X waves, before getting a bunch of Fragment rewards. Or finding a secret pathway that takes you to a mini-boss. Or some random encounter shortcut that lets you skip a ton of trash just as a reward for having high Archy levels.

Since Blizzard is all about taking ideas from other games, I'm sure there's some world exploration mechanic that's already out there that they could tool back into WoW with an Archeaology theme to it. Phasing would really aid in this, since they could seed Archy 'hotspots' in the world that trigger you entering a phase that is specific to Archealogy, and generating enemies or encounters that would feel like it's happening in the world, but since it's phased it would involve challenges tailored to your character. Like they could literally have the Explorers League characters drop in on your location and help you in a sticky situation as a random world encounter.

I think the biggest difference between Archy and other crafting professions is that it should be tied to world exploration. It's not a standard crafting profession considering everyone has access to it, like cooking. It should absolutely be built into the standard questing and dungeon exploration gameplay.
    Last edited by Triceron; 2022-09-09 at 10:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ask Blizzard. Depends on what they want to do with it.
    From the looks of it, they don’t want to do anything with it.

IMO having Archy play more into world exploration in general. Like for Dungeons, have random encounters or secrets tied to an 'Explorer mode', and you can gain some side questy content. Maybe you dig up a relic that you have to protect for X waves, before getting a bunch of Fragment rewards. Or finding a secret pathway that takes you to a mini-boss. Or some random encounter shortcut that lets you skip a ton of trash just as a reward for having high Archy levels.

Since Blizzard is all about taking ideas from other games, I'm sure there's some world exploration mechanic that's already out there that they could tool back into WoW with an Archeaology theme to it. Phasing would really aid in this, since they could seed Archy 'hotspots' in the world that trigger you entering a phase that is specific to Archealogy, and generating enemies or encounters that would feel like it's happening in the world, but since it's phased it would involve challenges tailored to your character. Like they could literally have the Explorers League characters drop in on your location and help you in a sticky situation as a random world encounter.
    That sounds like a feature for classes (new type of dungeons), not a profession mechanic. Especially when you figure they didn’t even bother revamping it for the big profession revamp they’re doing in Dragonflight.

I would say the archaeology profession is dead, and it won’t be missed. Bring on the class that will do the theme justice.

From the looks of it, they don’t want to do anything with it.
    How do you figure?

We want to figure out something better to do with that in the future.

You literally posted this above regarding the future of Archy.

I respect the time you took to do this, but it really seems like your ideas are just overall, flat. They just seem uninspired, and as other folks have said, really just makes it look like the design theory is to make every other non-tinker class concept be so bad, that it makes tinker more attractive. Which is hard to do, but you've done it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it funny, but not something I would like as its own "class" but more of an Profession, but one that doesn't take a slot, basically a combination of this + Archeology, even some of the toy items that you get by exploring the world, and mostly have this profession offer stuff to make traveling the world more fun, easier and less cumbersome, like the whole Whip theme could be used as a small hook that can be used out of combat to move around (not to step to much in the rogue toes), maybe the same gem theme that you shown but to add certain silly but functional stuff, like Blue can be used to get Faster movement speed in water -or breath underwater-, red can be used to create an explosion that shot you up, green a movement speed boost, and yellow a slow fall effect.

Just to make sure to have that profession step less in the other professions toes, have some of the abilities depend on what profession you have, for example, if you are a tinker you get some extra tinker stuff (like a better glider than can use the gliding mechanic introduced in DF), etc...

You want to apply logical sense to a weapon called a "Gatling Wand"?
    I can apply the Warcraft universe's own logic, where wands are long-range weapons, of at least 30 yards, as far as I know, with some of them reaching a hundred yards range. And none that I know are so short-ranged.

I don't think that Blizzard is restricted.
    That's a bald-faced lie coming from you, who always insist that "classes must be inspired by WC3 characters". Wait, no. It's "classes must be inspired by WC3 or HotS characters". Ah, no, dang. It's actually "classes must be inspired by WC3, HotS or Hearthstone characters". In other words, you always claim Blizzard is restricted in their inspiration sources. Despite, of course, Blizzard always proving you wrong, to which you then just retroactively update your "rUlEz" in an effort to make it seem you were always right all along.

Again, there's already a fanbase for those characters.
    There's a fanbase for everything, no matter how delightful or vile said something is.

You're straw-manning like crazy....
    I'm not, though. This is literally your argument: "it is so in the Hearthstone game, therefore it is so in WoW". So why does your claim apply to Reno but not the other characters that so obviously debunk your argument?

But they're expanding their lore by bringing in Rafaam, their chief antagonist, and while you doubt it, they'll more than likely be dipping into Reno's past too, since he's a blue dragon.
    That is not what you said, though:
    You claimed that Blizzard is adding the League of Explorers into the game for Dragonflight, and that, again, is false.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do you figure?

We want to figure out something better to do with that in the future.

You literally posted this above regarding the future of Archy.
    1. Because Archeology wasn’t revamped with the other professions. It would be odd for Blizzard to fix one profession in isolation.

2. Because “better” would be a class, since they have hero characters that fit the theme.

Quote Originally Posted by Alanar View Post
    Geez..you are being overdramatic for no reason. Your realistic try isnt working. Huge 2hand swords that grow in size when unsheating or clipping through floors that are all known things and a whip is no differrnt.
    Call me when this "growth" makes something that is four feet long become as long as 20 or so yards when wielded.

Besides I never mentioned 30 yard, which is to much, hence I said 10 as example. Your examples therefor are just stupid.
    You said it has to greater than 10 "because it would be awkward". And no, it wouldn't "be awkward", unless you think melee attacks are awkward?

A whip would obviously slink down when sheated back like literally every weapon. Again with this in mind a 4 yard whip attack in wow is just pointless and ruins the fun of this new weapon type. 10 to 15 yard wouldnt even feel or look weird.
    Do you think sword attacks "feel or look weird"? Or axe attacks? Polearm attacks?

Not to mention, whips as a weapon would require completely new attack animations for all races. Or at the very least all the playable races. Imagine using a toy such as the Coin of Many Faces and end up as a race that doesn't have a whip attack animation, so your auto-attacks look weird as your character does a melee attack animation that clearly doesn't work with a whip...

- - - Updated - - -

1. Because Archeology wasn’t revamped with the other professions. It would be odd for Blizzard to fix one profession in isolation.
    Archaeology is a secondary profession, like fishing. It's not a main profession such as blacksmithing or alchemy, nor does it work like one, considering it has its own UI and everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's a bald-faced lie coming from you, who always insist that "classes must be inspired by WC3 characters". Wait, no. It's "classes must be inspired by WC3 or HotS characters". Ah, no, dang. It's actually "classes must be inspired by WC3, HotS or Hearthstone characters". In other words, you always claim Blizzard is restricted in their inspiration sources. Despite, of course, Blizzard always proving you wrong, to which you then just retroactively update your "rUlEz" in an effort to make it seem you were always right all along.
    I'm pretty sure the point is that they're all Warcraft characters.

There's a fanbase for everything, no matter how delightful or vile said something is.
    Not really the point. We're talking about this specific set of characters which can be placed into a new type of class. They've even been showcased in class-like roles, which is an interesting development.

I'm not, though. This is literally your argument: "it is so in the Hearthstone game, therefore it is so in WoW". So why does your claim apply to Reno but not the other characters that so obviously debunk your argument?
    Uh no. I'm saying an aspect of a particular character is easily applicable in both HS and WoW. You're taking that single example and expanding it to levels of absurdity.

That is not what you said, though:

You claimed that Blizzard is adding the League of Explorers into the game for Dragonflight, and that, again, is false.
    Yes, what I mean is that they're more completely fleshing out their lore in WoW by adding their antagonist and very likely revealing Renogos during the Dragon Isle expansion.

- - - Updated - - -

Archaeology is a secondary profession, like fishing. It's not a main profession such as blacksmithing or alchemy, nor does it work like one, considering it has its own UI and everything.
    Fishing is getting significant improvements in Dragonflight.