Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    That is an interesting point. I think it could be argued that gems are something identified, while relics can be anything, including gems.
    How do you envision it ? Is it a treasure hunter thing where you dismantle a relic to get gems, or is it an archeology thing where you power a relic with gems ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DatToffer View Post
    How do you envision it ? Is it a treasure hunter thing where you dismantle a relic to get gems, or is it an archeology thing where you power a relic with gems ?
    Sort of the first, but since Relics are a resource, you use them to get a gem.

Mh... i think that would work better as a secondary profession in combination with archeology.

Classes in wow are more... archetypes and intrinsic to the character. This is more of a vocation. Still creative.

Ion mentioned they're would be more classes in the future?

Honestly I'm tapped out on what is left.

I would say tinker but the new eng changes makes it feel hopeless.

I'd say bard more likely since they are least exist in lore and could be expanded upon like that huge concept thread a few years ago.

Explorer does sound interesting.

Ultimately, I hope we get 4th specs for all classes before a 14th class.

If blizzard can make 12 new class trees and 36 specs trees plus an entire new class with their own class and spec trees then I think they're more than capable of making new specs for existing classes.

Herald of the Titans Nightshade711's Avatar
    1+ Year Old Account
    Next Teriz class concept: The Hobo

Based off of the westfall hobos with their own unique weapon type: the hobo stick.

Their abilities are based off of collecting and throwing garbage
    Chen isn't a Monk

Honestly, I think Archeology needs a nice revamp to make it relevant again.

Perhaps something like this, maybe like a entire new game mode. Like dragon riding.

Not everything needs to be a class. This is why the tech fantasy can just remain with engineering instead of making the tinker.

I just wish the new tinker upgrades didn't need to have crafted gear and just behaved like enchants.
    Last edited by Varx; 2022-09-08 at 02:11 PM.

Hey, it's a game. No biggie.
    Yes, it is "biggie". It makes no logical sense for a whip to reach that far. Whips are considered melee weapons. Why not make swords have a 30-yard range too? It's downright telling how you love to drop logic and verisimilitude when it benefits you.

Blizzard created an entire race for a single class. I don't think creating 3 unique weapon types is a big deal once you reach that point.
    That is nowhere near the same thing. Creating a race exclusively to be one single class in no way, shape or form bloats the loot tables. In no way, shape or form heavily limits a class' possible loot drops. With the demon hunter, at least, both specs use the same type of weapon. With your joke of a class, playing more than one spec would be hard because you would need specific, exclusive drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade711 View Post
    Next Teriz class concept: The Hobo

Based off of the westfall hobos with their own unique weapon type: the hobo stick.

Their abilities are based off of collecting and throwing garbage
    Characters like Reno, Elise, Brann, Finley, and Rafaam are quite a bit above random hobos.

Hey, it's a game. No biggie.

Blizzard created an entire race for a single class. I don't think creating 3 unique weapon types is a big deal once you reach that point.

- - - Updated - - -

Well they are playable in Hearthstone.

As for offering anything different, I think the whip stuff and the Gatling Wand is new territory.

Well actually no, I really did submit this by mistake. I typically like my class threads to be complete before I submit them. Additionally even if complete, I always appreciate constructive feedback.

- - - Updated - - -

Still working on the gem system.

- - - Updated - - -

That is an interesting point. I think it could be argued that gems are something identified, while relics can be anything, including gems.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey, thanks. Trying to think up new class concepts than the usual stuff. I think this has some possibilities because the LoE are gaining popularity.
    No biggie.. What's next? 40yd range daggers? 120yd range swords? No biggie right..

- - - Updated - - -

Characters like Reno, Elise, Brann, Finley, and Rafaam are quite a bit above random hobos.
    None of them are in wow in the same way they are in heathstone. Thus they are irrelevant.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, it is "biggie". It makes no logical sense for a whip to reach that far. Whips are considered melee weapons. Why not make swords have a 30-yard range too? It's downright telling how you love to drop logic and verisimilitude when it benefits you.
    It also makes no logical sense for a building-sized dragon to transform into a normal sized human, yet here we are. If you want to say magic, then I can just say the whips are also magic.

That is nowhere near the same thing. Creating a race exclusively to be one single class in no way, shape or form bloats the loot tables. In no way, shape or form heavily limits a class' possible loot drops. With the demon hunter, at least, both specs use the same type of weapon. With your joke of a class, playing more than one spec would be hard because you would need specific, exclusive drops.
    I seem to remember you also saying that Blizzard would never make a race/class combo, yet here we are. I don't believe that adding three exclusive weapons to a single class would break the game or cause bloat. Also the class could simply have a sanctuary like Monks had where they can buy gear as they level. No biggie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    No biggie.. What's next? 40yd range daggers? 120yd range swords? No biggie right..

- - - Updated - - -
    Magical whip.

None of them are in wow in the same way they are in heathstone. Thus they are irrelevant.
    They're going to be in the next expansion quite a bit since Reno is a blue dragon.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2022-09-08 at 03:29 PM.

It also makes no logical sense for a building-sized dragon to transform into a normal sized human, yet here we are. If you want to say magic, then I can just say the whips are also magic.
    You're equating ancient beings with magic well beyond mortal ken, bestowed upon them by heralds of the Titans themselves, with a simple leather string. Is that it? And even then your little reasoning does not work, as there would have to be non-magical versions of those weapons, and they would have to have 30 yard range as well.

Also, don't think I didn't notice your little attempt to stealthily shoe-horn in a "ranged tank" in your concept.

I seem to remember you also saying that Blizzard would never make a race/class combo, yet here we are.
    By that token I also recall you repeatedly saying that "tinkers are next class" at basically every expansion, yet here we are?

I don't believe that adding three exclusive weapons to a single class would break the game or cause bloat.
    Yes. Yes, it would. I literally explained how.

Also the class could simply have a sanctuary like Monks had where they can buy gear as they level. No biggie.
    So fuck other classes that depend on dungeon and raid drops to get weapons, your class can just buy their weapons outright? "Oh, you're still hoping to get the weapon from the last boss of the current raid? Sucks to be you! I just bought mine the moment the raid opened!"

They're going to be in the next expansion quite a bit since Reno is a blue dragon.
    He has not been confirmed to be a blue dragon. Hearthstone is not canon to the Warcraft franchise.

10+ Year Old Account
    You're equating ancient beings with magic well beyond mortal ken, bestowed upon them by heralds of the Titans themselves, with a simple leather string. Is that it? And even then your little reasoning does not work, as there would have to be non-magical versions of those weapons, and they would have to have 30 yard range as well.
    Whose to say the whips on Azeroth can't hit from 30yds away?

Also, don't think I didn't notice your little attempt to stealthily shoe-horn in a "ranged tank" in your concept.

By that token I also recall you repeatedly saying that "tinkers are next class" at basically every expansion, yet here we are?
    Relevance?

Yes. Yes, it would. I literally explained how.
    We'll just have to agree to disagree.

So fuck other classes that depend on dungeon and raid drops to get weapons, your class can just buy their weapons outright? "Oh, you're still hoping to get the weapon from the last boss of the current raid? Sucks to be you! I just bought mine the moment the raid opened!"
    Monks do it. And current raids deal with that now via Demon Hunters and Warglaives, or Hunters and Xbows, Guns, and Bows.

He has not been confirmed to be a blue dragon. Hearthstone is not canon to the Warcraft franchise.
    He's a Hearthstone character now in WoW and thus canon. Probably explains why he's on the Dragon Isles.

T, how do you feel about 4th specs?

I feel like we're good on classes for now. How about adding new fantasies and themes to classes we have now.

Like blood healing lock, glad warrior making a return as a spec, healing DK, inquisitor holy dps priest, chiji range dps monk, ranged paladin.

Just some off the top of my head.

Draginflight has shown that blizz is more than capable of such an undertaking with the talent revamp plus a new class.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    T, how do you feel about 4th specs?

I feel like we're good on classes for now. How about adding new fantasies and themes to classes we have now.

Like blood healing lock, glad warrior making a return as a spec, healing DK, inquisitor holy dps priest, chiji range dps monk, ranged paladin.

Just some off the top of my head.

Draginflight has shown that blizz is more than capable of such an undertaking with the talent revamp plus a new class.
    I don't see 4th specs happening after Demon Hunters, Evokers, and Dark Rangers.

Ion seemed to suggest that we're getting more classes.

