Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by antbregante View Post
    maybe they just keep hitting one another in the nuts like the guys from jackass.
    headcanon

accepted.

(I mean it's established that they've been busy either helping us in SL and are now stuck perpetually filling in Bolvar's old role of keeping the Scourge in check, now via violence, but I like this better.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

There are still plenty of excuses to inflict pain in Shadowlands, right? I mean, nothing really changes but the zone. I have not noticed any real difference in the quests we get. Maldraxxus = an eternity of inflicting pain on each other.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I mean because of the whole Wracking Pains thing.

Not sure if Bolvar raised the Pandaren + Allied Race DKs so they would not have it but the prior generations of DKs probably still had it.

For those who don't know, Wracking Pains is basically a psychological condition Arthas intentionally placed in the DKs he created to basically force them to inflict pain upon others. If they are not causing pain after a while, they start going insane. Inflicting pain is euphoric for DKs in short though I want to imagine by now, most of them have learned over time to suppress it to a degree.

Still though. This is the longest period of peace on Azeroth since before the Orcs arrived from Draenor. I'm sure some DKs found ways to satiate the Endless Hunger but it probably wasn't easy to pull off without some discretion.
    Death Knights got jobs as butchers. But seriously plenty of bad guys and monsters to fight and the Ebon Blade have the scourge to keep under control so its not like they dont have plenty to kill.

5+ Year Old Account
    No matter the topic, someone will find a way to redirect it to complain about their current aggro.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    Death Knights got jobs as butchers. But seriously plenty of bad guys and monsters to fight and the Ebon Blade have the scourge to keep under control so its not like they dont have plenty to kill.
    To what extent do you think we'll be seeing DKs trying to take ghouls, banshees, and val'kyr under their control?

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    I mean because of the whole Wracking Pains thing.

Not sure if Bolvar raised the Pandaren + Allied Race DKs so they would not have it but the prior generations of DKs probably still had it.

For those who don't know, Wracking Pains is basically a psychological condition Arthas intentionally placed in the DKs he created to basically force them to inflict pain upon others. If they are not causing pain after a while, they start going insane. Inflicting pain is euphoric for DKs in short though I want to imagine by now, most of them have learned over time to suppress it to a degree.

Still though. This is the longest period of peace on Azeroth since before the Orcs arrived from Draenor. I'm sure some DKs found ways to satiate the Endless Hunger but it probably wasn't easy to pull off without some discretion.
    Scourge was supposedly running wild. Death Knights probably focused on pacifying it. That's enough killing to keep them busy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    I've had a DK since Wrath went live and this is the first I've ever heard of this...
    It's like the second or third quest you do when you are told about it.

DKs probably just did old daily quests to get their fix.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    DKs probably just did old daily quests to get their fix.
    In a pinch, they can also be masochistic and read comments by people deliberately forgetting that the "War in Warcraft" doesn't have to be "waaaargh Human fight Orc!"
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    As per the shadowlands prepatch even, nobody which is why they were invading.
    That was pre-patch. They're no longer invading, did they just get over it?

It's like they kinda forgot the whole 'there must always be a Lich King' bit

Quote Originally Posted by Th3Scourge View Post

We see them continuing to rampage during the Kyrian campaign. They made it at least as far south as Redridge. Didn't seem like there was much activity left in Undercity when we did that, so Azeroth has presumably dealt with it in the 2 years without us.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormbreed View Post
    Mexico is already part of the USA so is Canada
    Quote Originally Posted by Shandalar View Post
    Shadow deserves nothing, the same as Fire Mages.

There's plenty of Undead in Northrend to kill as well as millions of demons in the nether.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

You know it's a Blizzard story when the rules of the universe shift and adapt to make sense with the current situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Scourge was supposedly running wild. Death Knights probably focused on pacifying it. That's enough killing to keep them busy.

- - - Updated - - -

It's like the second or third quest you do when you are told about it.
    Well, I haven't created a Death Knight in about ten years, so is it any wonder I don't remember the text from one quest way back then? Do you know what you had for lunch on July 14th, 2007?
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account

The Genn/Forsaken quest takes place after Sylvanas' trial and the Scourge is still attacking in some areas.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmatrix View Post
    The Genn/Forsaken quest takes place after Sylvanas' trial and the Scourge is still attacking in some areas.
    So presumably they will tie off this loose story thread in the dragonflight pre-patch? /s

The scourge relentlessly attacking every corner of Azeroth without a master to keep them in check sounds like a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringthane View Post
    Well, I haven't created a Death Knight in about ten years, so is it any wonder I don't remember the text from one quest way back then? Do you know what you had for lunch on July 14th, 2007?
    No but I guess so many of us just did that questline again for the undead protodrake Plus that part of DK lore is pretty significant, I was just saying it is mentioned right at the start of the questing experience so that players would know of it without reading much lore

Yes they started smoking the felweed and took a break. That's canon, i'm quite sure.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yes they started smoking the felweed and took a break. That's canon, i'm quite sure.
    It's already an improvement on the SL lore that people in here are simping for

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Peace between the factions doesn't mean "peace on Azeroth". Plenty of things to go kill, be it random scourge monsters, marauding centaurs, renegade demons, nagas etc.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    It's said the Ebon Blade completely exterminated the Scaret Crusade/Onslaught by the time Legion takes place. It definitely wouldn't take very long for the Ebon Blade to wipe out the rampaging undead in comparison.
    ...Ok, time to change the ol' Sig ^_^

This time I'll leave you the Links to 3 of my Wordpress Blogs: 1. Serene Adventure 2. Video Games 3. Anime Please subscribe if you like what you see. As a Bonus, I'll throw in my You Tube channel =D

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd assume all the DKs are out in Chromie Time farming for mounts or transmogs or something.
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything