Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rrayy View Post
    That costs money. Money people may not want to spend.
    and many, many, many, WOULD.... in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Recovery View Post
    and many, many, many, WOULD.... in a heart beat.
    NO they wouldn't. Not on realm transfers when people don't have a lot of disposable income right now.

3+ Year Old Account
    NO they wouldn't. Not on realm transfers when people don't have a lot of disposable income right now.
    Yeah, you're arguing just for the sake of arguing based on your own assumption.

Yeah, you're arguing just for the sake of arguing based on your own assumption.
    NO I am citing facts. You are spinning my words so you can declare yourself right.

It is also humnorous that you accuse me of that when you are the one who's argument is entirely based on your own assumption. I gave reasons why they won't. You only said "They will buy because I say so".

3+ Year Old Account
    NO I am citing facts. You are spinning my words so you can declare yourself right.

It is also humnorous that you accuse me of that when you are the one who's argument is entirely based on your own assumption. I gave reasons why they won't. You only said "They will buy because I say so".
    So, assuming that "people dont have a lot of disposable income right now" is a valid reason to assume that people wont transfer off a server?

Around 30 people in my guild on bene transferred off to Westfall. No one seemed to have a problem putting "disposable income" toward a transfer off of a realm with a 6 hour gatekeeper.

Just because YOU or your gaming circle dont have the money to do it, doesnt mean alot or most dont.

This is why they shouldn't do CRZ. Instanced activities only. I dont think there should be entire zones which have multiple realms accessing them.

It should just be that you can join a group with a friend from a different realm and when you get into the instance or join a pvp game, you are there together in that instance.

This would combat all of the problems immediately.

Think about it: alot of people are staying on servers like benediction because thats either where their friends are or they think they will find better groups for various activities there. If you can Q instanced content from any realm with any person, it eliminates that problem. I would literally transfer to the lowest population bongwater server i could find and make my leveling easier. lol
    This is actually not too bad of an idea. But CRZ-but-not-really-CRZ is going to be a hard sell to Blizzard's Classic dev team who seem very much of the opinion that CRZ/RDF are antithetical to the experience they want to provide.

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    This is actually not too bad of an idea. But CRZ-but-not-really-CRZ is going to be a hard sell to Blizzard's Classic dev team who seem very much of the opinion that CRZ/RDF are antithetical to the experience they want to provide.
    It would literally be the same system as BGs, except you could pre make groups with people from different servers, rather than it being a randomized Q system. They could force a requirement that the people youre Qd with have to be BTAG friends, etc. I feel like it would absolve the issue almost completely instantly. If I could Q with all of my friends from any bongwater server, id be off any mega server instantly.

It would literally be the same system as BGs, except you could pre make groups with people from different servers, rather than it being a randomized Q system. They could force a requirement that the people youre Qd with have to be BTAG friends, etc. I feel like it would absolve the issue almost completely instantly. If I could Q with all of my friends from any bongwater server, id be off any mega server instantly.
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I think it's a great solution. I just also think that it doesn't line up with Blizzard's stated intentions to preserve realm identity and their refusal to add the RDF.

3+ Year Old Account
    I'm not disagreeing with you. I think it's a great solution. I just also think that it doesn't line up with Blizzard's stated intentions to preserve realm identity and their refusal to add the RDF.
    I knew you werent disagreeing. Was just elaborating further. haha

So, assuming that "people dont have a lot of disposable income right now" is a valid reason to assume that people wont transfer off a server?

Around 30 people in my guild on bene transferred off to Westfall. No one seemed to have a problem putting "disposable income" toward a transfer off of a realm with a 6 hour gatekeeper.

Just because YOU or your gaming circle dont have the money to do it, doesnt mean alot or most dont.
    Well yeah because a transfer costs money and if you don't have money, you aren't going to transfer. And just because your circle has the money does not mean everyone does. Your group does not prove the majority

Setting up the remote desktop app or alternate programs is 5 minutes of your time.

If you need to be stingy with electricity, setting up a specific boot time for your computer in the bios is another 3 minutes.

How do people still have queues/can't play when coming home? I tap 3 times on my phone during lunch break and the deed is done, the situation and blizzards server politics suck but the solution to that takes less than 10 minutes of your time.

I wouldn't be surprised if Blizzard bottlenecks servers on purpose to create ques to make it seem like more people are playing than actual are, especially after FFXIV/endwalkers que issues when the expansion hit and how negative it impacted Blizzards image.

Conspiracy theory? yup. Possible? Yup

3+ Year Old Account
    Well yeah because a transfer costs money and if you don't have money, you aren't going to transfer. And just because your circle has the money does not mean everyone does. Your group does not prove the majority
    Exactly, so your whole argument is pointless because the same applies.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Just because you're broke doesn't mean everyone is though
    some people also don't want to reward shit server management and greed, I unsubbed in BC classic because I ended up a server\faction side that could not put a 5 man together, at that point if blizzard can't be bothered to give a free transfer off to the few left on a dead faction fuck em (I left and spent close to $200 on the steam summer sale). people trying to throw money at bliz for shit service (having to pay extra to play the game normally that's up to them) let them keep rewarding that shit, can't fix stupid, but maybe if they keep it up ..fool... money... soon... parted.. etc.. etc....

*after BC's run not to many want to trust blizzard on transfers to another server, just to have to pay to move to another later, (and if the big ones are still locked, could end up repeating a few times).
    Last edited by Dadwen; 2022-10-04 at 03:50 PM.

Exactly, so your whole argument is pointless because the same applies.
    It's not pointless. You discount it because it goes against your narrative, but it is facts no matter how you try to do that.

3+ Year Old Account
    It's not pointless. You discount it because it goes against your narrative, but it is facts no matter how you try to do that.
    Its a stupid argument against the original point. Alot of people wont pay to transfer, but alot also WILL pay to transfer. It could be enough to reduce server Qs. Period.

Again, your whole argument literally is for arguments sake. Go away now.

The Patient
    1+ Year Old Account
    Go away now.
    Very antagonistic. Come on, now. You could be providing a viewpoint or something valuable other than antagonizing somebody.
    Dude A: "lol well if you weren't such a Blizzard Shill™ you'd believe my source!"
    Dude B: ::posts the Webster Dictionary definition of the word 'objective' followed by a 700-word essay about how the WoW community is doomed::
    Quote Originally Posted by ClownPrincess View Post
    shut up idiot

3+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koollan View Post
    Very antagonistic. Come on, now. You could be providing a viewpoint or something valuable other than antagonizing somebody.
    Yeah, check previous posts. Been arguing semantics for literal days. It's a pointless discussion that's getting no where. Therefore, unless he has something of substance to retort with, it makes more sense for him to just go away.