I don't see 4th specs happening after Demon Hunters, Evokers, and Dark Rangers.

Ion seemed to suggest that we're getting more classes.
    Why not though?

There's a HS card with a DH using a bow.

Evokers could easily get a new mix for another spec, like black and blue let's say and then maybe powers of some of the lesser flights as a fourth.

Hunters could easily get something that replaces what DR could have been.

Actually like this design of an unique class, it's fresh, lore friendly, and has a lot of potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varx View Post
    Why not though?

There's a HS card with a DH using a bow.

Evokers could easily get a new mix for another spec, like black and blue let's say and then maybe powers of some of the lesser flights as a fourth.

Hunters could easily get something that replaces what DR could have been.
    I think the fact that Evokers and Demon Hunters both got 2 specs pretty much kills any hope of 4th specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Zarupia View Post
    Actually like this design of an unique class, it's fresh, lore friendly, and has a lot of potential.
    Thank you! Hope you like the finished product.

I think the fact that Evokers and Demon Hunters both got 2 specs pretty much kills any hope of 4th specs.

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you! Hope you like the finished product.
    Yeah i know what you mean.

But still can't denie that the potential is there. Blizz just needs to commit to it and do it right.

Whose to say the whips on Azeroth can't hit from 30yds away?
    Feel free to show me a whip currently in WoW that reaches 30 yards away.

Other than that, it's downright amazing your dishonesty and double-standards as you're more than willing to ignore your own rules and the franchise's own logic when it comes to defending your ideas. But god forbid someone else do the same for their ideas, huh? Worse yet if they deviate from your arbitrary rules, right?

Relevance?
    The exact same relevance as your argument I replied to. So you tell me.

Monks do it.
    Show me where can I buy mythic+ dungeon and/or raid gear as a monk while the other classes can't.

And current raids deal with that now via Demon Hunters and Warglaives, or Hunters and Xbows, Guns, and Bows.
    It's not the same thing, because all DH specs use the same exact weapon type, and two of the hunter specs use the exact same weapon type, while the third spec utilizes weapons shared by other classes such as monks and druids.

He's a Hearthstone character now in WoW and thus canon.
    Jaina is a dreadlord in Hearthstone.
    Ragnaros is a Lightlord in Hearthstone.
    Uther is a death knight in Hearthstone.

Jaina, Ragnaros and Uther are in WoW, so all of the above is canon. At least in your faulty logic. In other words: just because Reno is a blue dragon in Hearthstone doesn't necessarily mean that he is one in WoW. Especially since this is true:

Probably explains why he's on the Dragon Isles.
    He's probably there because the Explorer's League is there.

I seem to remember you also saying that Blizzard would never make a race/class combo, yet here we are. I don't believe that adding three exclusive weapons to a single class would break the game or cause bloat. Also the class could simply have a sanctuary like Monks had where they can buy gear as they level. No biggie.

- - - Updated - - -

Magical whip.

Except he's not a dragon.. HS lore =/= WoW lore. Nice try though!

And magical whip, yikes.. way to headcanon things into working. Where are magical swords/daggers with huge range then? Do tell

- - - Updated - - -

Feel free to show me a whip currently in WoW that reaches 30 yards away.

Other than that, it's downright amazing your dishonesty and double-standards as you're more than willing to ignore your own rules and the franchise's own logic when it comes to defending your ideas. But god forbid someone else do the same for their ideas, huh? Worse yet if they deviate from your arbitrary rules, right?

The exact same relevance as your argument I replied to. So you tell me.

Show me where can I buy mythic+ dungeon and/or raid gear as a monk while the other classes can't.

It's not the same thing, because all DH specs use the same exact weapon type, and two of the hunter specs use the exact same weapon type, while the third spec utilizes weapons shared by other classes such as monks and druids.

Jaina is a dreadlord in Hearthstone.
    Ragnaros is a Lightlord in Hearthstone.
    Uther is a death knight in Hearthstone.

Jaina, Ragnaros and Uther are in WoW, so all of the above is canon. At least in your faulty logic. In other words: just because Reno is a blue dragon in Hearthstone doesn't necessarily mean that he is one in WoW. Especially since this is true:

He's probably there because the Explorer's League is there.
    And exactly, 100% this..